"Porridge"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick123456 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

I have been eating this great meal for breakfast every morning and it is super easy to make (I love my Magic Bullet) and packed with superfoods. This recipe was found on Elana’s Pantry under the list of Anti-Candida Recipes (some of them don’t look so safe as a forewarning). I am new to this ant-candida lifestyle, so please check to be sure this follows your dietary routine, it seemed to fit into the guidelines which I have read about online. I sweeten it with stevia however am yearning to eat this honey instead. To see the original source click heresince I made a few edits to the one posted

Porridge

2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
    1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
    1 tablespoon flax seeds
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    ¼ cup walnuts
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 cup boiling water
    ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt (or to taste)

Combine all ingredients except water in a vitamix (I use my magic bullet)
    Blend until finely ground
    Pour boiling water into Vitamix, cover with lid
    Blend very carefully starting on low setting, then moving to high, until porridge is smooth
    Transfer porridge to a bowl
    Top with nuts, seeds, or what you see desirable
    Serve

My recommendation is that if you are going to use stevia to blend it in with the mixer while it is still nice and hot.

Enjoy!

Nick123456
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hmm, I was under the impression oats were out of the question, too carbohydrate rich?? If not then great! Also can we not use lacto free milk to make sugar free porridge?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘"Porridge"’ is closed to new replies.