Running

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Meow123
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hey so I looked at this diet, and I’m all in for it except one thing: I’m a runner. I run long distance which means I HAVE to eat in between miles. Runners often eat gu gels or clif blocs which are filled with sugar and carbs. I don’t want to quit something I love so much. In fact I have a marathon coming up. But this diet makes it sound like I basically have to stop running. What can I do? It seems all the foods are low in carb and high in protein and fiber. I’m just really sad and feel like there is no hope for me. I’m tired of doctors telling me that there is nothing wrong with me. I’m really young and want to get married and have kids, but who would want to marry me with this horrible disease? Running is the only thing that makes me happy these days. I went to see the doctor the other day again and she of course said it was a yeast infection and gave me diflucan. I feel relief now, but I know it’s just going to come back. Please help me 🙁

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Hey I was a runner but not Marathon.
    I mainly just enjoyed it and it relived my stress. I got pregnant and after having the baby is when my symptoms began. I have horrible bladder & vaginal pain daily among many other symptoms

I had to stop running and can’t wait to get better and start again! I’m in the very beginning of treatment. I think for I if ur only symptoms are recurring infection than try doing the diet adding in sum brown rice pasta, sweet potato. And brown rice but avoid fruits and sugar and that means no bars. Cut back on running especially if u notice die off. If doing this u feel better than great! If not u may have to give up running and do the strict diet a while

I am struggling with the diet its very hard each day I get a lil closer to eating better and following it to the t
    It’s very hard and I understanding ur frustration

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’m guessing it depends on your symptoms. My naturalpath told me today to have one cheat meal a week and not to feel guilty. I’ve been on the diet a month and antifungals for a months. Overall I feel better but it’s mainly in my gut. She told mention eat 80% strict 20% other food. Like brown rice gluten free pasta once a week and eat baked potatoes. It’s not for everyone. Anyway I’m a mixed martial art fighter so I’m gonna fight this candida and bacteria overgrowth. I got both. Just eat some good carbs and no bad sugar. It’s an illness but cure able and it won’t stop me from fighting. Run your heart out but just may e monitor yourself better. Hope this helps

Meow123
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hey thank you so much for the help! I was feeling very depressed last night. I am wondering how strict I have to be with this diet? I’ve read a lot of forum posts last night, and it seemed everyone had a lot more symptoms than me? All I have are reoccurring yeast infections. I have had stomach aches in the past, but when I eat healthy it completely disappears. I’m wondering if I eat a clean diet with minimal sugar it could help? This means no fruit 🙁

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you do start the strict diet, its best to take a break from things while your body heals, and then after a few months, you will feel good enough to resume those activities (typically).

-raster

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Fruit for awhile is a no no. Green apples and berries are the best bet but if you have symptoms is stay away. My naturalpath said eat some carbs and a few natural sugars but not everyday. Some people have horrible candida which I have read have many reactions. Mine is in my gut and killing my immune system. But I’m on the right track and if strong willed so can anybody

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Running’ is closed to new replies.