Protocols for Children

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Protocols for Children

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christa 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Christa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Just joined the forum tonight and I’m very excited and slightly overwhelmed at all the information. Mainly joined because my 4 year old son was diagnosed with Candida at the Dr’s 2 weeks ago. We’ve been trying the homeopathic remedies, but it doesn’t seem to be clearing it up.
    I would like to try the cleanse/diet with myself and my 2 children, ages 2 and 4, but don’t know what alterations I should make since they are so young. They will eat what I put in front of them for the most part, and will readily take herbal extracts (so long as they can have a drink afterwards). Anyone’s help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
    Christa

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Hi Christa,

Good for you in actively improving your children’s health! However since your children are so young, I don’t think you should follow any dietary advice that people on the internet give you. The doctor who diagnosed them with candida offered no diet suggestions?

If I were you, I would consult a good nutritionist or naturopathic doctor who is familiar with candida and can devise a plan for them. If that’s not feasible for you, I would just keep them on a very healthy diet with whole foods and no sugar, fruit or yeast products.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Just to be sure you understand; I’ve had very little experience with how children normally eat, but I am aware that many are bothered with allergies, so anything I may suggest to you I will assume that either you will know if it is appropriate for your children, and if not, that you will ask your pediatrician about the foods.
    Homeopathic remedies won’t normally work well for Candida, and if they do work, it takes far too long to make any difference in the symptoms. In addition, the only way to truly cure a Candida albicans infestation is to rebuild the flora in the intestines and at the same time increase the strength of the immune system which is normally low if a person has Candida, and homeopathic medicines can do neither of these.

I don’t know how much you already know about the Candida diet, but dairy is one of the main food products that are normally removed from the diet, this is mainly because it’s a sugar source but other reasons as well apply. I’m sure your children need calcium, so what I suggest for this is kefir. If you’re unaware of what kefir is, it’s a fermented milk drink similar to yogurt, but stronger. The longer it’s fermented, the less lactose sugar remains in the end product, and the better it is for the Candida diet. Kefir builds the beneficial flora in your system much more sufficient than yogurt can. You can make kefir yourself and therefore have control over the period of time that it’s fermented by purchasing kefir grains from some health food stores, but normally only from the Internet. Also, unsweetened coconut milk is closer to human breast milk than any other type, it just doesn’t contain the same amount of protein.

As far as the diet goes, it’s good that your children, as you say, will eat basically whatever you put in front of them. For the cleanse, I would suggest that you use the cleansing diet instead of commercial supplements used for cleansing. If they can go without a calcium source (kefir) for a day or two that would be great, otherwise, other than the kefir they should drink only water as it’s extremely important to help in keeping Candida toxins washed from the body. Otherwise, the cleanse consists mostly of fresh or frozen vegetables, a slice of coconut bread once a day (the recipe is on the forum under the category “Recipes”), and organic eggs for the protein source providing all of this is possible and safe with children, if not, organic chicken could be added for an additional protein source.

Normally the cleanse should last for about two weeks, but for children I believe the exception of five to seven days would be fine. After the cleanse is completed, if the child is not already eating organic chicken, then it’s fine to add this as well as additional slices of coconut bread to the diet.
    You would benefit from reading the following post so that you’ll know the ‘good from the bad’ as far as a cleanse, supplements and the diet are concerned in regards to the information on most websites, including this one. The post is titled, “The Site’s Suggestions.” http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst968_THE-SITES-SUGGESTIONS.aspx

There’s a chance that your child will experience die-off symptoms once you start treating the infestation. Candidate by Native Remedies can be given to children age four and over. The instructions are children 4-11 take 1 drop per year of age, 3 times daily. This will greatly lessen the effects of die-off. For more information as well as the ingredients the link is: http://www.nativeremedies.com/products/candidate-systemic-candida-albicans.html

Another supplement needed is used to protect the liver from the Candida toxins as well as lessen die-off effects, it’s called Molybdenum. This is an essential mineral already found in the human body, and supplements are available in vitamin stores. According to the Food and Nutrition Board children between the ages of 4 and 8 need 22 mcg daily. Molybdenum is found in many foods, but for a Candida infestation normally more is needed than what’s available in the foods we eat. As I stated, supplements are available, but I don’t know if there would be one available which would allow you to measure such a small amount. Perhaps you could check with a local vitamin or health food store in your area. Also, keep in mind that the amount suggested by the FNB for any supplement is always understated.

In order to actually destroy the infestation, after about two weeks on the diet, I suggest a good probiotic in addition to the daily kefir in order to build communities of beneficial bacteria. In the end, this will be the cure for the infestation. The diet is used to stop feeding the Candida and limit the growth of the infestation while the beneficial bacteria are multiplying to a degree which will be able to destroy the Candida.

Like Pina, I’m curious as far as what the doctor suggested as a treatment.

Let us know if you have questions.
    Able

Christa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you guys so much for your advice! The doctor sugessted the Homeopathic/probiotics first with limiting sugar intake. We have been doing that as much as possible, but it still seems that there is still an issue there. We recently moved in the beginning of December and have been travelling since then, so I haven’t gotten a good week to really be very strict on his diet. I am looking forward to trying it though! We go back to the Dr. around March, so I’m going to make sure he is ok with the diet and ask about the supplements and then hopefully settle down and get it done! Thank you again for all your help!
    Christa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Protocols for Children’ is closed to new replies.