Question about PH

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about PH

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Should the PH be “sour” or not in preventing candida? This might be too much info, but my vaginal discharge smells extremely sour. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. And how do you change your PH-balance?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Candida and many other pathogens thrive in an alkaline environment, and are capable of influencing the pH to their liking when they’re poorly controlled by the immune system or have no competition. The “sour smell” could be ammonia, but I don’t think it’s an accurate way to judge pH in any case.

Lowering pH would involve killing enough of the pathogens and increasing numbers of competitive bacterial species that create acidic by-products. So, you could ultimately think of high pH as another symptom, like infection or brain fog, that you can’t really influence directly, but change gradually with the right overall approach.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor wrote: Should the PH be “sour” or not in preventing candida? This might be too much info, but my vaginal discharge smells extremely sour. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. And how do you change your PH-balance?

This could be caused by the yeast, but bacterial vaginosis produces the same symptom. If you want to be certain, you could see your physician and be tested for both.

Don’t start messing with the pH balance of your body in any way other than the protocol on the forum; this treatment will eventually create a healthy pH balance in a natural and safe way.

Able

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Able900 wrote:
    This could be caused by the yeast, but bacterial vaginosis produces the same symptom. I you want to be certain, you could see your physician and be tested for both.

Don’t start messing with the pH balance of your body in any way other than the protocol on the forum; this treatment will eventually create a healthy pH balance in a natural and safe way.

Able

Oh. Thank you. I’ll go check it out! (or actually I already did, but the doctor didn’t even mentioned BV or candida, but I’ll go again) Is it possible to cure bacterial vaginosis naturally or du you need antibiotics?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor wrote: Is it possible to cure bacterial vaginosis naturally or do you need antibiotics?

There are a few things to keep in mind whether you visit your doctor or not, and if he diagnoses your problem as Bacterial Vaginosis.

Number 1, it’s possible for Bacterial vaginosis symptoms to go away on their own. This sometimes happens if the vaginal lactobacilli organisms increase to their normal levels and other bacteria levels drop.

2, Antibiotics, both oral and vaginal, can kill the bacteria which cause the bacterial vaginosis symptoms but sometimes this doesn’t reverse the cause, therefore symptoms will recur in about 1 out of 3 of women after antibiotic treatment. In addition, if a Candida overgrowth is your problem, the antibiotics will likely make the infestation worse.

With these facts in mind, you may even want to wait and see if the Candida treatment will help the situation. It’s completely up to you.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Question about PH’ is closed to new replies.