Report if you are cured, please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Report if you are cured, please

This topic contains 81 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Snowkelp 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #100504

    moochpb
    Member
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

    I will be cured over time just gotta rule out everything and stay on my diet for the most part. I live my life once and being on a strict horrible diet for a long time is something I won’t do. I love food and for me and my opinion it’s not a great way of life. When I’m cured I can eat what I want, if it wasn’t for all the damn antibiotics I wouldn’t be in this situation. That doesn’t mean I’ll eat crap all the time but I’m not gonna hide and be miserable passing up a piece of cake when I’m better. When I’m cured I won’t have to worry about food giving me yeast overgrowth again

    #100507

    MZHenry
    Member
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

    turkishdelight;38984 wrote: There are lots of forums posting about candida and they all contradict each other. When you have BRAIN FOG it is very hard to think straight and remember stuff anyway but very very difficult to study and read up all of this conflicting stuff and digest it properly. I am not an idiot who reads something and instantly believes it. I know that a lot of the people might mean well but get it wrong. I would have a cupboard full of supplements and have had to sell my home to pay for them if I did! My naturopath tells me that you are only cured when you can return to eating anything you want. He also tells me you can eat carrots, mushrooms, whole wheat etc and yeast, it is the sugar you must avoid. And the yeast cannot multiply or thrive without it. Some of the people posting seem to think you can spend all day making various recipes as if it is a full time job to eat. Many are too busy working to do that. Many of them assume that because they cannot eat gluten or some other thing they are allergic to we are all the same. Some seem to take on “having candida” as their lifestyle choice preferring to talk about it and think about it all of the time rather than actually getting better and having a normal life. I work as a therapist and you get the same thing with people who have anxiety or depression. Instead of making an effort to get better they prefer to spend hours in chat rooms and forums talking about how awful they feel. They get addicted to attracting and getting attention. Which is a total waste of time and feeding their need.

    As for all this talk about how you must never return to your old diet because you will get it again. That virtuall makes life unbearable. And it makes no sense. In my case my candida was caused by being on the pill and being told to take a lot of steroids and anti biotics over and over again. I refuse to take them now. So as I will not be not taking them the situation will not be the same.

    We need hope but we need realistic hope. If you told most people that they would have to stay on the candida diet for the rest of their life to manage their symptoms then most of them would not bother or they would regularly cheat, because without those tasty tit bits that they enjoy eating sometimes their life is virtually unbearable, especially if they are foodies or they live with others and prepare meals for them at the same time. Nobody is going to sit there munching on a celery stick every day while every one else eats something far more tasty for the rest of their life. It is also far too expensive to be on this diet that long. Buying organic and special stuff costs a lot.

    Thank you for posting this. I also feel like I am in my present situation because I was on bc pills and took steriods and antibiotics (twice). However, I wasn’t on the pills for long so I find it strange to think that I would have to give up all these foods for years when I see my mom and dad and some friends who have taken antibiotics and bc pills eat whatever they want and not have any health issues. It baffles me! I do believe that what I took damaged me in some way however before I recently took some prednisone a couple weeks ago my symptoms were getting better by me just avoiding foods that I am allergic too. However, as soon as I started the cleanse even though I started it wrong based on the instructions on this site, I felt worst and my allergy bumps multiplied even though I ate nothing I was allergic to. I have now quit the cleanse until I can see a natural doctor or any doctor who can perform some test for me. I want to be sure of exactly what I am treating and do it right.

    #100508

    alexalgebra
    Member
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

    …but the people who are cured on here DO eat fruits on a regular basis…

    Also, if you all stop feeling entitled to eat like shit and expecting your body to be happy about it, then maybe you’d realize that a BALANCED, HEALTHY diet (which should be heavy on veggies, low on everything else, including meat, grains, fruit, and dairy…that’s not a healthy balance) is sustainable long-term and should be what your friends and family are eating if they want good health as well.

