pros/cons of amaranth?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions pros/cons of amaranth?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hilleary
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I’ve been reading a lot about amaranth and wanted to get the group’s thoughts on it. Is it a suitable replacement for buckwheat or oat bran? I’m looking for other starches to replace my morning oatmeal and thought this might be a good one. Look forward to your thoughts and thanks.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

No amaranth is not on the strict diet. Have you tried Oat Bran Cereal? it has a consistency like cream of wheat. also there is oat bran and rice bran flours..if your looking for that.

hilleary

Thanks DoggieMama. I haven’t tried Oat Bran cereal but that sounds great. That is OK for strict diet (after the cleanse)? Thanks!

hilleary

Regarding oat bran cereal, is it gluten free? I’ve found some Bob’s Red Mills on Amazon.com but it doesn’t explicitly state that it is gluten free. Don’t want to consume any gluten if I can avoid it.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

yes..gluten free. i use this to make my doggie biscuits and it works great. holds the cookies together really well. i know gluten free flours crumble alot but this holds them together really well.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-oat-bran.html

how about rice bran? it is a flour. also there is a buckwheat cereal out there also..its like oat bran cereal. (the cream of wheat consistency)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘pros/cons of amaranth?’ is closed to new replies.