sammcl's log – month 3

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions sammcl's log – month 3

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sammcl 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi all – so I wanted to post again as I have a few more questions.

Before I started this diet, I ate a lot of rubbish etc and after every meal I would bloat up really badly and feel absolutely awful. I had heart palpitations when I would attempt to go to sleep and when I would wake I felt so awful I would have to do some exercise just to try and wake me up a bit and un-bloat me. I decided to see a nutritionist to see if they could find anything as all doctors said I was perfectly fine and everything was functioning normally – I had a number of tests (to my expense) and it showed up that I had candida. Since I have cut out all the crap and followed this forum diet, I can actually get up in the morning without having to run or anything like that – so already an improvement there.

I started the diet around 2 months ago, but I thought coconut oil was causing die off so I stopped taking it while I went away on holiday, didn’t see the point of not taking it correctly. I arrived back home on the 28th March and started taking it again, I am now up to 5 spoonfuls a day.

My diet currently consists of eggs and vegetables currently, I’ve not cheated on the diet either. I’m taking all the recommended supplements and minerals (including the correct probiotic) and also have added L-Glutamine for leaky gut.

My question is around die off, every few days I will get this horrid bloating in my stomach and just want to go to bed and sleep – is this die off? I tend to fix the issue by going for a long session in a sauna which normally fixes me. I guess part of me wants to ensure I am having die off in order to fix the issue.

I’m currently trying buckwheat as a test item for the next couple of days (2/3 bites to watch for a reaction) as I need something else other than eggs and vegetables!! Kefir is next to introduce, albeit very slowly.

I guess I’m looking for the motivation to know I am on the right track and to keep going.

sammcl

I wanted to add that I don’t get a lot of the other symptoms people describe either. No white tongue etc.

Although I have truly awful eyes, not bags, just really horrid dark circles.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Bloating doesnt sound like die off to me. More like a food reaction imo. With me that happened with meat, eggs, or yogurt. So heavy food.

Are you taking care of your liver? Dark circles around the eyes could point to liver toxin overload. And if its not that, it is worth investigating whats wrong thats causing it.

You are quite disciplined. Keep it up. Though I would say, if you eat too much of one thing you might develop an aversion to it. That would make the diet harder to keep up, as it can go as far as cause gag reflexes. For instance, i cant eat buckwheat anymore because of that.

sammcl

Chris24 wrote: Bloating doesnt sound like die off to me. More like a food reaction imo. With me that happened with meat, eggs, or yogurt. So heavy food.

Are you taking care of your liver? Dark circles around the eyes could point to liver toxin overload. And if its not that, it is worth investigating whats wrong thats causing it.

You are quite disciplined. Keep it up. Though I would say, if you eat too much of one thing you might develop an aversion to it. That would make the diet harder to keep up, as it can go as far as cause gag reflexes. For instance, i cant eat buckwheat anymore because of that.

Thanks for the input mate. I’m still OK with the foods I’m eating, but the reason you describe is the main reason for reintroducing foods. I need to be able to eat more!!

Last year I didn’t look after my liver, I drank, ate crap food and generally wasn’t very healthy. I’ve personally turned a corner and am a lot healthier. I currently take Milk Thistle for my liver. Would you recommend anything else to help support my liver?

I’m also hoping that over time while looking after myself properly this symptom will go, along with the brainfog.

The gag reflexes are already here for coconut oil, I’m up to 5 spoonfuls in the morning, but as soon as that oil touches my lips it goes! Although I still manage to eat the spoonfuls I am supposed to.

I should also note the other symptom that has pretty much nearly gone was the horrid itching all over my body. That was driving me absolutely crazy…..

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Sam.

Since I have cut out all the crap and followed this forum diet, I can actually get up in the morning without having to run or anything like that – so already an improvement there.

Very good improvements, Sam, congratulations on getting this far.

I started the diet around 2 months ago, but I thought coconut oil was causing die off so I stopped taking it while I went away on holiday, didn’t see the point of not taking it correctly. I arrived back home on the 28th March and started taking it again, I am now up to 5 spoonfuls a day.

