Raster, your advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster, your advice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Raster, I have read a lot of your posts, and it seems that you have had a lot of similar stories compared to my history. Plus, you have given me great advice! I really appreciate it. Lately, I have been trying to experiment with fish oil again (I know my integrative doctor said it’s good for you, anti-inflammatory), and I just do not know if it is still because I am having leaky gut systems. However, everytime I try to take it I get extremely gassy, bloated and feel very uncomfortable. I have read on several posts that your recommend fermented cod liver oil, is that better? would that be better for a person with no colon like me? I have been increasing my probiotics lately, and I think switching over to the renew life was better for me. Today I should get the hmf neuro, and then I switch to that, and then back to renew life. Ughh, long road! I have just accepted this is another year of healing with my past history and surgeries of doctors torturing me with abuse.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider trying out fermented cod liver oil. I have no idea how it’d effect you with vs. without a colon so this will have to be an experiment. If you reduce the inflammation, the gut can heal. Do a google search on fermented cod liver oil and you will see all of the benefits, which are much greater than regular cod liver oil.

Do you get a leaky gut reaction to regular cod liver oil?

The gas and bloating could be due to low stomach acid:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

I used to get bad gas after protein personally and the HCL eliminated the problem for me.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Thanks! I’ll have to look up the info on fermented cod liver oil. Yes, I have been supplementing with hcl, just not all the time. I’ll have to make sure to supplement with that everytime, especially when I decide to eat protein. I know when I took hcl before last year before I started this whole candida thing that I just seemed to have a reaction to every single supplement I took. Now, that is not the case; some still yes, but others really help! The hcl has does actually help now as I know I have a problem digesting meats. I realize the importance of getting your veggies in everyday.

I haven’t tried liver oil at all yet. I was just asking, but as far as fish oil; yes, I get a leaky gut reaction. At first, I seem fine, but then an hour or so later, it starts to kick in. Then, it can last the whole day feeling like cramp. Bloating, gas, headaches, feeling toxin and nothing can relieve it; just like if I ate something wrong in my diet.

I am glad that I had a pretty good day yesterday for the most part. Still not perfect, and then I had a spell before bed, but it didn’t last long. Just took my probiotic, and went to bed early.

I guess one more question; how many grams of l-glutamine have you taken in the past? I feel like it really helps me, but then other times, I think I might have taken too much.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take 1500mg of L-glutamine per day or 3 seperate 500mg doses. I never had any problems with this or cod liver oil so am unsure what to say.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Raster, your advice?’ is closed to new replies.