Question for Raster

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question for Raster

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luke
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 20

Hi Raster,

This question is directed at you, specifically, as you’ve helped me several times throughout my battle with candida and leaky gut. Having said that, if anyone else can provide any further insight into this matter, I’d be grateful for your contribution to the thread.

I’m currently revising my intake of dietary supplements with additions while removing those whose benefit is in question. I’ve purchased and incorporated molybdenum (at long last) & zinc balance (with copper) into my routine; however, I recently came to realize that both supplements contain magnesium stearate which, according to this forum and Google, is counterproductive to the healing process.

I’m looking to heal my gut/candida as optimally as possible during the next six months, and need to ask: Will the inclusion of magnesium stearate significantly impede my progress? As far as I can tell, it hasn’t caused any detriment to my wellbeing. Will it really make that big a difference in the grand scheme of things? My diet is 100% strict and conducive to the achievement of my goal.

Please let me know. I’ve already spent money on these supplements; I’d hate to have to buy even more.

Regards,
    Luke

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m not sure whether or not it benefits you or not. The best way to see if it does is if you can notice a difference between taking it or not. Do a week with it and a week without it and see if you notice any difference either way. I didn’t notice any difference either way personally.

I would consider getting a higher quality mineral supplement such as super silica plus by harmonic innerprizes. Silica is actually pretty important mineral too and it helps build up your other mineral levels also (kind of a building block for everything.) They have a few other mineral products as well. The better the quality the better the benefits and there are a few brands that my ND suggests in this regards (standard process, thorne, pure encapsulations, etc).

Hope this helps.

-raster

Luke
    Participant

Thanks, Raster! You’ve definitely helped.

I returned the unused supplements containing magnesium stearate and subsequently ordered Thorne’s molybdenum, as well as their mineral complex, as well. Thorne is truly fantastic.

Here’s hoping that all goes well! Thanks again.

Luke
    Participant

Another question for you, Raster.

How much is too much where vitamin E, zinc, molybdenum and minerals are concerned? I’m already taking a multivitamin alongside my standalone vitamins/vitamin complexes, and it contains the aforesaid vitamins and minerals already. As I mentioned, I purchased a mineral complex and molybdenum, both from Thorne, and I want to be sure that I wouldn’t be taking too much. I also have a vitamin E vitamin containing 400 IU, while the multivitamin to which I referred already contains a fair amount.

Let me know as I don’t wish to overdose.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m not a good source of information about vitamins really because I do not take these types of vitamins, but instead, I take stuff prescribed to me by ND. In general I’d aim for 100% of daily value.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Question for Raster’ is closed to new replies.