Reactions to test foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Reactions to test foods

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I tried the coconut bread recipe, and I experienced anxiety the next day.

Does this mean I have leaky gut syndrome? Weight loss & anxiety were significant symptoms for me even before I started the diet.

Is there any other way I can make bread?

Are there other methods or foods to stops the excess weight loss?

I’ve lost 30 pounds so far. I’m on week 5.

I’m eating the same meal, 3-4x every day:

Eggs (over easy or hard boiled), zucc, squash, asparagus, green beans, baby spinach lettuce, onions, green peppers, avocado, & olive oil…with himalayan salt, pepper, parsley, basil, & oregano.

My feet tingle when I try chicken…but I can handle it. I will also try sockeye salmon this weekend.

I also plan to try Fage greek yogurt soon.

I have the Bob’s Red Mill hot oat bran hot cereal, but have not tested it yet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to determine whether the food caused the anxiety or whether the anxiety occurred seperately. I think testing the coconut bread again will help you determine this. I haven’t heard of anyone getting a delayed anxiety reaction to a food they ate the day before, but I guess anything is possible.

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Is the chicken you are eating organic or regular chicken? It could be giving you a reaction because it is not organic, it needs to be antibiotic and hormone free. Others on here have been sensitive to meat though.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

titan wrote: I tried the coconut bread recipe, and I experienced anxiety the next day.

Does this mean I have leaky gut syndrome? Weight loss & anxiety were significant symptoms for me even before I started the diet.

Is there any other way I can make bread?

Are there other methods or foods to stops the excess weight loss?

I’ve lost 30 pounds so far. I’m on week 5.

I’m eating the same meal, 3-4x every day:

Eggs (over easy or hard boiled), zucc, squash, asparagus, green beans, baby spinach lettuce, onions, green peppers, avocado, & olive oil…with himalayan salt, pepper, parsley, basil, & oregano.

My feet tingle when I try chicken…but I can handle it. I will also try sockeye salmon this weekend.

I also plan to try Fage greek yogurt soon.

I have the Bob’s Red Mill hot oat bran hot cereal, but have not tested it yet.

Hi mate,
    it is possible to react the next day. Depending on your transit time, the time your food is digested and comes out. This can be even longer. I tried for month to figure out what food doesn’t work for me and its a hopeless situation as there is a delay of time involved. That is the difference between being allergic or being food intolerant. An allergic person reacts directly, he even will react if he holds the food on the lips and they might swell up. Your coconut bread is high on fibre, that could be a culprit too, if you are unlucky its fermenting in your guts and you have a lot of gas. These gases could press on a nerve which is connected to your brain giving you anxiety or the toxins of the bacteria having a party with the fibres give you brain fog.

I myself could not figure out which food messes me up. The only step forward I did was when I figured out that fibre rich food is killing me.

all the best to you
    yours
    Thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You become intolerant to pretty much anything if you don’t eat it for long enough because your gut flora changes with your diet. This is one reason such a limited diet is unhealthy; weight loss is another. If you continue eating the problem food in small portions, it’s possible you’ll “readapt” to it like a vegetarian reintroducing meat. Coconut is very allergenic though, so maybe you are just sensitive to it. Either way I’d at least try to eat a wider range of vegetables and pull yourself out of ketosis – a potential source of stress.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Have you been eating coconut oil right along as Able and the rest suggest? If you have then the reaction to the coconut bread seems a bit odd…I’m sorry for your reaction because I know how darn excited I was when I reached the part of the diet where I could have bread. I hope that is not the case. I know others have posted about weight loss as well. I lost 50lbs but I needed to drop that weight and am greatful. At first it was scary becase it melted off and I was doing nothing…I was so week I couldn’t figure it out. However, my body has adjusted and I’m doing fine and weight has settled and I’m stable. I remember how scared I was at first. Hang in there. It gets better.

Jackie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reactions to test foods’ is closed to new replies.