probiotic storage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions probiotic storage

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

its summer where im at and i dont have a whole foods near by .i drive an hr to get to whole foods to buy probiotics and supplements ,its cheaper even with the gas than to pay shipping and ice packs that will melt before getting to me .

so i buy quantity amounts of probiotics like 10 bottles or so and store in freezer .
    How long will they stay good without losing potency ?i tried to look this up and got a bunch of conflicting answers thanks yall !

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I do not know which probiotic brand you are using, but I had ordered Renew Life (since it is shelf stable vis-a-vis Mega flora) and HMF Neuro probiotics from the USA during winters, and Raster advised I get a year’s supply since it is not possible for me to get it frequently.

What I am coming to is that storing probiotics in the freezer then may help not lose its potency at all since Raster approved of me getting a one year supply of probiotics.

hope4eva77

thats good 2 know thanks ,i have megaflora 20 billion ?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just so you guys know, I have not tried keeping probiotics in the freezer before but only in the fridge. It should stay good for a very long time if kept in the fridge, up to 6 months to a year.

-raster

marcandmaj
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I purchased “Shelf Stable” Probiotics and the instructions were to store them in a “cool dry place”. I placed them in a cupboard away from windows or any type of heat or moisture. Do you feel they are still okay to use? They have a mfg date of 11/12. Do you think they are still potent enough?

Desperately needing advice.
    – Marcandmaj

raster
    Participant

I have no idea, what probiotics did you get? We recommend HMF neuro and megaflora the most on the forum…we recommend high strain high count probiotics containing either human micro flora or DDS-1.

-raster

hope4eva77

k so then r u thinking i should move them from freezer to fridge ? i did assume the freezer would keep longer but really dont know .ive had them in freezer for over a wk already so im also concerned about the change in temp if i move them

raster
    Participant

I’d just keep them in the fridge until you are ready for them…

-raster

hope4eva77

I have sum bottles that have been in freezer for months and others i got last wk ,now im worried ive been killing them ,they dont look dark at all .

i can move them to the fridge but do u think its lost potency especially the 3 bottles that have been in there for months ?

Also the back of bottle on mega food does say store in fridge or freezer ?im just hoping i didnt waste money i dont have storing them wrong im not buying more till around oct i have a large quantity in my freezer !

raster
    Participant

Should be fine I am guessing; kefir grains are stored in the freezer as well.

-raster

hope4eva77

thanks yeah i was thinking that to ,then i thought it specifically says on my Greek yogurt not to freeze so i was confused .but i guess if the bottle says freezing is ok i wont worry bout it .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘probiotic storage’ is closed to new replies.