Possible diet mistake.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Possible diet mistake.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Hey. So last night after my last lemon juice I kind of jumped the gun and tore into a bunch of the new food I bought for my diet. I had rice cakes, almond butter, lemon hummus celery, organic salsa, and sweet chili tortilla chips (http://www.snackaisle.com/way-better-snacks-simply-so-sweet-chili-tortilla-chips-5-5-oz/). Immediately after eating the tortilla chips, I started to get sick and crave them. When buying them I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal because they’re only seasoned in sugar, vinegar, and potato starch (so I thought it would be miniscule amounts), and it said 0g sugar under the nutrition information. After the stomach ache and cravings, I went to sleep and woke up heavy bodied with extreme dizziness, brain fog, worsened skin issues, and some of the worst urinary blockage I’ve had in 2 weeks. Was this the food feeding the candida or more die off from the detox? Because I’ve experienced the same things on probiotics. If it was the food what should I do to correct my mistake and how long will it take to get back on track?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

xday2dazex wrote: I had rice cakes, almond butter, lemon hummus celery, organic salsa, and sweet chili tortilla chips… sugar, vinegar, and potato starch.
    Was this the food feeding the candida or more die off from the detox?

Reply: Definitely the food and certainly not die-off since feeding the Candida is not the way you destroy the creatures, and the foods you ate cut short any detoxing that was still going on.

Question: If it was the food what should I do to correct my mistake and how long will it take to get back on track?

Reply: All you can do now is to either start a complete detox which is what I had planned to do and did after the experiment I conducted on myself at Christmas. If you don’t want to do another detox, just stay on the diet for stage one. As far as how long it’ll take to return to the level you had reached, who knows.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Vinegar contains yeast, and the chips list cane sugar as an ingredient. Everything else looks like it contains higher than ideal levels of sugar, starch or mould. None of those foods are on the allowed list. Rice cakes in particular are extremely starchy and contain a notable amount of sugar. It woudln’t surprise me if the salsa contained citric acid (derived from yeast) as a preservative either. A reaction was definitely to be expected, especially eating so much so late in the day.

There are too many individual factors to say how long it’ll set you back, but if you just stay away pre-made snacks and stick to the allowed list, you’ll probably get back on track soon enough.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You have got to get more strict on phase 1 of the diet and eat these items late in phase 2, if even then…

These items are not on the allowed foods list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Possible diet mistake.’ is closed to new replies.