Proper & Safe Cleanse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Proper & Safe Cleanse

This topic contains 112 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Important note about the safe detox.
    Please understand that this detox as well as any other detox or cleanse program is not necessary in order to cure a Candida infestation. If you skip the detox, and then follow the proper protocol and diet, you can still bring your infestation under control. The information about the detox is only for those who insist on doing a detox or cleanse.

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post for new readers.

bijoux
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi I am thinking of going on the Candida diet and starting from the detox stage. However, I read alot about the negative effects associated with Psyllium Husk and Bentonite Clay, some resulted in death due to allergic reactions. Is the detox recipe safe ?

Able900
    Spectator

bijoux wrote: Hi I am thinking of going on the Candida diet and starting from the detox stage. However, I read alot about the negative effects associated with Psyllium Husk and Bentonite Clay, some resulted in death due to allergic reactions. Is the detox recipe safe ?

Hello, Bijoux. Welcome to the forum.

You’re correct, the detox cleanse on this website calls for psyllium husk powder to be used in the cleanse.

The bad thing about psyllium husk is that it’s very hard on the intestines because of the sharpness and hardness, which has often caused lacerations as it passes through the intestines which in turn causes internal bleeding. Even the powder form of psyllium husk can contain small sharp shards which can cause lacerations in the intestines and colon. It can also cause heavy bloating in some people.

Pau D’arco tea is also another dangerous detox supplement in either tea or herb form. A side effect often seen with this tea or herb is pinkish urine; this is likely caused by the fact that it is a strong blood thinner. In case you’re wondering, your urine does not turn a pinkish color under healthy conditions. In other words, something of detrimental health benefits is taking place inside your body when this happens. You can see how taking psyllium and Pau D’arco during the same period of time could be dangerous. I strongly advise against both of these detox supplements. That’s why I described the detox drink with lemon in the first post.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

ray.of.light
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Hi there Everyone,

My name is Rayna, and I am so glad to have found that forum, and that I read this before taking the cleanse recommended on the website.

A long time ago, a friend of mine had recommended colonics to me. I had a few sessions done, but I never felt as good as she did, which I contribute to an unhealthy diet. While I was there, I got a Live Blood Analysis done. A swab of my blood was taken and put under a microscope. I was told then (8 months ago) that I had a severe amount of yeast in my blood.

Unfortunately, I was not serious about eliminating the candida, and now I am in a position where it is out of control. My symptoms include: itchy/red eyes, EXTREMELY itchy skin and irritations, brain fog, MASSIVE mood swings, and ridiculous cravings for sweets.

I am finally ready to take care of myself, and I just have a few questions.

Between all that I have read, I am deciding to eliminate all possible risk factors, and my diet will consist of:

1)Warm water in the morning
    2) Lemon juice in water
    3) Probiotic/ oil of oregano

get to work…

4) Grape seed bitters
    5) Breakfast:Organic eggs with steamed veggies; Coconut oil (if I should take the antifungals right away)
    6) Noon: Lemon juice,
    grape seed bitters, spinach salad, olive oil, steamed veggies
    7) Dinner: Lemon juice, grape seed bitters, steamed veggies, and organic eggs

– I am going to drink the lemon juice 3 times a day, begin taking oil of oregano 10 drops – 2 times a day, morning probiotic, grape seed bitters before each meal

My questions are:

1) Should I begin taking the antifungals (coconut oil, garlic pills) from the start of cleanse. Or, should i wait until after the die off? What is the most effective route?
    2) Can Molybdenum be taken throughout the cleanse, or should it only be used during the die off?
    3) And lastly, out of curiosity, why is it that Birth Control is one of the worst causes? I am on birth control and after reading your post I am 99% sure I will stop using it.

Like others, I really want to get rid of the Candida, and I am looking forward to beginning the cleanse. Whatever advice is great.

Thanks!

And on a side note: Digestive Grape Bitters has 20% Grain Alcohol. What is the meaning of this! shouldn’t it be bad?
    http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1612/

: )

Ray
    Able, you wrote that birth control was one of the worst causes. Wow, have you any idea why? Just interested. I will definitely stop taking it.
    2) I am not clear if I should take the antifungals from day 1 of the cleanse, or a few weeks after I have begun to eliminate the candida?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Ray, your inquiries are addressed below.

Quote: “Should I begin taking the antifungals (coconut oil, garlic pills) from the start of cleanse. Or, should i wait until after the die off? What is the most effective route?”

Reply: If you think you’ll need to, you can take a few days to start eliminating foods from your diet, then start the cleanse leaving the antifungals out for the time being. Chicken and fish should be left of out your diet during the cleanse if at all possible.

After a week to two weeks, you can start eating more protein sources such as young fish (sardines, herring) or wild salmon occasionally or organic chicken. Organic eggs should remain your main source for proteins.
    If you feel up to it at this point, you can start an antifungal or probiotic, but choose only one to start with. Stay on the one you choose for at least two weeks before starting another one.

If you get the correct ones, 3 or 4 antifungals are enough. Oil of oregano, coconut oil and/or undecenoic acid, and raw garlic and/or garlic pills containing allicin are the best antifungals.

