Progress despite reoccurring symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Progress despite reoccurring symptoms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Hello! I’m new here, but I’m not new to being on the candida detox diet. My name is Hyacynth, and I’ve been following the Body Ecology Diet for 7.5 weeks. I’ve gotten so much better!
    But I’m still struggling with the lingering sinus problems. To add insult to injury, while we were in FL for a few weeks, my sinuses finally cleared up — no more clogged left ear of sinus pressure in the top of my head. It was awesome. Then we came home to cold Illinois, and I swear, the minute I set foot in my house the sinuses were at it again!
    I also started a more aggressive garlic treatment while driving home from Florida since I would be car bound for three days and not have many demands of taking care of two little boys. It did send me into a cleanse cycle.
    So is the resurgence of the sinus pressure {a lesser degree than before} most likely related to this cleanse wave? Gosh, I feel like I’ve been on a rollercoaster. I thought I’d be totally better by now. {Blushing at admitting that!}

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be related to molds in your home. Have you noticed that you have sinuses only at home but not in other places? I ask this because I feel that my overgrowth is partially due to toxic mold in my old apartment.

Also, the candida diet won’t cure everything; you might want to consult a naturopathic doctor for the best supplement to take to get over your sinus problems.

-raster

Hy

Raster, that is EXACTLY what I thought of right away because I’m sensitive to mold anyway. We’re getting the house tested after a heated discussion least night between myself and hubby. 🙂

I’m working with a chiro/nutritionist, and I’m on quite a few supplements, including a weed and seed rotation of garlic and in addition to the diet.
    I’m on
    Fermented cod liver oil {2,000 daily}
    garlic on the weekends
    Gut Flora Complex by Standard Process on week days
    HorseChestnut
    Homeopath CandidaPlus daily
    Florajen3 daily

and just got off Thymex after two months on it.

Plus, I regularly use coconut oil, garlic in my cooking and apple cider vinegar with the mother in it for dressings and such.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts on getting the house checked!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, one thing I noticed in my old apartment is that “dust” covered everything I owned, and I am pretty sure it was mold spores. So keep an eye out for these dust mold spore suckers. Check out the corners of all of the rooms in your home because this is where moisture can accumulate and mold can grow.

My mold was in the bathroom because we didn’t have a bathroom fan. I didn’t clean it and told my landlord who did nothing, and a year later I have health problems. It caked much of the walls and the room smelled like “mildew.” Mold has a very musky smell and it can get into everything that you own, including your clothes.

It can also grow in places that you cannot see, such as in the attic, behind walls, in the floorboards, or heating ducts. I remember hearing horror stories about mold where someone bought a house, did some remodelling, and found a secret room that was filled with mold. A little note was left saying “here’s our little secret.”

Mold messed up my life and I could go on and on about it. It is to not be taken lightely and can cause many health problems. I had seizures in my apartment, my hair fell out, and I only felt better when I was somewhere else. I basically looked like I had cancer.

-raster

Hy

You poor thing. That sounds like it was a horrible experience. I’m so thankful you are getting well, and I’m also so thankful that you are here helping us to become well with your experience and advice. It’s very much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Progress despite reoccurring symptoms’ is closed to new replies.