Same amount of carb in grains, as in lentil, buckwheat, millet.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Same amount of carb in grains, as in lentil, buckwheat, millet.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

I think I need to clear up, if you all will help, why there are as many carbs in grains, as there are in buckwheat. Are there some carbs that don’t feed the Candida, and some carbs/sugars that do?

I was at Whole Foods today and fishing around all the barrels of grains, legumes, different species of rice, millet, amaranth, lentils, buckwheat, etc., etc. and they all have about the same amount of carbs in them. Why are some on the ok list and other not?

I know it has something to do with the gluten, but how exactly does that work?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jeremiah.

I’ve answered such questions as this one several times on the forum, in fact there’s a post dedicated to this very subject.

First of all, carbohydrates are far from the only factor to be considered when you’re planning a Candida diet, in fact, they often take a back seat to several other factors when deciding what does and does not meet the specific criteria for a successful Candida diet.

There are several objectives that are imperative in devising the diet, and without each one of the objectives being present, we may as well ignore the diet altogether while attempting to treat the infestation. In other words, you can’t just toss out a bunch of foods that won’t feed the Candida and think you’ve got a workable diet. What about rebuilding the flora with natural probiotics and rebuilding your immune system with the proper combination of foods? What about feeding the beneficial bacteria natural prebiotics in order to continue their survival? And what about the sometimes-huge problem of weight loss for people on the diet? And shouldn’t we consider the importance of curing the leaky gut syndrome with natural supplements from specific foods as well as preventing further damage? And then you have to take into account the innumerable potential allergens and problematic factors that various foods contain and try to avoid as many of these as possible.

Rebuilding the immune system is a major objective of the diet because this determines the state of our health, and without this we would never defeat the infestation at all; so this is one of several reasons that buckwheat is on the diet. The reason it’s considered a major health-building food for the Candida diet is because of its amazingly high content of health-building nutrients and supplements, but not only the high content, equally amazing is the sheer volume of high-content nutrients it contains such as fiber, plant protein, Alpha-Linolenic acid, B complex as well as other vitamins, the minerals phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and manganese, and healthy flavonoids. And we certainly can’t leave out the most beneficial aspect of all, and that’s the fact that it’s a natural prebiotic of which there are far too few.

By the way, even though its name contains the word ‘wheat,’ buckwheat is anything but a wheat product, yet it can serve as a much healthier substitute for wheat in any situation. “Buckwheat” is actually the name of a seed which comes from the wild rhubarb family.

But even with this information … if you still prefer wheat, as I keep stating, no one is going to become upset with you if you choose to eat foods that are not on the diet. We’ll give you the reasons, but in the end, each food choice is yours, not ours.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are several factors to consider when choosing foods:

1)sugar content
    2)mold content
    3)inflammatory nature of the foods
    4)allergic symptoms or not
    5)dairy content

Carbs have nothing to do with foods on the allowed foods list. Carbs are not something that you need to regulate with the diet.

-raster

Jeremiah

One reads so much on the subject, and one thinks many times they are doing the right thing. I’ve read the posts on the right and wrong foods and just questioned why carbs seemed to be the main reason for not eating grain products.

To do the diet is one thing, as people just have to read what to eat or not to eat, but if your a vegan like me, people on the forum say, well good luck. I’m a vegan, because I don’t believe in hurting animals, when you can easily live a healthier life without killing. Vegans kill life where water is the only innate ingredient, meaning plant life. Our biggest problem is sugar, as once your used to vegan diet, and used to bland food (candida diet followers can relate to that), well when a vegan cookie comes out using egg replacer you go for it and can get carried away. I ate 4 to 5 vegan cookies a day for about a year. Anyhow being a vegan is a good thing, if you think of looking at the eyes of any animal that is going to be killed for it’s meat, and tell me you honestly think they don’t feel fear. That fear isn’t necessary for them to feel if you be healthier without the eating of meat. It’s a personal path, but now that you understand it you can relate to how hard it is to find foods to eat.

Just because I asked the question, doesn’t mean I’m eating my pasta. I was just curious as when I was, as I said in the post, looking through all the grains and millet, and buckwheat and noticed they all had the same carbs and I thought I had read carbs was the issue with grains, but I guess I read wrong. Anyhow thanks for making things clear, Able and Raster, as I’ll just eat a lot of buckwheat groats during the day until these darn symptoms go away.

I’ve got to the point the detox is gone, which was a bummer. Now it’s just some nagging little rashes and pimples I’m getting that’s annoying me right now, but I’ll get through it. This forum has helped me get my memory back, as it was getting terrible when the infestation was at it’s peak. As I said before, when you don’t eat meat, your feeling pretty good all the time so your pretty healthy, except for the infestation. My naturopath checked my blood for heavy metals, ( a 130.00 urine test) and a yeast test, which was done with stool, cost 30.00, and it was of course high, but the symptoms are telling me I’m doing better every day. The pasta was a hard food item for me to quit, as seemed hard to replace with anything that had a heavy substance to it as I don’t want to loose any more weight, because being a vegan your fairly lean anyhow unless you have a sugar problem. 99% of all vegans don’t drink or smoke so their lifestyles are generally pretty good, and their health therefore good also except for the infestation.

Another thing I found out about buckwheat, is it comes roasted also and more expensive because of the roasting, but don’t know if anybody thinks the taste is worth it.

raster
    Participant

It is best to get raw buckwheat and not roasted buckwheat…

-raster

Jeremiah

Thanks again you guys for all the help – It takes a lot of effort on your part to keep answering these posts, and we appreciate it, and we don’t want y’all think you go on unnoticed.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jeremiah wrote: Thanks again you guys for all the help – It takes a lot of effort on your part to keep answering these posts, and we appreciate it, and we don’t want y’all think you go on unnoticed.

Thanks, Jeremiah. But if you could spare me a few bucks until payday, that would really be showing appreciation. (Joking)

Sincerely though, thanks for the words of appreciation.
    Able

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey guys is buckwheat allowed right from the beginning (stage 1) of the diet?

raster
    Participant

Yes it is positivo. Be sure to be aware of any food reactions.

-raster

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

raster wrote: Yes it is positivo. Be sure to be aware of any food reactions.

-raster

Thanks raster,
    That’s pretty cool. The diet isn’t that bad after all although I’ll wait alil bit to introduce buckwheat into my diet. I’m doing fine with just veggies and chicken/turkey. What about quinoa or any other rice substitutes?

raster
    Participant

Quinoa is an iffy one. I was allergic to it after eating it 4 days straight (earlier stage in diet), but I recently had it again and was not allergic to it (9 months into diet).

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Same amount of carb in grains, as in lentil, buckwheat, millet.’ is closed to new replies.