Protein dilemma

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Protein dilemma

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dora 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dora
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,
    I have completed my 2 weeks of Stage-1 cleansing. I feel OK but I would like to increase the intake of proteins now in Stage-2. The problem is that I’m vegan and don’t want to eat meat or dairy. As I see in the “Foods to Avoid” I should not eat beans or soy products either (which were my main source of proteins for years). I would like to remain in Stage-2 for at least 8 weeks but I don’t know if i can make it without this important substance. I know that many of the veggies I eat contain proteins but the amount is not that significant. Any advice?
    Thank you
    Dora

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Usually eggs would be recommended.
    If you don’t eat eggs, I remember reading that ground flax seeds and hemp protein may be OK, but I may be remembing incorrectly.

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Why are soy beans not allowed?
    I was thinking of trying that natto.

David.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

From memory, something to do with oestrogen. And they may also be inflammatory.

Soy beans are big no-no; but I imagine that a little bit of natto wouldn’t do much harm. Just don’t consume great quantities.

Dora
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks everyone,

According to http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm :
    • The combination of being hard to digest and high in carbs rules out beans from the strict stage of the diet. They can be reintroduced in Stage 3 in small portions.

• All soy products are forbidden on the Candida diet. The majority of soy is genetically modified, which has been linked to immune system damage and other health problems. Soy is also disruptive to thyroid function, which is a common problem with people with a Candida overgrowth.

Athough Nattō beans have amazing medical benefits they are made from fermented soybeans so I can’t have them now. I might try to reintroduce them and other bean in Stage 3. I can try adding little things like hemp powder though. Thank you for your advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Protein dilemma’ is closed to new replies.