question for raster

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions question for raster

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

hey raster,

I’ve still been using your naturopath and have really enjoyed working with him. He is very smart and really seems to know his stuff. I haven’t noticed a difference in symptoms yet, but obviously know all of this takes time. I was taking nystatin for a couple weeks, but stopped when it didn’t seem to be helping. I wanted your opinion on taking nystatin while following Bernie’s protocol. Is he against Nystatin? I think that he might be because he thinks it causes the yeast to get ‘smarter,’ but am unsure his feelings specifically on Nystatin. It seems to be the least harmful drug and was wondering if I should go back to taking it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would stick with his advice. He is basically more or less stabilizing your symptoms right now and then he will go for the sneak attack with the pleo remedies.

He thinks nystatin causes the yeast to go deeper in the body where it is harder to kill. Candida is very smart and adaptive.

His treatment involves removing the environment for it to thrive and then destroying the cell walls of the yeast with the pleo remedies. It isn’t going to be an overnight change as you can tell.

If anything I would do enemas with the nysttatin but I would seek bernies’ advice.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

excellent advice, raster. i think i just needed a reminder!

yisucks
    Participant

hey raster, you had your 30th bday on the diet didn’t you? Mine is tomorrow, and I’m planning to stick with it. Did you cheat at all for it? I’m not really planning on it, just wonderin’. I’ve been on the diet for 14 months and only cheated 2x which I’m pretty proud of.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I think I have a question, too. Bernie has me alternating b/w taking phytostan and sf722. For some reason, I don’t always tolerate sf722, but I do get tired of taking phytostan sometimes. I think I might just like the paul d arco in phytostan sometimes. Do you think if I just got a tincture or a small dose of capsules of paul it might be less irritating? I have really been supplementing my liver lately b/c I think it has taken some abuse, and the left sided pain has decreased, but I feel I should prob. only start sticking to a few anti-fungals as needed. Bernie right now is trying to keep pleo’s in me.

raster
    Participant

Hey kjones,

You’ll have to ask bernie about the antifungals since he is treating you now…

Hey Yisucks,

I did cheat on my bday and this time I drank alcohol (3 vodka tonics or gin and tonics). I learned from my experience that drinking alcohol causes seizures for me in my sleep. I also likely went out to eat but I don’t remember where. I cheat big time once a month on average myself.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Word. Yeah, I definitely want to get better first before I can do that, but I can’t wait for the time when I can cheat without so much guilt on a special occasion!

Bernie is strict with me with the drinking. I used to be a big drinker but only drank 2 times in the last 14 months while being on the diet. I feel guilty when I do, which is probably for the best. He was funny. He was like “most of my clients, I let drink 1 glass of wine a day. But…not you!” I hated him right about then. Haha.

Thanks raster. I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. I’m doing the pleo alkala too because I was also acidic prior to starting– around a 5.5/5.8. I’m sure I was way worse before the diet, but I guess the diet alone wasn’t enough to get me to neutral.

raster
    Participant

Ya I was like 4.5 when starting out which is very very acidic. Its very difficult to maintain your pH but it will improve in time. Bernie has all sorts of funny stories and sayings, this man is a trip.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

he is a trip! I really like him.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Thanks raster! I’ll just keep on taking the phytostan, as I know it helps, especially when I got a built-up of gas in my system. I’ll just talk to him about which anti-fungals we think will benefit me the most next time because my body is just weird. I probably ask him the same questions sometimes.

yisucks and raster, I am on the pleo alkla, too. I was around 5-5.5 when I started. My pH has been getting better, too.

I have another question; some expenses have really been eating me up lately, and I want to try and keep getting better, but this stress of money has actually set me back some days. Also, I think my partner is been getting frustrated because he just doesn’t understand what I am trying to do at times. He eats hot pockets, pizzas, and constantly works all the time (which sort of stresses me out because then I get that feeling of go, go, go, too; I hate that we live in a fast-paced society).

I have just had lots of things come up with bills. How do you guys afford trying to balance all the supplements, and I know some of the higher quality supplements are worth it because I see a difference compared to when I just try to supplement with cheaper alternatives sometimes? This month still spending a little bit, but documenting everything I either like or feel can go without, so I can pin-point which things are the most helpful!!!

raster
    Participant

I’m lucky enough to have a full time job that pays pretty well and I have no debt, so this is how I survive. As bernie would put it, his supplements are cheaper than going to a hospital or place where they take care of you.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

The money is a big challenge for me too, kjones. I actually just maxed out my FSA card with all the stuff. I too have a F/T job and have almost paid off my debt so I may be in a better situation than others. But it is very very tight. All my money goes to my food and supplements, and I still find myself very close every pay period. however, I feel Ive already spent so much money trying to fix this problem that I know it’s worth it going the Bernie approach since people have had such success with him. And, to me, my health is SO much more important than money. I’d give away all my money if it meant fixing this problem.

raster
    Participant

I’m pretty lucky because my employer pays 95% of my health insurance and I live in my great aunt’s house (she is 96 and at assisted living) and I pay $450/mo to rent a 1500 sq. ft. home in a nice area of town. I guess you’d call it a unique situation.

Before all of this I was out of work for 2 years so I developed some good non-spending habits. I don’t go out to clubs/shows, I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t need to pay for cabs, I don’t go out to eat, I don’t even get tea/coffee anywhere. I mean every now and then but not every day or weekend.

Another plus is that in Oregon we have no sales tax so I guess I have an extra 5% income when compared to almost everyone else. Everyone in Oregon is also pretty poor in general so everything is cheap compared to elsewhere. I don’t drive much so I don’t spend much in gas.

I’ve only recently gone into debt for my wife’s wedding band and a new used car I got. Got my first credit card. I am feeling the crunch so am almost breaking even now.

The supplements are my #2 expense behind rent and I definitely complained when I started out about the costs. Its ridiculous to spend $50 on a box of vitamins but it brings so much benefit!

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘question for raster’ is closed to new replies.