You can continue to slowly raise that if you need to.

My question is around die off, every few days I will get this horrid bloating in my stomach and just want to go to bed and sleep – is this die off? I tend to fix the issue by going for a long session in a sauna which normally fixes me. I guess part of me wants to ensure I am having die off in order to fix the issue.

Bloating can certainly be a symptom of die-off; of course it can also be a symptom of a Candida overgrowth. Considering when you have it, it sounds like it’s due to die-off. In your case, I suspect it’s sometimes a combination of both reasons just as it is for a lot of people.

I’m assuming that you have adjusted your molybdenum dosage in order to receive around 750 mcg a day? You can continue to depend on saunas as well as this also removes a lot of the toxins, but of course it can’t protect the liver on a continuous basis which molybdenum can.

I’m currently trying buckwheat as a test item for the next couple of days (2/3 bites to watch for a reaction) as I need something else other than eggs and vegetables!! Kefir is next to introduce, albeit very slowly.

Good plan, Sam.

I guess I’m looking for the motivation to know I am on the right track and to keep going.

It all sounds perfect and the reactions sound normal to me. To help you with the bloating, try to locate a product called “Betaine Hydrochloride” and start taking one ‘during’ your largest meal of the day. If bloating continues, you can add one pill to each meal that you have. Since it’s so common with Candida I wouldn’t be concerned unless the bloating becomes worse.

Able

sammcl

Able – thanks for your reply mate.

I’ll up the molybdenum dosage, it’s less than 750mcg a day so I will get up to that.

I’ll see if I can find the Betaine Hydrochloride as well. Thanks for the tip.

sammcl

And it looks like the buckwheat has been absorbed with no issues. Yay!

Next… Kefir.

I’ve seen posts on here before, but what is the best way to introduce kefir, build up from one tablespoon at a time?

sammcl

Hi everyone – inspired by Raster last night, I wanted to give you all an update on where I am.

Although I’ve been doing this diet officially for a few months, I didn’t have the correct Anti-fungals etc in my diet. I started everything properly on April 3rd, thus the reason I am only calling this month 2/week 5.

I’ve been researching a lot on Candida and feel I have a balance that I will work through for the next few weeks and see how I get on. I wanted to share with you what my current routine is;

Breakfast: 1 glass of homemade kefir, eggs, buckwheat and salad (can include anything such as onions, pepper etc)
    Anti-fungal: 8 tablespoons of coconut oil
    Supplements: 2 x Gentle Iron (40mg), 2 x Vitamin C (2000mg), 1 x CalMagZinc, 1 x Vitamin A (10,000iu), 4 x Vitamin D3(10,000iu), 1 x Biotin (1000mcg), 2 x Molybdenum (300mcg), 2 x Milk Thistle (900mg), 1 x Vitamin E (200iu), 1 x Ashwagandha Extract (470mg), 2 x L-Glutamin (1000mg), 1 x SF722, 2 x OptiBac Daily Well Being Extra Strength (40 billion), 2 x HCL.

Lunch: Eggs, salad, buckwheat and hemp protein
    Supplements: 2 x Vitamin C (2000mg), 1 x CalMagZinc, 2 x Molybdenum (300mcg), 2 x Milk Thistle (900mg), 1 x Vitamin E (200iu), 1 x Ashwagandha Extract (470mg), 2 x L-Glutamin (1000mg), 1 x SF722, 2 x OptiBac Daily Well Being Extra Strength (40 billion), 2 x HCL.

Dinner: eggs, buckwheat and salad (can include anything such as onions, pepper etc)
    Supplements: 1 x Vitamin C (2000mg), 1 x CalMagZinc, Biotin x 1 (1000mcg), 2 x Molybdenum (300mcg), 2 x Milk Thistle (900mg), 1 x Vitamin E (200iu), 1 x Ashwagandha Extract (470mg), 2 x L-Glutamin (1000mg), 1 x SF722, 2 x HCL.

Before bed: 2 x MegaFood probiotics, glass of kefir

During the course of the day I also drink chicory root, nettle leaf tea and chamomile tea.

