Scared to death that I'll have this yeast infection forever: seeking advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Scared to death that I'll have this yeast infection forever: seeking advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

salsajar
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

There’s a lot of history involved with this one. I’ll be quick and to the point. I’m in my 20s.

2 and a half years ago I get a vaginal yeast infection that doesn’t respond to diflucan, doctor says it’s glabrata. Gives me itraconazole and it works.

6 months later I get a familiar itch and assume that it’s another yeast infection. (at this point the itch could be a problem associated with become atrophic but that’s a different story)

Doctor freaks me out saying that if I use itraconazole too much I could become resistant and there really isn’t any other treatment besides treating it with boric acid and probiotics.

I am scared to death at this point thinking one day I’m going to get a permanent yeast infection for the rest of my life. It affects my mentality greatly.

This itch isn’t a yeast infection supposedly because nothing is culturing. I probably had 4+ cultures (like I said itch may be due to atrophic vaginitis)

I see a doctor for the the atrophic vaginitis and the thinks I have a yeast infection, but can’t tell under the microscope (couldn’t see anything) but takes a culture (don’t know the results of it) and sets me up with diflucan and nystatin orally. No changes.

I have a dental issue and they apply antibiotics (which I’m very susceptible to) and I get no doubt a yeast infection (next doctor visit proves it under the microscope and gives me diflucan) does nothing. I’ve been using boric acid which seemingly helps but once is stopped the infection is back.

During the doctor appointment I ask about resistant yeast and about my freak out and he assures me that yeast don’t resist like bacteria do and to not be afraid of having a yeast infection forever.

But then I read things and can’t help but think I’m going to have this infection forever.

So I’m here for some questions

1) how do I treat this effectively?

2) I want to completely eradicate this infection, how can I?

3) Is it possible for an otherwise healthy adult have a yeast infection forever?

4) Can someone calm me down?

I’ll answer any questions that need answers so feel free to ask away.

Your advice is strongly and gratefully appreciated. Thank you in advance.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

salsajar;56665 wrote: There’s a lot of history involved with this one. I’ll be quick and to the point. I’m in my 20s.

2 and a half years ago I get a vaginal yeast infection that doesn’t respond to diflucan, doctor says it’s glabrata. Gives me itraconazole and it works.

6 months later I get a familiar itch and assume that it’s another yeast infection. (at this point the itch could be a problem associated with become atrophic but that’s a different story)

Doctor freaks me out saying that if I use itraconazole too much I could become resistant and there really isn’t any other treatment besides treating it with boric acid and probiotics.

I am scared to death at this point thinking one day I’m going to get a permanent yeast infection for the rest of my life. It affects my mentality greatly.

This itch isn’t a yeast infection supposedly because nothing is culturing. I probably had 4+ cultures (like I said itch may be due to atrophic vaginitis)

I see a doctor for the the atrophic vaginitis and the thinks I have a yeast infection, but can’t tell under the microscope (couldn’t see anything) but takes a culture (don’t know the results of it) and sets me up with diflucan and nystatin orally. No changes.

I have a dental issue and they apply antibiotics (which I’m very susceptible to) and I get no doubt a yeast infection (next doctor visit proves it under the microscope and gives me diflucan) does nothing. I’ve been using boric acid which seemingly helps but once is stopped the infection is back.

During the doctor appointment I ask about resistant yeast and about my freak out and he assures me that yeast don’t resist like bacteria do and to not be afraid of having a yeast infection forever.

But then I read things and can’t help but think I’m going to have this infection forever.

3) Is it possible for an otherwise healthy adult have a yeast infection forever?

Candida Glabrata is intrinsically resistant to the azoles. I don’t remember if some of them are effectives dose dependable. Anyway, it can be eradicated and you won’t have to live with the infection forever. So, calm down.
    Persistent or recurrent yeast infections are linked to a poor cell-mediated immunity. It doesn’t mean you have AIDS or a mayor immune problem. Most of the time, an intestinal reservoir of yeast colonies manipulates the immune system favoring mucosal yeast overgrowth. In other words, if your intestines are infected, your vagina is. There is a correlation between the intestinal growth with other body part infections. There are also minor intrinsic or acquired immune problems that cause yeast to flourish.

You have to look at your immunity and friendly bacterial flora. Yeast are controlled by them.

Jorge.

salsajar
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

What would you recommend me doing? I’m a little worried something will work then I get another yeast infection and it won’t work anymore.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

salsajar;56671 wrote: What would you recommend me doing? I’m a little worried something will work then I get another yeast infection and it won’t work anymore.

My advice is that you look for a MD who recognizes and treats Candida Related Complex. There are many of them.

Jorge.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

salsajar;56665 wrote: There’s a lot of history involved with this one. I’ll be quick and to the point. I’m in my 20s.

SJ,

The fact that you responded to the itraconazole would lead me to believe your issue is indeed yeast.

How exactly are they getting the culture sample? (Swab, scrape, etc?)
    Simple swab cultures are notoriously inconclusive.

What is your dental issue?
    Antibiotics are the absolute worst enemy for somebody with a yeast/candida overgrowth, you cannot keep taking anti-biotics and expect to get better.

Have you tried a low sugar/starch diet?
    Thats the simple first step.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to do the diet with antifungals and probiotics and with a good detox plan. You also need to develop your beneficial gut flora and rebalance the colonies within your gut. Eventually you can start to revert the yeast back to its non-pathogenic form with a great antifungal fatty acid called SF722.

I would personally focus on natural antifungals instead of the drug ones or use diphlucan in conjunction with SF722.

You haven’t taken any probiotics and this is what you need to get better…the antifungals just kill the yeast over and over.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scared to death that I'll have this yeast infection forever: seeking advice’ is closed to new replies.