Red cabbage causing die off

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Red cabbage causing die off

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sky000 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

oneflyride
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

I’m into my later stages of th diet and cooked red cabbage seems to give me pretty strong reactions, more so than any natural antifingal. Anyone know why tht may be ? I had heart palpitations, anxiety , shivering, chills just like in the old days, also some stomach distress. Could it be anything else other than die off? Anyone else experience this?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

If you’re not getting symptoms like that from any other antifungals, then its highly likely that its a hypersensitivity reaction.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Cabbage is antifungal7antimicrobal. Especially raw cabbage that has been outside the frigde for a while – it will automatically grow lacto acid bacteria on the surfaces.

I’m still not sure about eating a lot of it, since it tend to harm the normal flora a bit, same with brussels sprouts. Note: Still unsure how much cabbage etc. harm microflora, some say it does, some not.

sky000
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

oneflyride;51737 wrote: I’m into my later stages of th diet and cooked red cabbage seems to give me pretty strong reactions, more so than any natural antifingal. Anyone know why tht may be ? I had heart palpitations, anxiety , shivering, chills just like in the old days, also some stomach distress. Could it be anything else other than die off? Anyone else experience this?

please forgive me for my ignorance i am just beginning at all this, would you please tell me what die off is and how it effects us.. i am taking fluconazole 50mg twice a day for 14 days and i am into my third box and i feel terrible, any clue to what is happening i would appreciate–is this die off?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Die-off includes flu like symptoms. When the candida dies, it produces over a thousand different toxins that affect the body and nervous system. Other symptoms include headaches, ringing ears, achy joints, sore muscles, bloodshot eyes, dark urine, strong BO, tremors, heart palpitations, itchy skin, etc. The list can go on and on.

When you kill the yeast, you need to detox the toxins, otherwise you will feel bad. If you continue to kill the yeast without a detox plan, this can damage your liver from my experience, which will have to be healed at a later time (by a naturopath).

-raster

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I find that antioxidants can sometimes cause big reactions. Especially red vegetables, and for me also vitamin E causes me a lot of trouble. I think this is something that can be good in small amounts, if you are able to eat it without too much trouble. Your body may get more adopted to it over time, and that’s a good thing. But if it is too much maybe you are not ready for it yet.

You can search online to find the specific nutritional values in vegetables.

sky000

must say never heard these cause & effects from your examples, almost sounds like perhaps something else is going on at the time and you attribute reactions to them, there is in fact a thyroid connection between cabbage and that family, no studies/examples seem to indicate supplement antioxidants cause troubles in regards to die off, feel free to inform me, if i am barking up the wrong tree-i just wouldn’t want folks being discouraged in any way from using anti ox’s.

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I am just talking from my own experience and I am not discouraging people to take antioxidants at all!

I have been on a very limited diet where I mostly just eat salads and very little colored vegetables (I know this is not ideal), and I find that what I try to add in things that I don’t eat anymore I will get a reaction, and have to slowly get used to things rather than jump into eating something everyday. With time it might be ok without any reactions at all, but I also feel like some things I’m just not ready to get yet cause it freaks my body out too much. I think it is individual how we react and what we are able to handle, listening to your own body is always a good thing to do.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Most antimicrobial and antioxidant compounds are destroyed from cooking, plus those effects would happen with other foods/compounds. The fact that there was no mention of other sulfur containing foods likely rules that out, plus those arent typical thyroid symptoms. I cant come up with anything but an immune based reaction.

sky000

just for clarity, the thyroid connection i was making was how those vegetables are detrimental to the thyroid unless cooked very well, and smurfie i am not suggesting you were trying to discourage using anti– it is just how folks perceive a post on a forum as gospel and yes it is their problem not yours, and i was trying to disconnect the link between all red vegetables and reactions tied into die back, you have explained your’e basically on a limited or even an elimination diet and introducing some foods back in, has caused reactions, ok got it, was for clarity sake clearing the difference between your situation and perhaps a typical candida sufferer who might not have the same situation.now just hope i haven’t muddied the waters further.. intention was definitely not to offend. sorry

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Red cabbage causing die off’ is closed to new replies.