Questions from someone 2 weeks in, learning

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions from someone 2 weeks in, learning

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

Hello all,

First of all thank you to anyone who has posted in response to any of my previous inquiries on here – I am thankful to have found a place to find answers to my questions!

1st of all:
    Can anyone comment on the importance of organic vs. non organic vegetables and their importance on this diet? I am about 2 weeks in and struggling to afford food for myself, my husband, and my 1 year old daughter. We all eat differently even though I try to satisfy the 3 of us in as few meals as possible.

And 2nd:
    I have a few supplements that I received in order to boost functioning/cleansing of my liver. I wonder if these might help me in the coming weeks, as I am going to purchase antifungals and probiotics today and begin taking them.

Here is the list:
    Pure Planet Just Barley
    Super CLP Enzyme
    Tac-A-Wah Herbs Indian Compound (has wahoo bark, burdock root, mandrake root, bloodroot, agrimony, black walnut, poke root, calamus root, golden seal root, lobelia, and male fern root)

I also have an intestinal cleanser that is made with psyllum husks that has bentonite clay in it -is this beneficial for me now?

Thanks in advance for your time

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should not have barley on the diet whatsoever, it is a grain just like wheat, rye, corn, etc. and can feed candida. Candida thrives on eating grains. I don’t know where you saw this was OK but it is not OK for the diet.

Barley is very high in the glycemic index and is strongly inflammatory and contains sugar:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5787/2

It is very important to have organic food because you need to avoid one of the causes of your overgrowth in the first place, which is likely GMO foods. GMO foods are causing allergies across the board for many people across the planet, they just do not know it. You could eat organic while your family eats GMO if you wanted to save money. You should be happy you can afford to purchase food because people in Spain, Africa, and throughout the world are starting to have food riots because food is so expensive and so many are poor.

It is very important to protect the liver before starting the diet and throughout your treatment.

We don’t recommend psyllium for cleansing because it can cause internal bleeding and constipation that lasts for days. Check out the forum cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

-raster

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Raster, I think Momela’s supplement is barley grass powder, which is from barley leaf and is in my understanding harvested when the plant is young making it nutritionally more like a vegetable than a grain.

I have recently started consuming barley grass powder on the advice of my naturopath and have only felt stronger for it. The decision is of course all yours, it may be worth trying it and monitoring for adverse reactions, especially as you have already purchased it. It has many health benefits which may help strengthen your body, something which is vital to treatment.

Jo.

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

As I stated in my original post, the Just Barley is a supplement. Although I didn’t divulge the entire history of it then perhaps I need to clarify. It is a fine green powder supplement to be mixed with water. This is a link with more information about it: http://www.pureplanet.com/productpage.aspx?itemid=626

As far as the information on organic produce and meats is concerned, I merely wanted to know how regular vs. organic foods specifically may affect a candida sufferer and why.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is a reason to eat organic:

http://frut-veg.blogspot.com/2011/02/importance-of-organic-food.html

There are other reasons as well. Allergens, inflammation of the gut, and reducing the toxic load on the body are all good reasons to eat organic. Organic food also contains significantly higher levels of nutrients for which you need to get better. Do you think eating foods with pesticides and herbicides is beneficial to your treatment?

At the least, I would get organic poultry, dairy, eggs, and meat which would be antibiotic free and hormone free. The antibiotics can be absorbed in the body which destroys both the good and bad bacteria in the gut (antibiotics stand for “against life”). You need to increase the beneficial bacteria while reducing the bad bacteria.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Questions from someone 2 weeks in, learning’ is closed to new replies.