Question about chelation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about chelation

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I’m gonna try out chelation in a few weeks. The problem is that all the information is a bit scattered and my brain fog isn’t helping with that.
    What Cutler says:
    DMPS every 8 hours or DMSA every 3-4 hours. Dosage: 50-300 mg (is this for both DMPS/DMSA?). Period: Every other week or 10 days on 4 days off.
    ALA every 3-4 hours. Dosage: starting at 25-50 mg to 100-200 mg. Period: A few days to a few weeks, with rests in between. He says that you have to use DMPS/DMSA at the same time, which is a bit weird, because they have another schedule.

Where can you get this stuff? I see that most people buy it on livingnetwork.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

TheChosenOne;60039 wrote: I’m gonna try out chelation in a few weeks. The problem is that all the information is a bit scattered and my brain fog isn’t helping with that.
    What Cutler says:
    DMPS every 8 hours or DMSA every 3-4 hours. Dosage: 50-300 mg (is this for both DMPS/DMSA?). Period: Every other week or 10 days on 4 days off.
    ALA every 3-4 hours. Dosage: starting at 25-50 mg to 100-200 mg. Period: A few days to a few weeks, with rests in between. He says that you have to use DMPS/DMSA at the same time, which is a bit weird, because they have another schedule.

TCO,

You certainly don’t have to use two chelators at the same time.
    You should start with only one (DMPS being the safest, most efficient).
    When first starting chelation you should start low. So taking DMPS-10mg every 8 hours for 3 days makes the most sense to me.

Living network is great – DMPS-10mg

Please keep us updated on your experience/progress.

-D

cavemandiet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

I would recommend buying Cutler’s book and read it through (I know it’s hard with brain fog). If you can afford it, get a hair test. Hair test help greatly for recognizing other problems and figuring out what supplements to take. For example, my hair test revealed I had a pretty bad copper problem due to a major zinc deficiency. Copper detox was not fun but easily resolved. Still working on the zinc problem.

Before starting chelation you need to make sure there is absolutely no amalgam in your mouth. I’ve never had amalgam fillings on my adult teeth but went to a holistic dentist and did a panorama xray just to make sure.

I take DMPS every 6 hours and DMSA and ALA every 3. You also need to start low. I started at 5mg of DMPS and added 2mg of ALA when I felt I was ready to. I recently ran into a lead problem and now am doing DMSA and it is helping greatly. You do not need to take DMPS and DMSA if your only issue is mercury as ALA is the primary chelator. DMPS/DMSA boosts ALA and reduces symptoms. If you have liver/bile flow issues I recommend starting with DMPS or DMSA to reduce the liver load before introducing ALA.

Your best course of action is to join the Yahoo Frequent Dose Chelation group and ask your questions there. Good luck!

TheChosenOne
    Participant

I already read Cutler’s book and also did a hair test.
    How was your zinc? Was it low or high? How did you discover your copper problem?
    I had fillings, but they were removed a few years ago.
    I didn’t know that DMSA can also chelate lead.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

TheChosenOne;60039 wrote: I’m gonna try out chelation in a few weeks. The problem is that all the information is a bit scattered and my brain fog isn’t helping with that.
    What Cutler says:

ChosenOne, I would just start out with a real low dose of DMPS like Danny said. I started out on 5mg DMPS and I’m happy I did that. I’ve yet to up that dose although I have added 1mg ALA to my rounds. Taking it nice and slow is the best approach I think. I also get all of my chelators from livingnetworks.

TheChosenOne;60061 wrote: I already read Cutler’s book and also did a hair test.
    How was your zinc? Was it low or high? How did you discover your copper problem?
    I had fillings, but they were removed a few years ago.
    I didn’t know that DMSA can also chelate lead.

You shouldn’t have a copper problem since your hair copper is only a 12. According to Cutler, unless you have some rare genetic condition, hair levels of copper are pretty much always representative of copper levels in the body.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

ThomasJoel2;60066 wrote: Taking it nice and slow is the best approach I think. I also get all of my chelators from livingnetworks.

It is a known fact that chelation only helps if you suffer from metal poisoning. If you do not, chelation is known to have many adverse effects, enough to make it a dangerous treatment.

(Sure, if you suffer from metal poisoning, chelation still has adverse effects, but in that case it is more important to remove the metal from your body.)

You might read post number 5 in this thread on this same forum. It says “The chelating fouled up my GI tract and now I’ve got to fix it.”

