Red or White Onion

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Red or White Onion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jamesb 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

It is my understanding that onion is a good anti fungal food but I was wondering whether anyone has any knowledge as to whether red or white onion is the more powerful or indeed is it how the onion is prepared?

I had white onion fried yesterday and do not recall a reaction, today I had red onion, raw and within 45 minutes my stomach was burning, this lasted for about 5 hours before it mellowed.

I will wait a few days and may try a little raw white onion.

Anyone else had any experience with onions.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Sorry this is late…but I have experienced something like that as well. Normally I eat green onion. I guess I like the flavor a little better. I had some white onion a few weeks back and noticed a slight burning feeling in my stomach. When it happened, I just thought it was because onion is an antifungal. I didn’t notice any other reactions other than the burning.

Curious if you figured anything else out on is since your post?

Thanks!

Kirsty

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Not sure about the anti-fungal aspect, but red and yellow onions contain much more quercetin, a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-viral, than white onions.

I found I had some stomach issues after eating raw red onion as part of a salad, but not every time. Onions have a lot of health benefits, so I’d like to eat more of them. I tend to be fine with cooked yellow onions. Does anyone know why they commonly cause stomach problems? My stomach is in crappy shape, so it’s no surprise for me to have problems after eating anything.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Since the last post I have eaten both fried and raw white onion and do not remember getting a reaction So for some considerable time it,s no red onion for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Red or White Onion’ is closed to new replies.