Positive changes to my immune system

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Positive changes to my immune system

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I have been on the diet for about 2 months. I just thought I would post this on here, because we all are so frustrated some times and especially people who start the diet their 1st week or two.

I live with my wife and 3 year old daughter. We also had to family guests staying with us for 3 weeks at our house. Everyone was sick over the last 4 weeks. Some of them were sick for the entire 4 weeks, but I am the only one that did not get sick with the cold, flu or whatever it is they have.

I’m not sure if it’s the large amount of veges, probiotics or exactly what, but this diet is apparently very good for the immune system. My daughter is like any other kid bringing home germs with her constantly and I would almost never escape the wrath of her germs prior to starting this diet.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Awesome! 😀

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

That’s great 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks for posting that information, Kodaz. Being we’re in the winter months now, several other members have noticed and posted the same fact lately.

And you’re right, the diet and protocol are both designed to heal the immune system along with destroying the Candida. The reason is because it’s impossible to cure a Candida albicans overgrowth without a well-working immune system.

Thanks again, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d also like to state that even though the immune system is strong, you can still get hit by something randomly, but at a way less frequency than when compared to before the diet/protocol. I got the “flu” this year that was viral but got over it rather quickly. Didn’t get any testing done. Feel way stronger after it too.

-raster

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

I,ve been seeing better recovery rates from everything and a drastically reduced severity and duration, as well as not catching as many bugs. This would have been unheard of previously as I have CFS/ Cfids.

My burning pain [neuropathic?] has reduced drastically and the die-off i’ve been getting is something i was dealing with before anyway. I find my mood swings are still a bit of an issue and sometimes i get extreme reactions if i overdo probiotics and/or antifungals but this is all to be expected with cfs so again not an issue.

Today i started testing buckwheat which opens my diet up to amisa crackers for snacking, roasted buckwheat as a couscous/rice substitute, pure buckwheat noodles, raw buckwheat for porridge and cereal puffs.

If it works out it will add a huge variety to my diet so very happy.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Able900;33512 wrote: Thanks for posting that information, Kodaz. Being we’re in the winter months now, several other members have noticed and posted the same fact lately.

And you’re right, the diet and protocol are both designed to heal the immune system along with destroying the Candida. The reason is because it’s impossible to cure a Candida albicans overgrowth without a well-working immune system.

Thanks again, Able

Sure no problem Able. The beginning day to day redundancy of the diet certainly makes many of question what we are doing in the beginning. This is further proof I am making progress.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

thats awesome. Everyone has the flu around me and knock on wood I haven’t gotten it. My Fiance has a cold and I feel like I have a little cold but nothing too bad. So I feel like my immune system is pretty good after almost two months on the diet and fungals. Good story

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

kodaz2005;33494 wrote: I have been on the diet for about 2 months. I just thought I would post this on here, because we all are so frustrated some times and especially people who start the diet their 1st week or two.

I live with my wife and 3 year old daughter. We also had to family guests staying with us for 3 weeks at our house. Everyone was sick over the last 4 weeks. Some of them were sick for the entire 4 weeks, but I am the only one that did not get sick with the cold, flu or whatever it is they have.

I’m not sure if it’s the large amount of veges, probiotics or exactly what, but this diet is apparently very good for the immune system. My daughter is like any other kid bringing home germs with her constantly and I would almost never escape the wrath of her germs prior to starting this diet.

I will respond your post because it is interesting for all candida sufferers.

It has an explanation. Candida sufferers are immune unbalanced. They are overactive in a Th2 mode. Th2, also called humoral immunity is the antibody response to any offender that provoke this response. Common cold is defended by antibodies. It means you are hyperactive creating antibodies to anything that touch your body. You have a boosted Th2 immune defense. However, you are depressed in the Th1 department ( cell-mediated immunity ) This is the immune response that defends us of anything that penetrates our cells such as candida albicans. This is why you don’t get sick with extracellular offenders.

Moreover, a diet low in refined carbohydrates and sugar also help to boost the immunity as well as the supplements you take.

I hope this help to know the reasons.

Jorge.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Positive changes to my immune system’ is closed to new replies.