Raster and Able… ND question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster and Able… ND question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Hi,
    I have noticed in your posts that a few times you have mentioned if someone goes to a naturopathic doctor they can heal in weeks instead of months. Just wondering if you could give me more info on that:

1) do you know of anyone who has had candida and has gone to a ND and gotten healed. If so could you please get more details on the actual ND they went to?

2) do you know of any NDs ANYWHERE in the US who claim to be candida experts

3) how is what they do any different from what you have given advice on?

4) I know the internet is filled with lots of sites with long lists of NDs but finding one that has a specialty in candida or seb derm is the hard part.

I am willing to go anywhere to accelerate this process from seemingly going no where from week 0-6 to seeing some improvement.

Thank you very much!
    Tim

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Timmy,

1)I’d say I have been healed from candida because I went to a ND; I am one example. I also have a friend from high school who has candida and she is seeing one too in Canby, OR. She probably is fairly cured right now as well.

2)Naturopath’s heal holistically, meaning they heal your whole body. They won’t just heal you from candida, but heal you from many of your ailments that go beyond candida. For instance, I am a smoker, I sometimes wake up at 4am and need to go pee; these situations/ailments require specific supplements to heal the body. Soon, when I quit smoking, I will be prescribed chinese herbs and other supplements that will help me quit. I also lost a ton of hair and this requires the presciption of homeopaths/supplements that will help my body mineralize the trace minerals in my body (and stop the hair/mineral loss). For my galbladder not functioning correctly, I take A-F betafood (contains yeast to keep it pure) which helps me digest fatty meals. These are all ailments specific to me and not everyone else on the forum.

3)I hear you on this; it is difficult to find one you can trust based off info on the internet. I would call some of these places and ask them if they have either A) treated candida numerous times, or B)treated the seb derm problem numerous times. If not, ask them for a referral to a place that does. Typically, people with PHD’s and more acronyms for their specializations have greater knowledge. I will send you an email for the place in Portland I went to for acupuncture, and they could maybe refer you to a place in your town (or nearby) that they know about.

UPDATE: I am receiving email errors and can’t send anything to you. One school in the US sounds outstanding, this is the oldest accredited naturopathic medical school in the country, the National College of Natural Medicine. Maybe try to find someone who went to this school.

raster
    Participant

Hello Timmy,

Another idea is to try biotin, here is a link info about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin

Symptoms of overt biotin deficiency include:

Hair loss (alopecia)
    Conjunctivitis
    Dermatitis in the form of a scaly red rash around the eyes, nose, mouth, and genital area.
    Neurological symptoms in adults such as depression, lethargy, hallucination, and numbness and tingling of the extremities

timmyb

Hi Raster,
    Thanks for the tips! Well I went to a Naturopath Doctor today. Very expensive but she convinced me she has delt with and cured my condition so I went with it. Basically the end result is that she gave me a modified diet of the anti candida diet. Basically stage two stuff with some fruit acceptable. Also changed around a few vitamins and also gave me some holistic medicine called graphites. It took her about 4 hours to decide this but she seemed convinced this will work. So I guess as of now week 6 of stage one and barely marginal improvement I am officially off the candida diet and going to try the ND way.

My overall impression is 50/50 that it will work. But I will give it a few weeks with her. If it fails I can always start back out on stage one. Hopefully I can gain a few pounds back before then.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: “Basically the end result is that she gave me a modified diet of the anti candida diet. Basically stage two stuff with some fruit acceptable.”

This is the biggest problem I have with doctors (any type) who treat Candida albicans infestations; they don’t understand how feeding the Candida albicans can’t make a difference in the length of time it takes for a cure, when really it’s nothing more than common sense. If you’re going to rid the body of a dangerous pathogen, how can giving it nourishment to sustain its life and allow it to thrive and multiply help your cause?

Quote: “If it fails I can always start back out on stage one. Hopefully I can gain a few pounds back before then.”

I imagine the Candida will as well. But if the doc’s strategy works, maybe they’ll just die fat and happy.

Good luck.
    Able

raster
    Participant

The thing is, the naturopath may not feel that he has candida or is his main problem. Or if she does feel that way, she is altering the diet in a different direction for the worst or better. Time will tell. He didn’t see any improvement in his ailments during the diet and he took many supplements/vitamins.

I say give it a try Timmy; it may or may not pan out…I just hope you can improve the health problems that are ailing you.

Give us an update on your progress in a few weeks.

Are you eating anything else sugary other than fruits?

Have you checked out biotin yet?

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: The thing is, the naturopath may not feel that he has candida or is his main problem. Or if she does feel that way, she is altering the diet in a different direction for the worst or better. Time will tell. He didn’t see any improvement in his ailments during the diet and he took many supplements/vitamins.
    I say give it a try Timmy; it may or may not pan out…I just hope you can improve the health problems that are ailing you.Give us an update on your progress in a few weeks. Are you eating anything else sugary other than fruits? Have you checked out biotin yet?-Raster

All I can say is a repeat of my previous question, and if you can’t see this, then you’re not using the common sense you were born with.
    “If you’re going to rid the body of a dangerous pathogen, how can giving it nourishment to sustain its life and allow it to thrive and multiply help your cause?”

timmyb

I am very worried this new diet wont work. From everything I have learned feeding the candida doesn’t seem right. But her whole philosophy is that she wants my body to get a stronger immune system so it can fight off this problem. I agree with both of you and I am pretty torn on which route to go. But I just can’t stand to wake up every morning and see this same crap on my face while nothing is working. Also for the last week my stomach has been in major pain. I even got a referral for a GI doc. I did a little research and thought it might be a new allergy to eggs. Since every time it hurts is right after I eat eggs. So….I did a little experiment today. I didn’t eat any eggs and the pain never came back. So my point is. On the candida stage one diet I am screwed. I cant have coconut bread or eggs anymore. Only chicken and veggies. So then when I don’t have chicken I am limited to veggies.

I don’t really know what to do?? I did start this new ND diet today and already my skin appears worse.

Probably in 2 weeks I will conclude that NDs are just a scam and that the andti candida diet only works partially (for me). I will probably go back on the candida diet. Lose even more weight. Become ill because my body will be extremely weak, become hospitalized and be feed hospital food. Get well at the hospital while at the same time get candida back full force because hospital food isn’t anti candida. Obviously I am just being dramatic. But I just don’t know. I can’t seem to find even one person on the internet who has every cured my problem. However I appreciate anything constructive you might have to offer.
    Thank you
    Tim

raster
    Participant

What did she prescribe you other than a homeopathic? I understand your frustration, but not everyone is equally educated on the human body. If after one day on the new diet you experience worse symptoms, I would call her back immediately and tell her the plan is not working. I would also ask her if she has treated candida multiple times!?

While I don’t want to admit defeat on this, I am saddened that her plan could not be working.

-Raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Raster and Able… ND question’ is closed to new replies.