    I am only a few months into this, but my improvements are immense. I AM healing. The diet and protocol ARE working. I have gained patience and respect for my body and its healing process. I look at what my boyfriend eats (spaghetti and tofu every day, sugary cereal, sweetened soy milk, no veggies), what my mom eats (spaghetti, pizza, crackers, a ton of fruit, very few veggies except a daily salad), and what my friends eat (lots of fake meat, lots of fake or real cheese, lots of grains, few veggies, cake, ice cream, chips)…it might be average, but it’s not natural…it’s a product of our grab and go society. Some people, like my mom, are healthier than others, like my boyfriend, but nevertheless, there still is an imbalance. Then, I look at them and see how they suffer at the hands of these diets and lifestyles…they may or may not have candida (I have a sneaking suspicion my mom has it), but they are spacey, sluggish, have weight troubles, have sleep problems, have anxiety and depression, and so forth…all problems that could be lessened or potentially eliminated through a properly balanced diet. Why would I want to do go back to that? Why is that considered “normal”?!

    Also – on wheat – yes, people have been eating wheat for a hundreds of years, but you need to keep in mind that there used to be literally hundreds of varietals and now there is one monoculture…this plus GMO is why so many people are becoming sensitive to wheat. It’s not anything close to the original food we used to eat, it’s just another nasty frankenfood.

    One more thing, please stop calling the diet miserable. It’s not miserable, and once you accept that, you can move on with your life. You’ll notice the folks who are cured have accepted the notion of a healthy and balanced diet for life (like EVERYONE SHOULD DO) and they are far happier than those of you bitching about not getting to indulge in daily gluttony.

    Think about it like this – someone who is very overweight with diabetes etc, then changes their life for the better through diet and exercise and loses the weight…they are not going to go back to eating shit all the time. Why would they? And if they do, they’ll get the same results – diabetes, obesity, heart disease, cancer…it’s the same with candida. We all got candida through different venues, but I know diet plays a part in nearly everyone’s story, whether it was the bullet or the gun.

    My hope is that I will be able to eat sensibly the majority of the time with an occasional night out or binge on a treat. I also hope to be able to reincorporate a few convenience foods just because my lifestyle is one that involves a lot of travel/touring with minimal food resources. That sensible eating will include small servings of fruit on a regular basis, as well as not being terrified of eating a bagel now and then, organic tempeh once a week, hummus, things like that. The part of me that wishes to go back to eating popcorn and chips for dinner is the food addict part of me that likes to sabotage everything that I work for in life. I know that if I go back to eating shit, I will feel like shit, and my life will collapse again. I never want to go there again because next time, I might not make it out alive.

    People need to understand that the strict diet is not for life…it’s for 6-18 months…a small fraction of your life that trains you to be sensible for life. We are all adults, we need to be accountable and responsible to ourselves and our health and not act like children that live on impulse without a care for consequences.

    #100510

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    nikki;38981 wrote: they are being tricked in to thinking…

    they are being programmed into thinking…

    compromising their lives…

    I think we should round up these hooligans and chop their fingers off so they can no longer continue with these ungodly acts.

    #100512

    moochpb
    Member
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

    To know I can eat pasta, sauce, meatballs with no major bloating or reflux I’ll be happy. To know I can eat ice cream with nothing to worry about I’ll be happy. The good thing about candida is I feel like I’ll live a longer life because even when I’m cured I’m not gonna eat frozen processed crap. I know what stuff will kill my body and just not in the candida sense. The diet is difficult but I do like coconut bread and buckwheat biscuits. I eat some everyday, it’s better then grains and starch.

    #100514

    alexalgebra
    Member
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

    moochpb;39015 wrote: To know I can eat pasta, sauce, meatballs with no major bloating or reflux I’ll be happy. To know I can eat ice cream with nothing to worry about I’ll be happy. The good thing about candida is I feel like I’ll live a longer life because even when I’m cured I’m not gonna eat frozen processed crap. I know what stuff will kill my body and just not in the candida sense. The diet is difficult but I do like coconut bread and buckwheat biscuits. I eat some everyday, it’s better then grains and starch.

    You just said you’re not going to eat processed crap after listing off the processed crap you’re going to eat (pasta, sauce, meatballs, ice cream).