A good probiotic is MegaFlora by MegaFood which contains 14 strains and a count of 29 billion. Start with one capsule a day taken on an empty stomach one hour before a meal or two hours after.

Quote: “Can Molybdenum be taken throughout the cleanse, or should it only be used during the die off?”

Reply: Molybdenum can and should be taken throughout your treatment period. It’ll be a life saver during your die-off period as it prevents the toxins from doing so much damage to the body, especially the liver.

Quote: “And on a side note: Digestive Grape Bitters has 20% Grain Alcohol. What is the meaning of this! shouldn’t it be bad?”
    Reply: Grape Bitters are available without alcohol. Also, Swedish Bitters perform the same way and they’re also available without alcohol.

Quote: “Able, you wrote that birth control was one of the worst causes. Wow, have you any idea why?”

Reply: The estrogen in birth control pills is a perfect addition to the Candida’s diet; this combined with the typical American diet or antibiotics create a perfect environment for a Candida infestation. The growth of Candida from birth control pills is slow, but steady nonetheless.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mccoomb’s has talked about the link between birth control and candida before, check out his radio shows:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

On a side note: don’t buy into his plan, he wants to make money off of his products and encourages fruit, which has sugar!

Hope this helps. I would also consider a prebiotic before a probiotic; I take one with HMF; human micro flora. I can send you a link if needed.

-Raster

ray.of.light

Hello!

Thank you for responding so quickly.
    You’re answers have helped thoroughly.

For some reason I thought that I read, a probiotic over 30 billion is better. So I purchased a type called Brand FLORA, UDO’s Choice – super Bifido Plus Probiotic which is 60 billion viable cells

Is this amount necessary? Should I purchase the one you recommended instead?

Also – should probiotics be taken throughout the cleanse??

Digestive Grape Bitters and Grapefruit Seed Extract are completely different things right?

Thanks!!

raster
    Participant

I would start at something like 30 billion first, and then move up to 50-60 billion, and then higher to 80 billion. I would start this and the grape bitters 2 weeks into the diet. You may also want to do a prebiotic before a probiotic to help prepare your body better for the probiotic. HMF forte is a prebiotic that contains HMF; human micro flora which will bind to your intestine walls better than bovine derived probiotics. HMF neuro is a probiotic that is stronger and contains 12.5 billion probiotic. These are ones I would consider first and then try the bovine derive probiotics afterwards. Start out at one a day and move up to 2-3 a day for all probiotics.

Grapefruit seed extract is a antifungal used to kill candida. It will only be effective for a few weeks before the candida adapts to it; thats why its best to rotate antifungals if possible.

Grape bitters help normalize the digestive enzymes in your body so that you get more energy from your food. It will also help repair your intestinal walls.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

ray.of.light wrote: For some reason I thought that I read, a probiotic over 30 billion is better. So I purchased a type called Brand FLORA, UDO’s Choice – super Bifido Plus Probiotic which is 60 billion viable cells
    Is this amount necessary? Should I purchase the one you recommended instead?
    Also – should probiotics be taken throughout the cleanse??
    Digestive Grape Bitters and Grapefruit Seed Extract are completely different things right?

I couldn’t find your specific probiotic with a 60 billion count, but I found the 70 billion and 34 billion, they look fine as far as the ingredients are concerned. Since you have it, I would go ahead and take the container, then when you’ve completed this one, I would change to a different brand. This is a good habit which allows you to change both strains and counts on a regular basis. Next time try to find a brand that, in addition to the other strains, also contains Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 instead of just Lactobacillus acidophilus. There’s a big difference when it comes to curing a Candida albicans infestation. And the amount is fine. Eventually you can even raise the count to well over 100 billion which will be needed for the final cure.

Quote: “should probiotics be taken throughout the cleanse?”

That’s really up to you. But you would be better off if you wait for about two weeks before starting the probiotic or antifungal either one. The reason is simple; the cleanse and diet will cause die-off symptoms which are harmful to both your body and your liver. Adding a probiotic at the same time as starting the cleanse will only multiply the die-off symptoms making you ever sicker. You can take something to ease the die-off symptoms if you choose to, it’s called Molybdenum and is sold in most vitamin stores. You should definitely purchase this product and take it for at least three days before you start your probiotic. It wouldn’t hurt to be taking it during the cleanse either.

Raster covered your other concerns. But try to find the Grape Bitters without alcohol in them, or you can purchase Swedish Bitters without alcohol as well.

Able

ray.of.light

Thank you so much, your responses have been very helpful!

raster
    Participant

Another way to really reduce die off symptoms is to do a sauna, steam room, or even hot bath as often as possible. This will allow the toxins in your body to be released through your skin and it really helps out supposedly.

ray.of.light

Hey guys,

Do antihistamines like Reactin feed the Candida as well?

I have severe allergies to dust and environmental stuff. I have been taking a triple dose of Reactin prescribed to me from an allergist. I am trying to get off all drugs, while on the diet, but I feel like I need the antihistamine bad.

Let me know!
    THANKS 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Proper & Safe Cleanse’ is closed to new replies.