Question about nuts and loosing too much weight!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about nuts and loosing too much weight!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  iuperi 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rose05
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hello, I am brand spanking new to this website (but not to Candida unfortunately). I have been stuck in the UTI, YI and digestion problems cycle for maybe three years now! I finally got myself in gear and started the cleanse option three on Tuesday. So, 3 questions:

1) I unfortunately am fighting a YI right now, should I wait to continue the cleanse so I can focus on using anti-fungals to get rid of it?

2) I am already about 10 pounds underweight, and I feel that I am loosing too much weight with the cleanse, even using option three! Are there any other foods I can add that will help me keep the weight on? Meat or nuts maybe?

3) I have read a few times in this forum that some nuts are ok for Stage 1, the non-moldy ones. Which nuts are the non-moldy ones?

Thanks everyone!

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

id also love to know how to keep some weight or put it back on. ive lost a stone in 6 weeks which is not good and my clothes are hanging off me and i look gaunt like a skelington and mal nourished.

i am hoping tho that the home made kefir will slow the weight dropping off me down

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings Rose, and welcome to the Candida Diet forum.

I’m assuming that, with “YI” you’re speaking of a yeast infection, if so, just like antifungals, the cleanse can be part of the treatment. It’s up to you whether or not you wish to continue the cleanse, but if losing weight is a major problem, I think I’d try to hasten it at the very least.
    Cutting carbohydrates from your diet is a sure way to lose weight. Since going without carbs may last for a very long time, and you do not wish to lose more weight, you’ll simply have to try and obtain more calories from the foods you are able to eat.

All nuts, being high in both protein and beneficial oils, can be a good food item, just don’t overdo it. The highest mold content is usually found on peanuts and pistachios, so I would not include these when testing deferent nuts. Of course you want to purchase any type of nut still in the shell. Removing the nuts from their shell and then soaking them in water for several hours, or even overnight, will help to remove much of the mold. Also, spraying nuts with a diluted grapefruit seed extract solution will remove most of the mold as well.

Coconut flour bread is probably one of the best ways to gain weight on the Candida diet, adding it to every meal plus snacks. Coconut oil should also be part of a Candida diet as well. You can eat the bread at least four times a day while attempting to gain your weight back without worrying about jeopardizing your diet. The bread contains protein, fiber, low healthy carbs, and from 74 to 100 calories in a slice.

Avocados are very high in two beneficial oils, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated, as well as containing around 270 calories each. Adding one to a green salad is an excellent way to obtain needed oils and extra calories from a simple salad. I don’t have Candida, but always eat a healthy, basically carb-free diet. So when I have to go on a week-long business trip and end up doing without my normal one or two avocados a day as well as the coconut bread, I always lose weight and will have to add additional calories in order to gain the weight back after the trip has ended.

I wouldn’t add more red meat and I would suggest having no pork at all. A lot of people with Candida cannot tolerate red meat, especially if it isn’t organic.

If Hope sees your post, she can talk with you about UTI treatment while you have Candida, or, you can simply look for her posts on the forum.

Able

Rose05

Thanks so much for the advise! That’s extremely helpful, I didn’t even know there was such a thing as coconut bread! I’ll try it soon as I can find a place which carries it.

Thanks again! ~Rose

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

If I were you hun id make your own, that way you know whats in it !

Rose05

I just made my first batch of coconut flour bread yesterday! It turned out pretty good but does anyone have a tried and true recipe?

Thanks! ~Rose

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Rose.

I think coconut flour bread is something that, the first time you have it, it isn’t exactly what you were expecting. On the other hand, it must grow on you because, even though I’ve cured myself, it’s still one of my favorite food items, and I still eat it daily. There are ways of ‘doctoring’ it up however. What I normally do is brush olive on top of a slice; add some herbs such as oregano, basil, garlic, and also a little sea salt. I toast it in a toaster oven or the regular and it’s very tasty that way. You can go to google and key in coconut flour bread recipes and see the different variations. Below is a recipe for coconut flour pancakes if you’re interested.

Coconut Pancakes

You can put blueberries on these or wrap around some scrambled eggs for a breakfast burrito, or just eat them plain.

Ingredients:
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 pinch nutmeg
    1 pinch cinnamon
    Truvia or Stevia to taste
    1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)

Method:
    Mix these ingredients and let them sit for five minutes. Oil or grease up your pan and heat over medium heat. Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter for each crepe, allowing each side to brown before flipping it.

iuperi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Rose05:
    You said that you are already 10 lbs underweight. Do you have problems keeping weight on? If so, have you been tested for celiac disease? That is celiac symptom. You can be tested in 3 ways: genetic testing (blood work), tissue sample from the colon, or a saliva test. You may have to go to a holistic dr. for the saliva test. Insurance companies generally do not cover it. Mine cost $120, but it tested 13 different things. It was well worth the money. Good luck with whatever the results may turn out to be!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Question about nuts and loosing too much weight!’ is closed to new replies.