Rutabaga, how much how soon?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rutabaga, how much how soon?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I roasted some rutabaga tonight and only had 2-3 bites out of FEAR of die-off,lol.

I heard so many stories that I want to make sure I take it slow, just incase there is a delayed reaction.
    I ate 2-3 bites, and its been an hour, but im not going to take another until I know how many hours have to pass before you know you can handle it.

I read somewhere one person didnt feel a thing for 12 hours, then it was bad.
    This is why I will wait till tomorrow to have more.

How many hours before reactions to it start, and how much do you start with?

I like it! reminds me of turnips!

Vegan Catlady

Meh….so far,nothing. Been about 15 hours. I think im good to try more.

Vegan Catlady

Took 6-7 bites this morning on an empty stomach.

Waiting for it to get scary.

I tried reading as much as I could using the search engine, but the search engine here gets to about page 3 and then doesnt work anymore. You have to keep fiddling with it to get to page 4, then if you hit page 5 it goes back to page 1 again. Irritating as hell.

So far, the worst stories I have heard are from people who have eaten atleast half a rutabaga at a time.
    Its so freaking tempting. Its tastes really good, and im sure die-off doesnt happen for an hour or two (if not later) so you have this false sense of security that you can handle more.

I am responsible for children and elderly, so I cant screw aroound with debility.

Hoping I didnt over do it :/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It likely varies person to person in the extent of die-off you’d get from it and there is no guidelines about its use…

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54117 wrote: It likely varies person to person in the extent of die-off you’d get from it and there is no guidelines about its use…

-raster

I wish disease was more straight-forward.
    You do X, you get Y….you know?

Its been 3+ hours, and I really want to try to eat more because I can feel my throat get a little sore when I eat it…making me think its working.

I dont want 3 more hours to go by and suddenly get spanked with die off!

I appreciate the honesty as usual,raster

<3

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

The first time I ate it I got some die off, I didn’t eat it again for a couple months. The next time i ate it I overdid it and ate an entire rutabaga and was so afraid the entire next day, but nothing happened 😀

Vegan Catlady

Tdog333;54121 wrote: The first time I ate it I got some die off, I didn’t eat it again for a couple months. The next time i ate it I overdid it and ate an entire rutabaga and was so afraid the entire next day, but nothing happened 😀

That gives me lots of hope,Tdog333.

I kept snacking on it throughout the day, one bite here, another bite or two an hour later, and eventually I got die off. Not much, but enough to get a headache.

I will try it again next month.

What I got from your experience was that even if I get die-off right now, I might slowly start to clean enough to not feel it in a few months.

This is important because sometimes it feels like it will never go away.

Getting better is like watching grass grow. lol

thank you <3

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

lol, out of the whole time I have been on this form; I have not tried it myself for fear of die-off, and the high fiber content. I have ate turnips, and I like those.

Vegan Catlady

kjones02;54135 wrote: lol, out of the whole time I have been on this form; I have not tried it myself for fear of die-off, and the high fiber content. I have ate turnips, and I like those.

yeah me too, I dont think the fiber is an issue though?

I love turnips, had no problem with those.

When you try rutabaga, its so tasty that your all like ” this cant be a problem, I feel great”
    but then it catches up to you. I am so glad I took it bite by bite, the die off I got wasnt bad at all but it was definitly die off, as it mimicked that bad die off day I had to a much lesser degree.

Id still encourage it in doses though.

I will use it as my gauge.

When I can eat with no problem I will know its a good time to load up on probiotics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rutabaga, how much how soon?’ is closed to new replies.