Question regarding daily consumption of Horopito pepper extract

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question regarding daily consumption of Horopito pepper extract

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  vinny427 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

vinny427
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    I’ve tried many antifungals over the years and majority of them really took a toll on my body.
    Of these, I found that the Horopito pepper extract (Kolorex brand name) really seems to do a good job at killing off the remaining yeast in my system.
    I do notice that when I take it during the day I feel sluggish, tired, drowsy, and have very little energy. I have this same reaction to almost all antifungals (peppermint, pau d’arco, oregano oil, etc), and from what I know and have experienced, it is not a “die off” symptom.
    I was wondering what you think about taking the Kolorex only in the evenings before bed. I’ve tried to lookup answers to this question and found people saying that it might be okay as long as sleep is not completely interrupted, and for the most part I can sleep decently and much prefer to take it at night instead.
    Is the fact that the kolorex makes me tired like other antifungals a sign that it is not good for my body? Or is it expected that when taking antifungals it will always have this taxing effect?
    I believe I have sensitivity to salicyclate/oxalates, so I can’t come to a conclusion on whether I’m doing myself harm each time I take a dose, even though I know for a fact that it is doing a good job at killing candida (visible in my morning stool).

Also, the Kolorex is an enteric coated capsule, but I’ve noticed sometimes from taking 1 capsule that in my morning stool I will see several drops of oil floating on the surface of the water — does this mean that the oil was not absorbed by my body? I was thinking of popping a hole in the capsule and taking a 1/2 dosage at night instead if this was a sign that a full dose is too much for my body.

Thanks for any advice or experiences with Horopito that you may have!

vinny427
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Also, I took only 2 drops of the liquid from the capsule today (roughly ~10 drops which fill up 1 capsule) and noticed that I had good energy through the day and my stomach felt lighter in general.
    So, I’m convinced this is one of the only antifungals out there which my body can tolerate.
    Anyone else with similar experiences in taking low doses?
    Does swallowing a few drops of the oil directly with water decrease its effectiveness since it may not reach the intestines in the same way as an enteric coated capsule?
    From my limited experience so far I would say it feels just as effective as the capsule, but I’m confused as to why I respond why to such an ultra low dose – I’ve searched all over the internet and can’t find anyone who has had similar experiences. Thanks again

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Question regarding daily consumption of Horopito pepper extract’ is closed to new replies.