Protein whilst on cleanse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Protein whilst on cleanse?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  titan 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tigger
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all! I’m new to the site and after some advice please.

I’ve had a look at the foods allowed on the cleanse part of the diet and there doesn’t seem to be any protein at all. I like to do a lot of exercise and I need to eat protein in some form to maintain muscle mass.

So how do people get around this? Or are some of the vegetables in the cleanse list high in protein? If so which ones?

Thanks 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t understand why you are going to work out while on the cleanse, it doesn’t make any sense. If you want to heal your body, you need to take a break from working out, your body needs the energy to heal. Especially while on the cleanse…

You can have a few eggs per day as we recommend on the forum protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery time period of you do have candida.

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

This is a common question, one I asked as well.

It makes me wonder if there is something people who exercise a lot take that can contribute to getting candida. Some of the so called exercise nutrition products are pure poison, people should be well aware of this.

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

there is 10g protein in 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds which i throw in my eggs and salads. buckwheat has 5mg per 1/4cup.

Tigger

Thanks for your replies.

raster, I appreciate what you’re saying and if I was unable to exercise due to ill health then obviously I wouldn’t. However, exercise is an important part of my lifestyle and I couldn’t imagine going for more than a day or so without some kind of physical activity if I’m capable of it. I’m not talking about freakish or fanatical working out, but maintaining muscle mass is important for everyone and two weeks without protein of any sort is a very long time! Thanks for the advice re eggs and if I decide to give this a go I will bear in mind that I need to tone down the workouts for a while.

benc, I don’t use ‘exercise products’, just good quality vitamin and mineral supplements. I already eat a healthy diet of mostly fruit, veg, chicken, fish and yoghurt, but I’m also a chocolate and ice cream addict. I guess the sugar in fruit combined with the chocolate and ice cream could be enough to throw my system off balance. I don’t even know for sure if I do have candida overgrowth as my results on the quiz were borderline.

Tigger

Emsmith;33064 wrote: there is 10g protein in 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds which i throw in my eggs and salads. buckwheat has 5mg per 1/4cup.

Thanks Emsmith. My ideal intake of protein is around 85g a day so I think I’m going to be a long way short of that on the cleanse. I guess it’s something I’ll have to get my head around for a couple of weeks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You don’t understand, the exercise can contribute to this condition, it drains the adrenals and uses your bodies energy to heal muscles but not heal your organs. The cleanse is optional as well, you don’t have to do it and it won’t come close to killing off all of the candida.

We recommend light walking as the only form of exercise while recovering, otherwise you may not heal as good as possible.

You could feel really awful with flu-like symptoms and this is how most people feel if they have candida really bad. Do you feel like exercising when you have the flu?

Additionally, unless you are a nutritionist, you could have problems obtaining enough nutrition while on the cleanse and thus you won’t have the energy to exercise…

What types of foods were you thinking about eating while on the cleanse?

-raster

Tigger

Thanks raster. No, you are right, I didn’t really understand. If I’m going to feel that awful on the cleanse then it will have to wait a while – I definitely couldn’t exercise, or do anything else if I had flu and, since I run my own ‘one man’ business, I will need to prepare for that quite a way in advance!

I am trained in nutrition and weight management, which is why I asked the question about protein – the cleanse is obviously quite a drastic diet. I thought perhaps one of the vegetables mentioned contained protein that I wasn’t previously aware of. Now that I’ve looked at the detail of the diet I can see it is purely aimed at ridding the body of toxins, so balance is not a priority.

I was thinking about following the cleanse exactly as described but I doubt that I can function at all without a reasonable amount of protein, even without the exercise. I already have an underactive thyroid and, if I lose muscle mass, I gain weight – rapidly! Maybe I would be better just starting on the diet itself. From what you say, I assume it will take quite a while longer but I don’t mind restricting my diet as long as I can keep it reasonably balanced.

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Tigger, I was where you were…I didn’t want to stop working out, and no one could convince me otherwise. If we can’t work out, then what’s left to do for fun?

I’m not sure how bad your infestation is, but if you are suffering from a candida overgrowth, it will take a long time to fully recover. Many people “relapse” or never fully heal because they go back to their old diets or start working out before the liver can handle it. Everything you throw at your body, it has to deal with…including exercise. Your body uses it’s resources (which are already limited b/c of the candida) when you work out, plain and simple.

I used to work out daily before the diet, and was in great shape, taking full body muscle works classes during my lunch breaks. It was giving me muscle mass, but I wasn’t healing or getting any better.

I haven’t worked out since being on this diet, and yes it sucks. I had a severe candida case, and I’m now on month 5 of the diet, and just starting to feel better (like I am healing). I really liked having a sculpted body…now, I’ve lost 25 pounds of muscle mass, going from 187 to 162, at 6 feet tall. I’ve had to buy all new clothes. I am skinny and delicate. It’s just the cards that candida sufferers are dealt, and I’ve just had to play that hand for the time being. It was tough to accept this emotionally.

I’d rather be able to completely recover so I can fully exercise in the future, than halfway heal my candida and have a relapse and have to start all over again. There are thousands of stories of people who don’t do a candida protocol the right way, and either “relapse” or have worse infestations that when they started, and have to start the treatment over and over.

It will all make sense as your body starts talking to you a month or 2 into the treatment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Protein whilst on cleanse?’ is closed to new replies.