red and black rice ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions red and black rice ok?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

Can i have this rice even in the beginning stages? I seem to be symptom free right now but still very cautious of food I am eating.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My naturopath said that it is OK, but not everyday. I believe it has way less gluten than brown or white rice which he places in a different category. However, if you wanted to be really safe…save it for phase 2. My naturopath stated that since you have not ever had this item in life before, your body won’t respond negatively towards it when compared to other foods.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/ might be a good way to check out the foods you want to try out eating. Keep in mind of all the factors that go into a healthy diet; this would be no mold, low on sugar, low on the glycemic and inflammatory index.

I have been unable to find any information about red or black rice on the glycemic index, etc. It might contain some starch so be wary of any new food. Buckwheat and quinoa on the other hand contain very little starch.

-Raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘red and black rice ok?’ is closed to new replies.