Probiotics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Can taking ONLY probiotics cause die off or is it just when taking the anti fungals?

And how long does it usually take before you seeing symptoms of die off?

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Antifungals and Probiotics can both cause die off, You can notice die off almost immediately after taking a probiotic or an antifungal.

Doggiemama

Thanks William. I am not sure if i went through that and what i am experiencing now…but i think i went through die off before i ever started the diet. it was about 2 days after starting probiotics…i got a sore throat, headache, achy all over for about a week or so…it went away for a few days then it came back for a few days. i felt like it may have been die off.
    Sore throat and all is gone. i started the diet 4 days ago and now i feel really weak. I am eating plenty of food although i have lost 6 lbs in that short period of time. does this sound normal for Candida? i am trying to learn the signs of die off. i know they vary for each person but i felt this was a little unusual feeling being so weak. as in can hardly walk from zero energy to get me across the room. AS the day goes on though, i tend to get a little better. this weakness started 24 hours after I started the diet.

I am taking milk thistle, Vit C, and molybdenum for possible die off.

please bare with me as i am new at this and have been reading my head off on this stuff. i am trying really hard even though this is one tough diet.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Doggiemama wrote: Thanks William. I am not sure if i went through that and what i am experiencing now…but i think i went through die off before i ever started the diet. it was about 2 days after starting probiotics…i got a sore throat, headache, achy all over for about a week or so…it went away for a few days then it came back for a few days. i felt like it may have been die off.
    Sore throat and all is gone. i started the diet 4 days ago and now i feel really weak. I am eating plenty of food although i have lost 6 lbs in that short period of time. does this sound normal for Candida? i am trying to learn the signs of die off. i know they vary for each person but i felt this was a little unusual feeling being so weak. as in can hardly walk from zero energy to get me across the room. AS the day goes on though, i tend to get a little better. this weakness started 24 hours after I started the diet.

I am taking milk thistle, Vit C, and molybdenum for possible die off.

please bare with me as i am new at this and have been reading my head off on this stuff. i am trying really hard even though this is one tough diet.

Hi DoggieMama,

This is exactly the way I had it and still do sometimes. It’s scary, I know.

When I started the diet (I just started web site’s version first and was taking weaker probiotic, no antifungals besides raw garlic on my food etc.), I was bed ridden for about 5 days. I was weak and couldn’t get up, eat or do anything, nausea, body aches, muscle weakness etc. Then it gets a bit better, but you will probably feel weak for a while at the beginning of this treatment, this is my experience. I am still not sure if weakness is part of the die-off or not. I too am always better by the evening which is odd. Either the food intake accumulates, or water intake, or different stuff we take during the day to relieve symptoms, not really sure.

Being able to tell what’s die-off and what is not is quite confusing at first. The way I learned to figure it out is if antioxidant drink (nettle leaf tea or some other kind), hot shower/bath, taking extra vit C or water, sweating or similar help with symptoms, it’s die-off. Most of the time it does.

For the weakness, few times I did not eat right so I know that this was the cause. One thing that should “get you back to life” is broth, this is if it was caused by poor food intake and/or dehydration. I throw chicken leg with tons of veggies (few leaves of cabbage, kale, onions, leeks, any other vegetables that you want to put in there, and I even add one carrot and one potato in there but I don’t eat them) and cook it well. You strain this and either just drink it strait or you can put some salt and oil in it if you want. All the vitamins and minerals are in this broth. This often helps. If it doesn’t, than it is die-off and try to get to sauna or some other methods suggested to relieve these symptoms.

As for sore throat being part of die-off, in my experience it doesn’t last more than day or two tops and it just disappears out of the blue the same way it starts. If it’s there for days than it is a cold/flu.

Hang in there DoggieMama! From mine and lots of other forum member’s experience, it must get worse before it gets better.

Arijana

Doggiemama

Thanks Orka for your reply. Well today I am feeling somewhat better. A little bit more energy. Yes it is very scary cause I didnt know if it was normal. I am also taking vitamins and other herbs as well. Although it seems I need Vit A from what I am reading.
    I think my body is freaking out because it hasnt gotten any sugar. LOL. Thats ok, although I already miss my sweets. 🙂 I dont feel like I am craving them so much now. That’s a good sign I am sure.
    I think I will just take it easy, get plenty of rest and take my vitamins. I am still learning the what i can and cat eat thing. I thought I could have beans and carrots. But i see I cant. i had two tbps of beans. Man they were good too but it appears I cant have those. But I will say, being 5 days into this, I actually am not waking up with those horrible headaches and am not feeling the need to grab the allergy meds to try to help the pressure I feel as well. So really even though I am weak, I am feeling a little better. That is encouragement to make me want to keep going. yes your right, it definitely got worse..I hope it only gets better from here on out. I am surprised I am already feeling a difference though since I have been like this for years.
    Oh, I need to find a different probiotic that isnt too expensive. I am out of work right now so its kind of tough. But I been taking one that is 70 billion with the DDS-1. Guess I should step that up. Time for me to switch. Been taking these about 2..maybe 3 weeks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.