Questions about Enzymes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about Enzymes

This topic contains 59 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Floggi;53851 wrote:
    I would like others to chime in here, and voice their opinion.

I’ve never heard you complain about any past or present health problem, which makes it very odd that you spend time in a forum such as this. Not only this forum, but I remember chris24 saying that you (or others logged in as you) spend time in Dutch forums as well. You make such a concerted effort to appear like you’re taking the high road when you’re challenged that it becomes obvious that your company has trained you to talk this way. impossible is right, you are plainly a shill.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Thanks, impossible, impossible, and impossible, for chiming in. That’s one single opinion voiced three times.

Since you so obviously know more about me than I do, could you please inform the readership how much I’m paid for my work? You see, I cannot find these amounts on my bank account, and you know so well that you’ll be able to tell me about my gains.

(In return, I’ll inform the readership about the payments you receive from Al Qaeda.)

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Since Floggi specifically asked for others to chime in I will agree with the others here who have just posted in stating that Floggi is indeed a shill and does not have your best interest at heart.

I will go further and advise any guests/members that are perusing this thread to look through Floggi’s post history and take notice of the topics he gravitates towards and the theories he tries to debunk. The fact that Floggi so vehemently denies the significance of mercury toxicity from both amalgam fillings and vaccinations should be a huge red flag, indicating the importance of this issue.

Floggi

Instead of just stating “that’s how it is because I happen to say so”, you’d better target the reasons instead of the messenger.

Anything else would be one of the bad debating tricks that user impossible posted earlier in this thread.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Hey guys-
    IM new, and I have done a fair amount of reading here.

Im probably one of the few people who appreciate someone questioning my thought process, as one can go around in circles until their pattern of thought is broken and there is room for additional- not necessarily opposing ideas.

I have to giggle just a little because, unless I am mistaken, and I indeed may be, it seems the only people who have issues with Floggi are males that do not want to appear “wrong”.
    Like I said, I could be wrong here, maybe reading too much into it, but as someone who spent oh….20 years watching and interacting in the social arena as her JOB…..I have seen fast defensive reactions that happened out of misunderstandings. Not all the time, just most of the time.

Many times I have posted in forums ( yes, I am on several forums for different topics)and took a post or 10 the wrong way, as the tone of the post cannot be heard without a slew of emoticons. Not exactly a guy’s favorite thing to end a sentence,lol.
    I can honestly say, that atleast half the time, the person was AGREEING WITH ME, and the communication was unclear.
    The other half was someone challenging my theories ( bring it if it has merit- I want to grow!)or someone who had genuine concerns about the info I was offering, so that they could be helpful.

Maybe im just hot for devil’s advocate.

Maybe we could take every post in the spirit in which it is offered, and if your unclear on that, ASK.
    Give the benefit of the doubt.

There seems to be a fear here that if someone DID have some agenda in their posts, they somehow have a power to make you believe something against your will.

I would NEVER act on a post that was offered with the best of intentions without fully researching it,on my own, and taking responsibility for my own actions.

With that said, Floggi has been nothing but helpful in my experience.

As have all the other people I have given obvious “thanks” to.

Floggi

Great post, Catlady! It’s great to see such an open mind here voice her feelings.

Personally, I have no problem when people disagree with me. Heck, I’ve never learned anything from people who agreed with me, and I’ve learned a lot from people with whom I (at first) disagreed!

I do have an issue, of course, with people who try to depict the other side as “mean” or “untrustworthy”. Those are personal attacks that have nothing to do with the subject. That’s shooting the messenger (which is bad) instead of shooting the message (which is fine).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and (if I may…) one big hug!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Didnt see that one coming (sarcastic). Read the post history.

Whos up next, lildonnie maybe?

Vegan Catlady

Floggi;53883 wrote:
    Great post, Catlady! It’s great to see such an open mind here voice her feelings.

Personally, I have no problem when people disagree with me. Heck, I’ve never learned anything from people who agreed with me, and I’ve learned a lot from people with whom I (at first) disagreed!

I do have an issue, of course, with people who try to depict the other side as “mean” or “untrustworthy”. Those are personal attacks that have nothing to do with the subject. That’s shooting the messenger (which is bad) instead of shooting the message (which is fine).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and (if I may…) one big hug!

