Ready to give up

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ready to give up

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jgentry
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I began the Candida diet earlier this month. Last Thursday I started feeling unwell, and have not improved much. I have started taking Ibuprofen to get through the day. I have three kids so I can’t just lay in bed resting all day, which is what I want to be doing. My head hurts, I have very little appetite, no energy etc…..

How long does this last? It just doesn’t seem healthy to me.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It can take very long to get over candida. What is your diet like and what supplements are you taking?

Relating to this, I feel that everyone has their own specific causes and reasons for their overgrowth and a naturopath might be able to heal you and not necessarily treat you by killing the candida.

I didn’t notice significant improvement until the 3-4 month mark.

A great way to get the candida out of your body is to take a hot tub, steam room, jacuzzi, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins. If it re-circulates throughout the body, it has no where to go!

-Raster

jgentry

I expected the candida to be around for a while, it’s been with me for 12 years. Yikes! At the moment my diet is very minimal. Mostly vegetables because everything else makes my stomach turn. Before that I was eating local, organic meats, organic vegetables, quinoa, and a bit of brown rice. I am taking Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, bentonite clay, psyllium husk, I was taking Oil of Oregeno and probiotics, but have stopped those. I have ordered Molybdenum from my local health food store, and am waiting for it to arrive.

When you say improvement, does that mean you felt unwell for 3-4 months?

I knew this was going to be a long process. I just wasn’t expecting to feel so awful.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

How is ibuprofen supposed to help? It irritates your stomach lining and contributes to the kind of digestive, immune and liver problems you’re trying to overcome. The diet is a healing diet, not a guide to optimum nutrition. That’s not to say it isn’t healthy when compared to the typical Western diet. Your body can’t instantly adjust to major dietary changes, and pumping it full of toxins (drugs) is the kind of thing that leads to it breaking down in the first place. Overcoming candida isn’t easy, and it’s unrealistic to believe you can do it in a matter of weeks. It takes a long time to reverse a lifetime of damage, despite the claims of magic-bullet drug companies who produce the likes of ibuprofen.

jgentry

I don’t take the Ibuprofen to help with the candida. As I said, I have 3 children I need to care for. The Ibuprofen is so I can get through my day, and am aware that it’s not healthy. I haven’t taken any kind of medication in years, because I don’t believe in such toxins, but I also can’t just leave my kids to fend for themselves day in and day out.

I don’t remember saying anything about overcoming candida in weeks, because I certainly never thought that was the case. I have had it for 12 years, so I can imagine it will take a long time for it to leave.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Gentry. Welcome to the forum.

Don’t worry about taking Ibuprofen during your treatment. Ibuprofen was shown to revert certain Candida albicans’ resistance to antifungal azoles in a study conducted by the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. It’s not something you want to take on a regular basis from now on, but until you receive the Molybdenum, it shouldn’t present a problem.
    Research: http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/56/4/678.full

How long does this last? It just doesn’t seem healthy to me.

It doesn’t seem healthy to you because it isn’t, in fact, it has the potential of being dangerous to the body; I’m talking about the die-off symptoms caused by the toxins that the dying Candida are releasing. That’s probably what you’re experiencing now, and the toxins overwork the liver while it’s trying to keep the toxins under control. That’s what the Molybdenum is for, to protect the body and especially the liver from the Candida toxins, and once you start taking it you should start feeling better within a day or two at the most.

Have you read the diet and protocol that the forum follows? It’s the ones on the forum, not the website. When we talk about “the diet” or the foods on the forum, we’re always referring to the forum’s diet.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The Diet:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Let us know if you have other concerns.
    Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

jgentry wrote: I don’t take the Ibuprofen to help with the candida. As I said, I have 3 children I need to care for. The Ibuprofen is so I can get through my day, and am aware that it’s not healthy. I haven’t taken any kind of medication in years, because I don’t believe in such toxins, but I also can’t just leave my kids to fend for themselves day in and day out.

I don’t remember saying anything about overcoming candida in weeks, because I certainly never thought that was the case. I have had it for 12 years, so I can imagine it will take a long time for it to leave.

Gentry,
    I’m so sorry that this is so hard on you. I was very sick with awful cough for 5 weeks before antibiotics brought this nasty crud to the forefront. However I believe I had it for a very long time as well. I am a school teacher and I have 30+ to care for daily. I can understand what your going through. I really thought I was going to die until I found this diet and followed it (with slip ups…that seem to continue oops :/ ) The main thing I want to share with you is I didn’t know how sick I was during stage one because I was so sick when everything came to a head. So, I can remember the room spinning, heart pounding, hot sweats, cold chills, exhaustion, head ache, shaking, starving, craving, EXHAUSTED!!!! And still trying to keep my smile on and keep my mind sharp and focused. I too took some meds to deal with the head ache, chills etc. We can’t be perfect. We do need to be careful. Please listen to Raster and Able they are the best.

How old are your kids? Are they all home with you every day? I can remember a time when I was very sick and my kids were little. I took all the pillows and blankets and built a NEST in the middle of our family room. We sat in that nest all day and colored, watched TV, ate snacks, napped. The kids loved it. I was shocked how happy they were to play in that nest. I told them the Mother bird had to stay in the nest with the babies. But I was able to rest as they played around me. I remember how happy I was that day. Honestly I think the nest lasted longer than one day…and we slept in it at night. LOL. Try to find calm activities for your kids that keep them busy for long spurts…clay, playdough, painting with water colors (might be too messy for you). Don’t feel guilty about puttig food out on a tray and letting them wing it for a bit. Do what you can to cut corners. The first few weeks are very rough. I hope you can call on a friend or family member to give you a few breaks.

Take care. Hang in there. I’m no where near healed but oh I feel 100 times better and I just started on November 15th.

Hugs,
    Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

How old are your kids? Are they all home with you every day? I can remember a time when I was very sick and my kids were little. I took all the pillows and blankets and built a NEST in the middle of our family room. We sat in that nest all day and colored, watched TV, ate snacks, napped. The kids loved it. I was shocked how happy they were to play in that nest. I told them the Mother bird had to stay in the nest with the babies. But I was able to rest as they played around me. I remember how happy I was that day.

Great advice, Jackie, I’m glad you’re around these days. Thanks.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

So sorry to hear you’re having a tough time Gentry. Able & Raster have given very sound advice I’ve nothing to add on that front.

Jackie… I LOVE the nest idea!! When I was at my worst die off stage before Christmas (headaches, exhaustion, dead legs) I had the 3 & 4yr olds “go camping” in the front room! They brought all the blankets & pillows down and spent ages setting it up… they brought a mini dvd player in and snacks (usually not allowed anywhere but the kitchen/ diner so a huge treat!!). I didn’t join them in there but it meant that I could focus just on the baby while they played away for hours! And when I was at my worst I’d put the baby in his stroller and have the 12 year old wheel him up & down the hall. We watched a lot of movies together too which was actually quite nice.

Best of luck with the rest of your recovery Gentry… it’s worth it to get better for yourself and those kiddies!

Lx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ready to give up’ is closed to new replies.