safe olive oils

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions safe olive oils

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mariegirl 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

My son has an extreme case of candida. So far he has reacted to all the olive oils he tried except one. And it’s starting to get very difficult to find. The one that he can easily handle is Saint Spiridon. We live in Canada and would appreciate any help that we can get. He’s eating lots of coconut oil, but also needs to be able to have olive oil. His diet is very limited so this is rather important.

Thanks for any imput

mariegirl

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’m afraid I don’t understand why your son has to have olive oil in addition to coconut oil if he has problems with olive oil. What are the other oils you’ve tried for him?

I assume that you’ve contacted the makers of the brand of oil he can use. If not, their email address is [email protected].

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Have you tried getting him to eat olives to see if he reacts to those? Plain olive oil should be the same in terms of what potential allergens it contains. Are you using (extra) virgin olive oil? Any kind that doesn’t say that on the label is processed.

Other healthy options are hemp and flax oils. They contain a high amount of essential fatty acids. EFAs are sensitive to light and heat though, so you need to get them as fresh as possible and keep them refrigerated. Fish oil is another good source of healthy fats. Again, it needs to be fresh to benefit health. Oily fish like salmon, sardine or mackerel are a good way to get it fresh if your son can tolerate them.

mariegirl

I must clarify. My son is 30 yrs. old. I’m just trying to see if anyone had an option for him. He needs olive oil because all he’s eating are salads, eggs, and coconut bread. He needs the olive oil for dressing for his salads. Coconut oil just doesn’t cut it when you have to take it to work and the oil solidifies. He’s tried tahini so that he could use it to make dressing, but it affected him. He goes through about a cup of oil a day. He has huge salads. You can’t eat a cup of these other oils. And he’s allergic to fish. sigh

Just because an olive oil says extra virgin, it doesn’t mean it’s extra virgin. He has done the research and found out many interesting things companies get away with.

mariegirl

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Try Avocado Oil more health benefits and tastes better.
    Pumpkin Oil, great benefits with zinc and lots of linked to great prostate health to.

I use Avocado oil it tastes great high smoke point above 500 degrees so great for cooking, and smells better than EVOO and has even more health benefits.

mariegirl

He’s been have trouble introducing things, I don’t think he’ll do the avocado. Besides, I think it’s even more expensive than olive. And trying something like seeds will be out, because he does have an allergy to some nuts and seeds and I think he would shy away from that.
    Thanks for the advice.

mariegirl

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

mariegirl wrote: Just because an olive oil says extra virgin, it doesn’t mean it’s extra virgin. He has done the research and found out many interesting things companies get away with.

As far as I’ve read, the “virgin” label is supposed to certify that no heat was used during pressing. “Cold pressed”, on the other hand, is a frequently abused term that can be used if the pressing phase is done without heat, even if it goes on to be heated during the others phases that manufacturers use to destroy oils before selling them to you. Are you sure this isn’t what you mean? What have you read about bogus virgin oils?

mariegirl

Hi Javizy. If you google “testing brands of olive oil” you will see articles on the topic. We read some sites where companies will mix different cheaper oils in and green food coloring. I wouldn’t have believed it, if it weren’t for my son. He reacted right away. Anyway, that’s been our experience.

mariegirl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘safe olive oils’ is closed to new replies.