Psoriasis due to Candida infection

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Psoriasis due to Candida infection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  almond888 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

almond888
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I have been diagnosed with Plaque Psoriasis 3 years ago. After a battery of expensive lab tests, my doctor said that I have “leaky gut syndrome” which is why I have Psoriasis. My liver and kidneys are overloaded and cannot get rid of the toxins. Therefore the next organ to clear the toxins is the skin. I was devastating because it took me two years to be diagnosed properly and at least have an idea on which direction to go. I was also diagnosed with Candida Albicans infection. i went on Diflucan and grapeseed extract to get rid of the the Candida. A month ago I underwent yet another costly test and I still have the infection. This time my doctor put me on a 3 month course of Nystatin.

I found the Ultimate Candida diet plan and I am on the beginning of the second phase. I found that my Psoriatic lesions have been under control and the itching is getting less and less, I am learning a lot from this forum but have not quite read a lot of the posts. I am desperate to cure my candida infestation and know that once I get rid of it my Psoriasis will be cured as well.

I am on a more restrictive diet because of my “leaky gut”. I cannot have dairy, gluten, certain kinds of vegetables and of course sugar because of it’s effect on the candida. I am hoping that this will not be a life sentence. It is daunting to say the least. A lot of times I do not know where to begin and which health issue I should address first, but unfortunately the 3 conditions are all related. I decided to tackle my candida infection. I am hoping that I am doing the right thing.

I would very much appreciate any advise/ tips that may have worked for ou. I know that it might not work for me but I need to at least try and see.

Thank you,
    Almond888

dianav
    Topics: 0

Hi my boyfriend has the same problem.how are you now?

almond888
    Topics: 1

Hi DianaV,

My Psoriasis has calmed down a lot. I still have a few lessions on my legs and elbows. It should have been gone but I have not been very strict with my diet over the holidays. It is significantly better. Even my doctor was amazed with the results that I got. I am less concerned with how it looks and have been able to wear dresses and skirts again.

Aside from following the protocol, my doctor prescribed alot of supplements to help with my recovery. I avoided foods which contains dairy, sugar and gluten. I find that I am sensitive to foods containing those ingredients. I have been taking a lot of fish oils, coconut oil, vitamin C, D3, zinc, beta carotene, magnesium and calcium to name a few. I also do a lot of exercises. I also read the book by Dr.John O.A. Pagano “Healing Psoriasis” (ISBN:978-0470-26726-4). Positive thinking has helped me alot in my recovery. The cure is not just through diet, Psoriasis is also a by product of stress. Your boyfriend would also need to address his stress levels. Digestion and our mental state are related to each other. I am very happy with my results and I know what foods trigger my Psoriasis. I have to return to my strict diet because I know that I have not yet completely gotten rid of my candida infection. Positive mental attitude and the belief that I can cure myself through food and healthy living has paid off. I am confident that I can get rid of this.

It is not easy, but I was determined to do this and it has paid off. You really have to tell yourself that you can do this because the alternative is not very appealing. I refuse to use biologics and compromise my immune system. I wish you and your boyfriend the best. I am still in my journey of curing myself and feel that I can do this. Good Luck! I hope that I was able to help you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Psoriasis due to Candida infection’ is closed to new replies.