Rough day :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rough day :(

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I got laid off today 🙁 The company is about to go under and they had to cut a bunch of people.

I am freaking out about money and how I’m going to be able to afford all this organic food and supplements. I applied for unemployment and already applied to several jobs, plus I got a temp job secured for tomorrow, but until I get something steady coming in that is at least what I was making or more (since I was barely hanging on in the first place), I just don’t know how I’m going to be able to make this work 🙁

I really hope I find a new job that is as well-suited to me as my old one. I worked a mellow job, part time, in a mellow office, that paid decent and was an industry I’ve worked in for awhile, with a bunch of really great people. They let me bring my fermentation into the office because it was warmer than my house, didn’t bring tempting treats in all the time like a lot of offices do, and were understanding when I was having a bad candida day. I’m so depressed 🙁

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Bad things happen at the moment so good things can come. Unemployment will help, just get the bare essentials for right now. Easier said then done but it will be ok

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Alex, I’m SO SORRY. I can’t imagine what that must feel like on top of everything else your going through. It’s important that you keep your stress level down through all of this. Maybe adopt some positive montras to remind you that right now you are ok, and not to focus too much on the future, just do what you can in the moment because the future is not in your control.

I also want to say that I appreciate your “Embrace The Vegetable” attitude and it has inspired me to feed myself better.

The Oregon Trail card can be a blessing, and you should go apply right away if you intend to use it.

alexalgebra

I’ve already got an Oregon Trail card, and I turned in the paperwork today to hopefully get full benefits ASAP, but even a full month lasts maybe two weeks for me, probably less :p Back before I couldn’t eat anything, it was fine, I never ran out. Sigh.

I can make money without a job, I did it for a year before my previous, but just not the amount I need to deal with candida, and it’s so freakin’ stressful, you know? Every month I’d be wondering if I was going to make rent, and some months I got the money on the 30th to pay on the 1st. I’m just dreading going back to that and praying something perfect will come through :p

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hang in there Alex! I know it’s tough. I struggle financially even with a job. Try to figure out what’s cheaper, to eat more vegetables and right things to get all the nutrients, or purchase supplements. For example I make bone broth and lots of greens so I don’t have to purchase mineral supplements. This is cheaper for me here.

If I remember correctly, you are feeling better now so you can ease up on antifungals, concentrate more on probiotics and kefir and here I would give priority to kefir, but this is just my own thinking, no science behind it, I just believe it is more beneficial paired up with prebiotic foods.

Line up everything you must get monthly and prioritize and stretch your money as far as you can, this is what I do every month. This should get you through until you get another job.

I know it’s very tough, but try to remain positive, this will help keep you sane until the next job pops up. And every new job is a stress at the beginning until you get to know everyone, figure out what’s where and what you can or cannot do, but I am sure you will find another great job and get comfortable with it in no time!

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

Hey Alex,

Sorry to hear about this, my contract is up next Friday too, so I’ll be searching for a new one. I don’t know what you do, but have you considered contracting / temporary work as a stop gap.

As the others said, would be a good idea to prioritise your spending, perhaps you can get by without some things, focusing on the essentials?

Either way, wish you luck and hope you get sorted out soon !
    Alex

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

so sorry thats alot to deal with all at once ,i hope u find another job soon .i guess dont eat organic anymore for awhile ,ease up on antifungals if your feeling better and just make sure u have your probiotics and kefir every day ,i have not been eating organic i just wash my veggies good .

u will get thru this one day at a time

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Alexalgebra,

I’m so sorry to hear about your job loss. What I would say is identify what your priorities are in order to help you get better. Buying organic is not hugely necessary in my opinion and for someone in your position It should would be low on your priority list. What I recommend you should do is keep to cheap antifungals such as iodine, garlic, coconut oil and raw food antifungals such as onions, cabbage, garlic, brussel sprouts etc etc. For probiotics try and buy some kefir. I would keep your supplement list fairly simple: Vitamin C, Molybdenum, Milk Thistle, Swedish Bitters and perhaps a Digestive enzyme.

All of that shouldn’t break the bank and in my opinion would be a much more cost effective way of getting better.

JD

p.s. Heres a blog to cheer you up – http://1000awesomethings.com/

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I am so sorry to hear this Alex. I hope things will be okay. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you… Have you thought about applying for a job at a Co-op? You might be able to get your stuff cheaper that way. I hope something good is right around the corner!

alexalgebra

Thanks so much everyone.

Yeah, I already have put out feelers for temp and contract work and applied at a vitamin store and a natural food store 🙂

Alex in london, I hope something comes your way quickly too! If you do anything that can be contracted online, let me know and I’ll spread the word.

There is a free produce porch by my house that is sometimes organic so I will definitely be utilizing that too. Thank you food not bombs!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Alex, you definitely need to go for the vitamin shop or health food grocery store angle… There is no way I could afford my food if I didn’t work at the Co-op. You might even be able to work it so you could have shifts that would work around another job eventually. Good luck sweetie!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Being out of work is what partially caused me to be here in the first place, I was out of work for 2 years. Portland is a tough place to work as a young person so all I will say is good luck and keep on truckin’.

-raster

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Alex, Sorry to hear about your job loss.

You should focus on the essentials for now. I do agree you should be ok on the diet without organic for now. Or maybe just Organic eggs.

A couple of recommendations for you. If you have a Sam’s club membership or even know a friend with one, they have some phenomenal deals on some food items. They sell 2 lbs of Garlic for 3.99,5 avacodos for 3.99 and a bunch of other great deals. The garlic alone is worth the trip there. Most other grocery stores sell 2 garlic’s for 1.50. The 2 lb pack they sell has 22 garlics in it.

I found lemons at walmart 2 lbs for 1.50. You can freeze lemons. Cut them in half and freeze them if you can find a good deal. Buy some frozen vegetables too. I just read an article written by Dr Oz discussing how frozen vegetables can offer great benefit as well.

Shop around I go to 4 different stores to buy all of my groceries. I have cut my diet expenses about in half since, when I started this diet. No 1 store has all of the best deals. Since you will have more time now you can stretch the money further.

Also, if you aren’t doing so already keep a journal. I write in mine every time something significant happens. It will keep you motivated to stay on the diet.

alexalgebra

Thanks raster and Kodaz.

Kodaz – I started couponing to get the best deals (if you ever wanna swap deals or anything, let me know, I LOVE IT!!!). I don’t know anyone with Sam’s Club, but I think my parents have Costco. I didn’t know that about lemons! Good to know! We are still working to get rid of the mold in our apartment, so sometimes lemons spontaneously combust into mold on the counter…it’s so gross :p

I also keep an online journal at sometimesalexeats.tumblr.com, mostly for myself, but also for others to see the ups and downs of candida and not feel so alone.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

alexalgebra;34676 wrote: Thanks raster and Kodaz.

Kodaz – I started couponing to get the best deals (if you ever wanna swap deals or anything, let me know, I LOVE IT!!!). I don’t know anyone with Sam’s Club, but I think my parents have Costco. I didn’t know that about lemons! Good to know! We are still working to get rid of the mold in our apartment, so sometimes lemons spontaneously combust into mold on the counter…it’s so gross :p

I also keep an online journal at sometimesalexeats.tumblr.com, mostly for myself, but also for others to see the ups and downs of candida and not feel so alone.

Sure no problem. Costco should have similar types of deals. Some are just to good to pass up. I only keep one or two lemons out and the rest in the freezer. They go bad quickly just like you indicated. The lemons are super good for your liver. I find they give me great focus.

Good to see you’re keeping the log book.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rough day :(’ is closed to new replies.