Symptoms gone: itchiness, waking up in morning horribly bloated (most mornings)
    Symptoms still here: horrid looking gut, brainfog, fatigue (but still a huge improvement), leaky gut, huge bags underneath eyes

sammcl

As you may of seen me mention on here the last couple of days, my stomach is still looking very ugly, but then I didn’t actually realise I had only been doing the diet properly for 5 weeks so I guess I need to keep going.

I’m also going to remove SF722 for a couple of days as I think I may of had a horrible reaction to it. I was pretty much bed-bound for Thursday and Friday and the only new thing I introduced was SF722.

Another interesting point I researched, for any of you who still go to the gym (like me), you should up your L-Glutamine intake. Muscles that need repairing pull the extra L-Glut into them. I’ve actually started supplementing with pure powder L-Glutamine as extra.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

You are eating a lot of eggs. They can be quite heavy. You are not having problems with them?

Also, taking all the supplements together I have noticed can be detrimental. I used to take a lot of them together but it was not so succesful in the stomach. I would check for reactions.

Other than that, bravo for your discipline.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sammcl wrote: As you may of seen me mention on here the last couple of days, my stomach is still looking very ugly, but then I didn’t actually realise I had only been doing the diet properly for 5 weeks so I guess I need to keep going.

I’m also going to remove SF722 for a couple of days as I think I may of had a horrible reaction to it. I was pretty much bed-bound for Thursday and Friday and the only new thing I introduced was SF722.

Another interesting point I researched, for any of you who still go to the gym (like me), you should up your L-Glutamine intake. Muscles that need repairing pull the extra L-Glut into them. I’ve actually started supplementing with pure powder L-Glutamine as extra.

Sam,

the glutamine tabs are a very expensive way of taking it. Glutamine sold here pretty much all comes from the same place, you may as well buy bulk at someone like ironscience or myprotein.

i’ve tested up to 80g per day in the past, but I think 20-40g is the most you really need. Despite what the brands tell you, its not hugely beneficial for building muscle, but is very good for the stomach tissue.

Take it with your postworkout nutrition & l-glycine can help as well (but a word of warning, it can upset the stomach, so go easy on it if you choose to use it)

benc

Also, you might be taking more Zinc than you need

sammcl

Chris24 wrote: You are eating a lot of eggs. They can be quite heavy. You are not having problems with them?

Also, taking all the supplements together I have noticed can be detrimental. I used to take a lot of them together but it was not so succesful in the stomach. I would check for reactions.

Other than that, bravo for your discipline.

Hi Chris, no. Eggs seem to be the only thing that currently agree with me. Whenever I eat chicken I get horribly bloated and fee awful. I haven’t attempted this in a few weeks so I am going to try again soon.

It was the same with fish as well, just a really uncomfortable bloating sensation.

sammcl

benc wrote:

As you may of seen me mention on here the last couple of days, my stomach is still looking very ugly, but then I didn’t actually realise I had only been doing the diet properly for 5 weeks so I guess I need to keep going.

Sam,

the glutamine tabs are a very expensive way of taking it. Glutamine sold here pretty much all comes from the same place, you may as well buy bulk at someone like ironscience or myprotein.

i’ve tested up to 80g per day in the past, but I think 20-40g is the most you really need. Despite what the brands tell you, its not hugely beneficial for building muscle, but is very good for the stomach tissue.

Take it with your postworkout nutrition & l-glycine can help as well (but a word of warning, it can upset the stomach, so go easy on it if you choose to use it)

Hi Ben – yeah that is exactly what I did yesterday. I wanted to up my L-Glut intake so I bought a tub. The main reason I wanted to increase my L-Glut is for my stomach issues. Here’s to hoping it will help!

benc

sammcl wrote:

Sam,

Hi Ben – yeah that is exactly what I did yesterday. I wanted to up my L-Glut intake so I bought a tub. The main reason I wanted to increase my L-Glut is for my stomach issues. Here’s to hoping it will help!

I hope so too mate, i’m taking 10g morning & night atm as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘sammcl's log – month 3’ is closed to new replies.