protein supplements with candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions protein supplements with candida diet?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RobyRob 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mgz069
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

hi.
    i started a candida diet after indications that lead me to this.

only thing is that i work out and i really need a protein supplement.

i found a supplement that does not have any sugar and only has 8g of carbohydrates per dose, which sounds fine.

will this protein supplement conflict with my candida diet/treatment?

note that i also take caprylic acid, milk thistle, cloves and vitamin c on daily basis as part of the diet.

the protein ingredients are:

CARNIVOR-BPI™ (Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate, Creatine monohydrate, BCAAs (Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine), Anabolic Nitrogen Retention Technology Intermediates: GKG (Glutamine-alpha-ketoglutarate), OKG (Ornithin-alpha-ketoglutarate), AKG (alpha-ketoglutarate) and KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate), Hydrolyzed Gelatin, Maltodextrin, Cocoa, Medium Chain Triglycerides (from nonfat dry dairy milk), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose

thank you

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

I think the maltodextrin and sucralose is a sugar and might feed the yeast. Also the dairy has milk sugars, even whey powder, again not good for the yeast. You need to start looking at your tongue a couple times a day. If it has a white or yellow coating you have yeast or something you have eaten is causing the yeast and you need to get your diet right so the tongue is a nice pink with no coating. If you need protein, maybe a hard boiled egg or some tuna after your workout. Also make sure your stools are not white or have white stringy mucous on them, again sign of yeast. Need to get the diet right so this clears out of your system.

mgz069
    Participant

thanks for the info.

i want to note that for every 37g (serving size), you get 23g protein, 8g carbs and the rest 6g are consisted by vitamins, bcaa, creatine and the rest ingredients i posted earlier.

so we are talking about very small amounts of those ingredients.

is it worth the risk of taking it or not?

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

Pure glutamine is the only thing I recommend.

mgz069
    Participant

Will look into that. thank you

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I take pure whey isolate (not concentrate) and I never noticed any bad reaction to it.
    The stuff you take has way too many ingredients in my opinion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘protein supplements with candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.