    Just saying…

    #100517

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    That sensible eating will include small servings of fruit on a regular basis, as well as not being terrified of eating a bagel now and then, organic tempeh once a week, hummus, things like that.

    I wish and hope god help you to achieve it. One time you be able to do it without antifungals, you can say you are cured. The problem is a few candida sufferers get that point without a rebound soon or later.

    Jorge.

    #100521

    moochpb
    Member
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

    I meant packaged meals for dinner. Pasta has been around forever, my family and I have been eating it for all my years. Ice cream is a snack not an every day thing like I used to. Some people like food alot more then other. To speak for someone or look down on food choices is wrong. Some people live off fruit amd veggies. some people juice, some people are vegetarians. Ii dont care who eats what. Italian people love food. I do what I have to do to feel better right now. When I’m cured I’m gonna eat healthier but eat my pastas, my sauces, or whatever. That’s what being cured means. Food didnt give me candida, antibiotics and steroids did. Just gotta listen to your body and know for sure your cured

    #100525

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    moochpb;39024 wrote: Pasta has been around forever, my family and I have been eating it for all my years.

    Hey, Mooch. I feel ya on the pasta, man. I have an uncle who is Italian and makes the greatest damn spaghetti this side of Italy itself. Now that I’m cured, there is no way I can visit him without eating a big plate of his spaghetti with meat balls, Italian sausage and a sauce that’s out of this world. I’ll admit that my favorite part of any spaghetti dish is the sauce, so I use a smaller portion of noodles and pile on the sauce. This is one of the many, many foods that I allow myself to indulge in at least twice a month, and it’s always resulted in zero reactions.
    I think the reason I can do this is because I didn’t jump right back to a regular diet after all my symptoms, both die-off and Candida, disappeared. I very slowly began to introduce new but healthy foods to my diet, and this part went on for a very long time.

    Ice cream is a snack not an every day thing like I used to.

    I’m not afraid to admit that I still haven’t eaten ice cream, but this is not solely because of the Candida I once had, but it seems I’ve literally lost my taste for sugary sweet foods, and for me, ice cream has an extremely sweet taste. The times that I’ve just tasted sweet foods such as cake icing and candies I’ve found them to have a rather sickening flavor to be honest. I figure I want to be healthy, so why would I want to add these foods if I don’t even enjoy them any longer. You may be surprised s well as far as how your tastes have changed once you’re finished with the diet.

    To speak for someone or look down on food choices is wrong.

    Mooch, I know it’s hard not to take comments personally on the forum, it’s been hard for me as well. When people put down the diet or protocol, it’s very difficult not to take it as a personal assault, but I know they have a right to their opinions just as I do, and they’re not actually attacking me. I’m also sure that alexalgebra didn’t intend for the statement to carry that message.

    Able

    #100526

    moochpb
    Member
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

    I hear you just frustrating especially since I love food!! That’s awesome you get to enjoy pasta at times, I’m jeolous lol. Gives me hope. I’m sure I still crave sweets cause I still have a ton of yeast trying to get me to eat it. I’d be happy if I didn’t want icecream once I’m cured!!

    #100527

    AnnieLuc
    Member
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 16

    @alexalgebra, that was awesome! Spot on!
    Thank you 🙂

    #100528

    nikki
    Member
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

    Ok, Let me conclude my posts.

    1. As I stated earlier, this thread is seeing all confusing reports, no solid cured case.

    2. I am asking to eat the same food as your family, if you claim to be completely cured.

    I am not pointing to any particular food, the foods I mentioned are just as an example. I stated this clearly in my previous posts, even after that I don’t understant why people start pointing to defects in one particular type of food,
    If any food is problematic, my understanding is that it shud cause the problem to all your family members, not just you.

    3. I am asking people to look into other conditions you might have, which have originally initiated the problem.

    Don’t be of an assumption that this diet/protocols will completely cure you after few months/years.

    4. I dont see a reason to discuss further on this thread, as I have made my points,

    People who have the capability to understand my points, should have already understood them. And others who didn’t understand yet, I dont think they will ever understand.