Like I said in past threads, I love this forum.

Take what you can use, leave the rest, and know that everyone is doing the best they can with what they have to work with.
    If we all had the same info and the same life experience, we would never move forward.

{{Hugs right back}}

Vegan Catlady

Okay…just got back from my nutrition-store and bought things that I have changed my mind about and will probably go back to exchange.

The person helping me was really aggressive about the abilities of enzymes to be helpful. I would have listened, but info was not based on his experience,so I was reluctant until I read more here on them.

Im beginning to think there is evidence for them being helpful.

I dont understand yet WHY we need a supplement to break down cellulose (?) if we are meant to consume fruits and veggies to any degree.

I found this conversation, and its possible that this information crosses here,since many people on these forums are on all related forums :http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/candida-biofilms-theory-protocol.25472/page-2

I did notice however that success for one included adding diflucan to the protocol.

I go this any longer and I just may too.

Floggi

As far as I understood, cellulose is hardly digestible for humans. It is a necessary part of our nutrition, though, because the guts (and possibly the gut flora – not sure about that) needs the “fibres”, as they tend to be called, to allow the food mass (or the stool) to better pass through the intestine.

We can therefore only digest food that doesn’t contain too much cellulose. Like fruits and vegetables, for example. Fruits and vegetables provide “fibres” that aid the digestive tract, even if the fibres themselves are hardly consumed or modified.

There’s also food that contains much more cellulose. Potatoes are a fine example, and I think beans are too. That’s why these foods are undigestable in their raw form: the cell walls contain too much cellulose, so the cells will pass through the digestive tract without their nutritious contents being available to us. These foods must therefore be cooked (or baked or whatever). Cooking causes the cellular fluid to start boiling, thereby rupturing the cellulose cell walls. This rupturing of all cell walls causes the food to become weak and, much more important, it causes the contents of the cell to be exposed so our system can digest them normally.

Vegan Catlady

Floggi;53957 wrote:
    As far as I understood, cellulose is hardly digestible for humans. It is a necessary part of our nutrition, though, because the guts (and possibly the gut flora – not sure about that) needs the “fibres”, as they tend to be called, to allow the food mass (or the stool) to better pass through the intestine.

We can therefore only digest food that doesn’t contain too much cellulose. Like fruits and vegetables, for example. Fruits and vegetables provide “fibres” that aid the digestive tract, even if the fibres themselves are hardly consumed or modified.

There’s also food that contains much more cellulose. Potatoes are a fine example, and I think beans are too. That’s why these foods are undigestable in their raw form: the cell walls contain too much cellulose, so the cells will pass through the digestive tract without their nutritious contents being available to us. These foods must therefore be cooked (or baked or whatever). Cooking causes the cellular fluid to start boiling, thereby rupturing the cellulose cell walls. This rupturing of all cell walls causes the food to become weak and, much more important, it causes the contents of the cell to be exposed so our system can digest them normally.

your post inspired an epiphany,lol

I eat alot of beans/legumes (a serving or two every other day).
    It just occurred to me that maybe if there were excess fiber hanging around ( not sure why if elimination is well) that might be the reason the candida keeps coming back.

You really think taking cellulase is unsafe?
    What if we are okay with a little bit of sugar…if the cellulase breaks up the cellulose and create a little sugar, its still killing a little candida as well, right?

Floggi

I can’t really tell whether taking cellulase is bad.

It does destroy cellulose. But cellulose is a natural part of vegetables, fruits, grains and various other seeds. Our body never evolved the capability to digest cellulose, so I guess digesting cellulose is not necessary at all. That does not automatically mean that taking an additive (cellulase) to digest cellulose is necessarily bad. It does of course have the disadvantage that is reduces the amount of fibres in the intestinal tract. It is well known that undigestible fibres are necessary for a correct functioning of the intestings, and for producing a good stool.

So by taking cellulase you are reducing the amount of fibres in your intestinal tract. There is slack, of course, because you generally eat other fibres as well. But given the fact that the average person (which you are certainly not) is too low on fibres, reducing fibres even further would surely be a bad idea for the average person.

And, indeed, cellulase transforms cellulose into sugar (glucose). Is that a problem? I cannot tell.