You could also refer to this thread, which refers to a paper which describes the dangers of chelation. Or, to quote raster: “There’s risk with chelation in general”.

So please, be very careful. If you have even the slightest doubt, stay away from chelation.

Rabelais

TheChosenOne
    Participant

Lukey;59403 wrote: Chelating 2-3 years did my head a lot of good but it loused up my GI tract.

Which means he/she had a mercury problem and it was probably still worth it.

Rabelais
    Blocked

TheChosenOne;60076 wrote: Which means he/she had a mercury problem and it was probably still worth it.

Not necessarily.

Two to three years may change a lot in your condition, especially if you are changing multiple aspects of your diet and your lifestyle.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Rabelais;60075 wrote:

Taking it nice and slow is the best approach I think. I also get all of my chelators from livingnetworks.

It is a known fact that chelation only helps if you suffer from metal poisoning. If you do not, chelation is known to have many adverse effects, enough to make it a dangerous treatment.

(Sure, if you suffer from metal poisoning, chelation still has adverse effects, but in that case it is more important to remove the metal from your body.)

You might read post number 5 in this thread on this same forum. It says “The chelating fouled up my GI tract and now I’ve got to fix it.”

You could also refer to this thread, which refers to a paper which describes the dangers of chelation. Or, to quote raster: “There’s risk with chelation in general”.

So please, be very careful. If you have even the slightest doubt, stay away from chelation.

Rabelais

Ramblelies,

Shall I post a dozen cure story links via mercury chelation to completely smash your argument?

-D

Rabelais
    Blocked

No. Please don’t.

First reason: you’re trying to make a fool of me. There’s no need for such negativity. Please keep this forum a safe and respectful place.

Second reason: assuming you’ve done your research, you should be aware of the reason why quoting yet another bunch of “cure stories” is quite meaningless. They wouldn’t add anything to our knowledge.

Rabelais

TheChosenOne
    Participant

This is my schedule:
    First start off with DMPS, 10 mg. 3 days on 3 days off, every 6 hours. This for 3 weeks.
    Then incorporate ALA 12.5 mg. 3 days on 3 days off, every 3 hours.
    Continue to do this until I run out of DMPS, which will be replaced by DMSA, 12.5 mg every 3 hours.
    I’ve ordered enough capsules to chelate for 4 months to start with.

Any recommedations on supplements I can take?
    @ThomasJoel2: I remember that you had a video about the chelation half lives?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

TheChosenOne;60315 wrote: This is my schedule:
    First start off with DMPS, 10 mg. 3 days on 3 days off, every 6 hours. This for 3 weeks.
    Then incorporate ALA 12.5 mg. 3 days on 3 days off, every 3 hours.
    Continue to do this until I run out of DMPS, which will be replaced by DMSA, 12.5 mg every 3 hours.
    I’ve ordered enough capsules to chelate for 4 months to start with.

Any recommedations on supplements I can take?
    @ThomasJoel2: I remember that you had a video about the chelation half lives?

Looks like you got a good plan to start. The main supplements that Cutler recommends are magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc. Those are the only “required” supplements.

Hmm… not sure what video you’re referring to. Maybe one of these two:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbcXPjC6xk0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXurlnMzPVE

Rabelais
    Blocked

Be extremely careful before swallowing, or even injecting, chelation chemicals into your body!

• Chelation chemicals will certainly harm your health.
    • Chelation chemicals will only help in a small number of very specific cases.

Combining these two points leads one to conclude that you must be very, very sure that you belong to those few cases where the advantages are actually greater than the risks of chelation. Not making sure means putting your health at risk.

Rabelais

TheChosenOne
    Participant

I received the supplements that I need:
    Vitamin E, B50, chromium picolinate, magnesium (citrate), vitamin C, zinc, taurine, selenium.
    I see that I haven’t ordered enough vitamin E. Cutler advises 1000 IU. I have capsules of 100 IU. I’ll take 2 of them/day (otherwise I’m out of them in a month). I guess the actual dose doesn’t matter that much.
    I will still take candida related supplements.
    What about antifungals? I don’t have any die off anymore (or very minor) these days.

I also figured out that I have methylation issues. One day I saw soy lecithin in the shop. I bought it just to try. You never know… It was a huge difference! There was almost an immediate relief of brain fog. I also have much more energy these days. Methylation problems are most likely the root of my poisoning. It would be perfectly logical, since my symptoms not all that huge (I guess). Something to figure out.

I’m gonna start chelation in 2 days.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Question about chelation’ is closed to new replies.