Raster's safe food list

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster's safe food list

This topic contains 84 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  CanDo 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Hi Raster,
    carrying on from my other thread can i ask if the meat should be restricted to twice a week like chicken on able’s diet? Also is yoghurt still recommended? What are the benefits of lamb over other eats and do you recommend bone or meat broths?

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t limit meat like able suggests. I would only consume yogurt if its goats milk yogurt. Lamb digests faster than beef or pork. Broths should be fine for the diet…

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

eskimo_pup;56880 wrote: Hi Raster,
    carrying on from my other thread can i ask if the meat should be restricted to twice a week like chicken on able’s diet? Also is yoghurt still recommended? What are the benefits of lamb over other eats and do you recommend bone or meat broths?

Thanks.

Ables diet only limits chicken in the first few weeks.

eskimo_pup

Oh! I never got that chosenone been doing 2/3 times a week! It’ll be a more pleasurable diet for sure. Thanks guys.

eskimo_pup

Sorry guys a few questions so i get it right.

My meat is all organic but not so much my veg.

With things like tomatoes, is that raw only? I know when you cook it or have it in cans or jars it increases the sugar [as well as the benefits of the lycopene though metal can have a BPA risk].

Apple cider vinegar, is this the standard one you can get in any supermarket as i’ve heard theirs a ‘virgin’ one too. Also mustard ACV, should that be made fresh and does that mean i can use mustard powder and such?

Is celeriac ok, i’ve seen it in the store and it just seems like a veg.

All coconut products, would this include fresh or desiccated flakes and flesh etc?

I’m also curious about zero sugar cheese like parmesan, i presume there’s a mold risk?

Also with mushrooms I presume there’s a mold risk though they haven’t given me issues. I don’t believe in the idea mushrooms feed candida because they are the same thing btw.

The last two questions are just curiosity. Thanks again.

Also i forgot to ask about other poultry like duck specifically. D:

raster
    Participant

Try to get organic veggies if you can…organic meat is much more important. I personally don’t think you can get better without organic but thats my opinion.

Do not consume tomatoes in high quantities because it increases the amount of sugar per serving (a cup of tomato sauce is like 22g+ of sugar, way too much).

Get raw ACV and not regular heinz type stuff.

Almost all veggies are ok for the diet. The main ones to worry about are ones high in sugar, starch, or ones from the grass family (wheat grass, etc).

Coconuts should bring more benefit vs. detriment. I would be careful with coconut milk.

Parmesan is fine once in awhile but I wouldn’t consume it in high quantities. I would try to stick with goats milk cheese because the cows are what the problem is. If you get european cheese, this is way healthier (they use special cows that are healthier).

I wouldn’t touch mushrooms except special occasions.

Duck should be on my list, the main thing to worry about is whether it causes constipation or not. Turkey tends to constipate from my experience.

-raster

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

raster;56931 wrote: Do not consume tomatoes in high quantities because it increases the amount of sugar per serving (a cup of tomato sauce is like 22g+ of sugar, way too much).

Why not consume tomatoes?

I can see the reason for limiting the consumption of tomato sauce (perhaps even limiting it to zero), but I really do not see why tomatoes would be bad.

Please explain.

eskimo_pup

That’s why i asked floggi because i know once its processed or cooked it increases the benefits but also the sugar. I will be eating it rarely and sticking with raw tomatoes that i might soften myself, no long cooked sauces, how does that sound? Also i can always check the sugar content on jars and cans, though i’m not sure how low i’d be looking on amount of sugar.

I can see the ACV i need, its cloudy as opposed to the filtered one i have now, i’ll go get it thanks raster.

Organic veges unfortunately are not massively available in the uk, its the same stuff only so i have to supplement with non organic or it would limit my diet, but i’m definitely with you on the meat.

In the uk it should be easy to get european cheese but i’ll try and be very minimal with it, it’ll be hard though. Gruyere, parmesan, grano padano. *sighs with pleasure*
    A lot of these are matured though which i’d imagine is a mold risk, i have found a 0% sugar soft goats cheese though, i’ll check if it’s european origin.

You’ve been a massive help again thanks for clearing that all up.

MV1991
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 6

Any word on black rice?

raster
    Participant

I would try to limit rice consumption starting out but black and red rice and healthier alternatives to brown and white rice because these types of rice are likely something you have not consumed in your lifetime and so you likely won’t be allergic to black or red rice. One problem with rice is it is hard to digest starting out if you have leaky gut. I’d try to limit it to 1-2 servings per week starting out.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Floggi;56938 wrote:

Do not consume tomatoes in high quantities because it increases the amount of sugar per serving (a cup of tomato sauce is like 22g+ of sugar, way too much).

Why not consume tomatoes?

I can see the reason for limiting the consumption of tomato sauce (perhaps even limiting it to zero), but I really do not see why tomatoes would be bad.

Please explain.

When you make or purchase sauces like marinara sauce or salsa, etc. this will increase the sugar content found in the item. So if you were to compare eating pasta with one cup of marinara (25g+ of sugar) to a single tomato that you dice and put on salad (8g of sugar or less), this is a big difference in sugar content.

Additionally, eating overly acidic foods can pose problems in that it potentially would reduce the pH of the body. Acidic pH is tied to inflammation and inflammation is tied to disease, so this is a cycle you shouldn’t get involved in if possible while on the diet.

-raster

ahux
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

What about pumpkin seeds? They are supposed to be stellar at killing candida and parasites…but I don’t see them on list?

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

ahux;57976 wrote: What about pumpkin seeds? They are supposed to be stellar at killing candida and parasites…but I don’t see them on list?

It was already addressed earlier in this thread, if you read people’s questions. This was Raster’s response:

raster;55235 wrote: Pumpkin products are high in mold except for pumpkin itself. If you can soak the seeds before consumption, this should remove most of the molds. Never tried the oil.

-raster

Here’s a more detailed thread regarding pumpkin in general along with pumpkin seeds.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6658_Is-Pumpkin-okay.aspx

ahux
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Thanks!

Maiscout
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

What do you think about Quinoa and Spirulina?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Raster's safe food list’ is closed to new replies.