    And for those calling me names, you are most welcome to add few more….That doesn’t make sense to me.

    I have made all my points clear, I wont respond to any further posts, getting bored!

    #100533

    alexalgebra
    Member
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

    moochpb;39024 wrote: I meant packaged meals for dinner. Pasta has been around forever, my family and I have been eating it for all my years. Ice cream is a snack not an every day thing like I used to. Some people like food alot more then other. To speak for someone or look down on food choices is wrong. Some people live off fruit amd veggies. some people juice, some people are vegetarians. Ii dont care who eats what. Italian people love food. I do what I have to do to feel better right now. When I’m cured I’m gonna eat healthier but eat my pastas, my sauces, or whatever. That’s what being cured means. Food didnt give me candida, antibiotics and steroids did. Just gotta listen to your body and know for sure your cured

    Nah, I’m not looking down on you. I mean it’s not like I don’t love food. I literally have a permanent tattoo of a potato on my leg and I have a creepy obsession with Japanese cartoon food and make my own jewelry featuring cupcakes, fruit, etc. with cartoon faces. I totally get it. However, I also acknowledge that my food obsession is part of what got me here and the only way to stay out is to stay away from the garbage for life (obviously, as Able says, with exceptions…just that junk should not be the rule, no sugar desserts every night and so on).

    I feel like at this point, the idea of a lot of the food I miss is really more tantalizing than the foods themselves. For example, when I ate a Dorito after not eating them for a couple of years, in my head, the idea of the Dorito was going to be SO FREAKING GOOD!! because I used to love them, but in reality, it tasted like a stale, salt and chemical covered piece of shit. Same with pop…when I drank some Coke after not having Coke for a few years, I almost gagged…just tasted like sicky sweet chemical juice. This is coming from someone that used to go through up to three bags of Doritos a week if they were on sale :p

    Pasta is processed, however…see my note above about the state of wheat these days…not the wheat of the days of yore :p “Enriched wheat” is not real food.

    I mean the whole idea of this is to get to a place where, like I said a million times over, you can indulge in moderation, but generally live a clean, healthy life. It sucks to think about if you fixate on I can’t have this and that but I think once you clear the candida from your brain and focus on all the good in your life, you will a. be a big step closer to curing yourself and b. be a much happier person. It has taken me awhile to get to this point, but I am actually feeling happy from day to day now, something I haven’t felt in about 18 months, and it’s physically due to sticking to the diet/protocol and mentally (which assists physically) due to this massive change in my mindset around all of this. I also do a visualization where I picture the candida as little cartoon villains, getting mad and leaving me because I discovered all the ways it has benefited my life, since it seems so determined to do nothing but make me sick and miserable and thrives on that stress and depression.

    #100535

    moochpb
    Member
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

    Instead of pasta I should of said brown rice pasta. That’s better right? I think I am just fantasizing. Just real frustrated with this crap. Anger and frustration I guess comes with my yeast. Just annoyed by all of this. I used to be invincible. Damn how that changed

    #100537

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    Nah, I also acknowledge that my food obsession is part of what got me here and the only way to stay out is to stay away from the garbage for life (obviously, as Able says, with exceptions…just that junk should not be the rule, no sugar desserts every night and so on).

    I would like to know from where your ignorant statement that junk food causes candida is coming from ??

    Junk Food, neither the healthiest food in this world, is the cause of CRC. It isn’t the junk food you were eating what caused your infection. Learn the lesson!. This syndrome has different origins totally unrelated to the food you eat. Junk food increases the infection one time it is latent. This syndrome is Iatrogenic caused by the disruption of the antagonistic friendly flora or immunologic suppression totally unrelated to the diet.

    This syndrome isn’t cured with any dietary change. It isn’t as easy as it. It is a complex syndrome where the immune system, intestinal flora, and the fungus are very implicated.

    If my words aren’t enough, you will have time to learn it as I had it during the last 4 years.

    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Report if you are cured, please’ is closed to new replies.