Sorry for only being able to give you my random thoughts. I would have liked to give you something more similar to an answer, but my knowledge is simply too limited. Knowing the limits on my knowledge, I think it’s better not to pretend I have knowledge I don’t really have.

Vegan Catlady

Floggi;53976 wrote:

And, indeed, cellulase transforms cellulose into sugar (glucose). Is that a problem? I cannot tell.

Sorry for only being able to give you my random thoughts. I would have liked to give you something more similar to an answer, but my knowledge is simply too limited. Knowing the limits on my knowledge, I think it’s better not to pretend I have knowledge I don’t really have.

lol…this is why I trust your answers 😉

I read and read, research and read,lol, and all that does is confuse me MORE.
    All I learn is that there is conflicting evidence for everything I begin to get comfortable knowing…then I get uncomfortable again.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Vegan Catlady;53988 wrote:

lol…this is why I trust your answers 😉

I read and read, research and read,lol, and all that does is confuse me MORE.
    All I learn is that there is conflicting evidence for everything I begin to get comfortable knowing…then I get uncomfortable again.

Catlady, I promise you that if you keep on reading and researching like you are now you will eventually come to the realization that Floggi is exactly who the people in this thread have accused him of being–a pharma shill. Pride/ego is not the reason I keep accusing him, but because I want to warn people so they aren’t misled by his posts. Any good disinformationist will try and win your trust by giving you some good information, all the while making sure to lead you away from the more important issues that can make all the difference in terms of your recovery. Fortunately, for this forum’s sake, Floggi isn’t that great at his job and doesn’t bring enough good advice to mask his blatant attempts at discrediting huge issues like amalgam fillings and vaccinations. Keep doing what you’re doing, keep digging, and eventually you’ll see that I’m only speaking the truth.

Also, regarding the topic of this thread itself, I can personally recommend the use of Betaine HCL for aiding digestion. If you’re bloated all the time and don’t know why, it’s probably due to low stomach acid. Supplementing with the right amount of HCL after meals can alleviate some of this and I personally found it to be really useful. Here’s an article for any that may be interested: http://scdlifestyle.com/2012/03/how-to-supplement-with-betaine-hcl-for-low-stomach-acid/

Vegan Catlady

ThomasJoel2;53995 wrote:

Catlady, I promise you that if you keep on reading and researching like you are now you will eventually come to the realization that Floggi is exactly who the people in this thread have accused him of being–a pharma shill. Pride/ego is not the reason I keep accusing him, but because I want to warn people so they aren’t misled by his posts. Any good disinformationist will try and win your trust by giving you some good information, all the while making sure to lead you away from the more important issues that can make all the difference in terms of your recovery. Fortunately, for this forum’s sake, Floggi isn’t that great at his job and doesn’t bring enough good advice to mask his blatant attempts at discrediting huge issues like amalgam fillings and vaccinations. Keep doing what you’re doing, keep digging, and eventually you’ll see that I’m only speaking the truth.

Also, regarding the topic of this thread itself, I can personally recommend the use of Betaine HCL for aiding digestion. If you’re bloated all the time and don’t know why, it’s probably due to low stomach acid. Supplementing with the right amount of HCL after meals can alleviate some of this and I personally found it to be really useful. Here’s an article for any that may be interested: http://scdlifestyle.com/2012/03/how-to-supplement-with-betaine-hcl-for-low-stomach-acid/

Thanks ThomasJoe12, I am amzed at all the different ways candida expresses itself through people that have similar diets or lifestyles, and even when we dont, it can be interesting to see personality-patterns manifest in symptoms as well.

Like, I have zero digestion issues with candida (although its definitely there!) but I have it in my throat and esophagus, which means I can feel fine and get ballsy and have a starch and suddenly my throat wants to tighten, it burns, and I get dizzy.
    This will last for the whole day or two,over a few bites.

This was confused by many doctors for GERD. They wanted me to take an $80 prescription for the rest of my life….and all the time it was candida.
    Had it been addressed when I first had this happen (years ago, but it comes and goes on its own) then I wouldnt have it as bad as I do now.

I tried the enzyme candidase because it was recommended by a clerk as being really safe so my little boy could take it too. But after more research, im wondering how safe something like cellulase and protease can be if they are not naturally found in your body.

Freaks me out a bit…like medicine does.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Questions about Enzymes’ is closed to new replies.