questions from a newbie

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions questions from a newbie

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Belganson 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lordshelpr
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Hello all,
    I have just joined this group and I have been on a candida diet plan before. Unfortunatly, I started eating sugar again and now the candidiasis is back.
    I have read so many different opinions and “rules” of what is alright or not alright to eat, it is making my head spin!
    I’d like to know if you can tell me:
    1. Is is alright to eat low glycemic fruit on the starting phase of the eating plan?

2. Is is alright to drink or use apple cidar vinegar?

3. Is it alright to eat fermented foods?

Thank you in advance

Robbie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum.

1. Is is alright to eat low glycemic fruit on the starting phase of the eating plan

?
    Not unless your intention is to continue feeding the Candida.

2. Is is alright to drink or use apple cidar vinegar?

Yes it is. Try to find Bragg’s ACV.

3. Is it alright to eat fermented foods?

Kombucha, “real” sauerkraut, and kefir are fine on the diet and will even help your progress.

Able

Lordshelpr
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Able,
    Thank you for the welcome and replys. I was surprised to see that you say Kombucha is suggested. I do my own saurkraut and Kim Chi and I do have some scobys as well, but I have not been drinking the KOmbucha since I heard that it was not advised while on a candida plan.
    I was told that because it is a yeast fungus that it would not be good. Plus with the amount of sugar used in it,you cannot be certain how much is eaten by the scoby and how much is left.
    Would you share your take on this with me?

Thank you
    Robbie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Some people have made amazing progress by making their own Kombucha while others have not fared as well. Just as with all fermented foods, Kombucha should be tested thoroughly before using freely. I would advise against using commercial brands.

Able

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I just found a couple that have their own small business making kefir, fermented veggies and kombucha (near Atlanta). Anyway, I am not familiar with the kombucha, so wondering if there are any specific questions I should ask to determine if it’s ok for me to drink. She is willing to make me special kefir without the fruit so perhaps another special order is needed for the kombucha. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘questions from a newbie’ is closed to new replies.