Pumpkin Bread or cake Recipe with coconut flour

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Pumpkin Bread or cake Recipe with coconut flour

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fanbrits 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Here is a recipe Ive been making and it taste really good. To me it taste like pumpkin pie in a bread! Ive been baking my own sugar free gluten free recipes for 3 years now and I can tell you that one trick to a good bread without sugar is to add flavor. If the flavors are right you dont need the sugar for it to be good. That being said… to get the best flavor from this bread I suggest you use fresh ingredients and the best quality spices you have. Frontier brand cinnamon (especially cylon cinnamon) has the best flavor and if you can only afford to invest in one spice make it the cinnamon! It will bring your breads and pies from just ok to wow! I use homemade pumpkin puree, freshly grated nutmeg, and freshly ground cloves.

Im not a candida expert so please take your bodies needs into consideration and if there is something you dont tolerate substitute it out 🙂 There is a technique called energy testing that you can look up online. It is a quick way to test if a food will weaken your body or make it stronger. I use this every day for all my food and supplements. When in doubt, energy test it! (see Book by Donna Eden)

Pumpkin helps regulate blood sugar balance, promotes the discharge of mucus, and helps with bowel regularity…to name a few. There is so much good in a pumpkin I couldnt exclude it from my diet. Hope you like it!

Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread/cake

3/4 Cup Millet flour
    1/2 Cup Bobs Red Mill Coconut Flour
    1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 Tsp Salt
    1/2 Tsp Ginger
    1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
    1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
    1/8 Tsp cloves

1/2 tsp Liquid Dark Stevia Concentrate
    1/2 tsp Stevia Extract Powder (or liquid)
    1 tsp Maple Flavoring
    1 2/3 Cup Pumpkin puree
    1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
    4 Eggs separated
    1/3 Cup Plus 3 Tbs Water

Instructions

**Have all ingredients at room temp (for ease of blending coconut oil). Preheat oven to 350

**In a large bowl combine pumpkin puree, oil, stevia, and maple flavor. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.

**In another bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, and spices

**Add coconut oil, water, and egg yolks to Pumpkin mixture and blend

**Beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form (1 to 2 minutes)

**Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet and once combined fold in the egg whites

**Pour batter into your prepared baking dish and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes

**Test for doneness by lightly pressing in on the middle of the bread. If it springs back it’s done. You can also insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean it’s done.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Please post a picture next batch if possible.

Thanks.

-raster

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

I have a pic but didnt know how to post it here. Ill see if i can put the picture online and post a link to it. Im warning though that the pic is very good haha

Sienna
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

I did not think you were allowed pumpkin on the candida diet?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

It’s not on the strict diet. Some people have had it without problems, including myself, but it’s not something I would have often. I have had it maybe twice in the last 5 months. I would be more concerned with the millet flour and maple flavoring.

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

This is the most delicious thing I’ve had to eat since starting the diet. Made me feel like I could find foods that feel like treats, even while eating well! Thanks so much for the recipe.

I’m using xylitol instead of Stevia, so I used half a cup and took out a 1/4 cup of the pumpkin puree. All I can say is WOW! I think I ate half the loaf tonight! (I know, bad, bad).

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Oh, and I didn’t add maple flavouring, and used rice flour instead of millet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also, check out this recipe for the original:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst600_Pumpkin-Pie-Muffins.aspx

-raster

cheapesogold
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

This is the most delicious thing I’ve had to eat .

fanbrits
    Blocked
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

wow sounds yummy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pumpkin Bread or cake Recipe with coconut flour’ is closed to new replies.