Raw organic coconut oil – problems with it.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Raw organic coconut oil – problems with it.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  momma1 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Prizma
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

Yesterday I bought Raw organic coconut oilas to start taking it as an antifungal.
    Yesterday I took 3-4 teasppons at three different meals.
    This morning I took approx. four-five tablespoons from it.
    As soon as I had lunch, i got a severe dhyaria.
    The brand is Nutiva.

Does this reaction of my body mean that I am allergic to the coconut oil, or it might be related to improper dosage at the very beginning ?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Prizma;45142 wrote: Yesterday I bought Raw organic coconut oilas to start taking it as an antifungal.
    Yesterday I took 3-4 teasppons at three different meals.
    This morning I took approx. four-five tablespoons from it.
    As soon as I had lunch, i got a severe dhyaria.
    The brand is Nutiva.

Does this reaction of my body mean that I am allergic to the coconut oil, or it might be related to improper dosage at the very beginning ?

You started taking too much too soon. If you’ll read the Forum Protocol you’ll see that the instructions are to start with one teaspoon. In a few days you should raise that to two teaspoons, and a few days later raise to three teaspoons. Continue raising the amount very slowly until you’ve reached 15-18 teaspoons a day.

I’m not at all surprised that you’re having trouble, just surprised that it’s not worse.

Nutiva is a good brand, no need to change it. Just try to follow the instructions in the protocol the next time you start something new.

Able

Prizma

Thank you, Able.

I am having IBS symptoms /abdominal pain/. I’ve read here that in this case Aloe Vera concentrated is not okay.

Why is that ?

I have read that:

1/ Aloe vera is an antifungal;
    1/ Aloe vera helps to cure inflamations.

I am taking Forever Living Aloe Vera and Ihave been thinking it helps.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

copied from this page, Able wrote:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

Virgin Organic Coconut Oil: (Virgin is absolutely necessary for this to work as it should)
    In addition to being a whole-food antifungal to which the Candida cannot adapt, coconut oil is especially beneficial in establishing a positive environment for the survival of the beneficial bacteria. Plus, you don’t need to stop taking it when you stop the other antifungals as it does not destroy the beneficial bacteria you are trying to reestablish.

You can cook with the oil if you wish, but it would be much more potent and beneficial if you also take it by the spoonful in its raw form. When you start taking the coconut oil, start with (1) teaspoonful a day for three days. Then go up to (2) teaspoons for another three days, and then move up to (3) teaspoons. After this dose, continue raising the amount by one spoon every two days until you reach 15 to 18 spoonfuls a day.

Women can easily go as high as 12 to 15 teaspoons a day, though I’ve seen a few go up to 16 and one went as high as 18 for over a week. If you’re a male, you should be able to eventually raise the amount to 15 to 18 teaspoons a day easily.

check out bold part, this is extremely important for everybody.
    I was always trying to get better as soon as possible, and took antifungals in too high doses which would always set me back since I would get severe dieoff

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Prizma;45146 wrote: Thank you, Able.
    I am having IBS symptoms /abdominal pain/. I’ve read here that in this case Aloe Vera concentrated is not okay.
    Why is that ?

I have read that:
    1/ Aloe vera is an antifungal;
    1/ Aloe vera helps to cure inflamations.
    I am taking Forever Living Aloe Vera and Ihave been thinking it helps.

Hello, Prizma;
    I’m certainly not going to tell you to stop taking aloe vera if you believe it’s helping you, but if you’ve read the forum protocol and all the links connected to it, you’ll see that aloe vera juice is not part of the treatment and in fact is never mentioned. This is mainly because I know that there are better herbs which will do a better job than aloe vera will.

One problem I have with aloe vera juice is the fact that one of the three sections of the leaf contains anthraquinone stimulant laxatives. I believe that it’s counterproductive to use anthraquinones laxatives because they can cause laxative dependence. The other problem is that most aloe juices in the stores are diluted, sometimes extremely so. The FDA allows the manufacturers of aloe manufacturers to add around 90% water label the container as being 100% aloe vera juice, so you’re basically paying for water unless you make sure the label states that there is no water added to the aloe juice.

In addition to water being added to most aloe juices, the aloe gel is never 100% aloe in that it’s manufactured by adding algin from seaweeds to the aloe in order to make it gel.

Personally, I would prefer to take licorice root, yucca root, and slippery elm instead of aloe vera. Slippery elm is a muciliginous herb which means that it will form a slick mucilage which coats and soothes the intestines, plus it also acts a stool softener. In addition, slippery elm stimulates the immune system which aloe vera cannot d The licorice root and yucca root will help to build up the flora which in turn will reduce the intestinal inflammation that goes along with IBS and leaky gut.

Slippery elm is capable of sucking up water when it aids in constipation, as with any supplement which is capable of helping constipation, be sure to drink a lot of water with it.

Able

Prizma

I got mistaken from the directions on the box, stating 3 Tablespoons a day are recommended … Maybe this applies to people who do not have stomach problems, like candida.

My die off is only felt like a pain in the legs, so I am not having much trouble yet.

And yes, to some extent I’ve learned two lessons:

Be more patient.
    Stick to the strict diet for at least six months.

===============

Thanks Able again for detailed explanation.

Here I can find Licorice Root so I will switch to it /NOW Foods/.

However I am hesitant with immunestimulants as I have got Hashimoto disease and any additional intereference to the immune system is generally not recommended for it /as with many autoimmune diseases/.

momma1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

how do you know how much coconut oil is okay to cook with?

tonight i had used coconut oil to sautee my spinach and cook my chicken. now i’m freaking out wondering if i used to much and worried i might get the runs 🙁 Please help. am i only supposed to use 1 teaspoon like the protocol states? tonight was my first night using it.

Thanks!

many sparrows
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 42

Don’t freak out.
    Firstly, cooking with coconut oil probably makes it less powerful.
    Secondly,if you do have the runs it’ll only be temporary, and you just need to reduce the amount you take, then gradually build up day by day.
    Coconut oil is a whole food which means that its more balanced and gentle than taking a drug or supplement which has been extracted and refined.

momma1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

thanks so much for writing back. i figured since i went the whole day normal, cooking with it is a little different 🙂 i tend to get over worked up for nothing most of the time. i appreciate your advice!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Raw organic coconut oil – problems with it.’ is closed to new replies.