*Poke* Wondering if…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions *Poke* Wondering if…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Swedish Girl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’ve been attempting to do this diet correctly for almost a month now. I do have a few questions, though!

I’ve read here that rice still has some gluten in it. All rice, or? Because it seems people do eat whole grain brown rice, so I thought that was okay.

My main question is…how do you really know if it’s working? I may have had die off symptoms, or I had a cold/flu. Not real sure how to tell the difference… I was sick last week with what I’d describe as a sinus infection/head cold. Post-nasal drip, ears popping/cracking with fluid in them, etc. So I don’t really know if I just caught something or if it was dying off.

I’ve been taking different things that I’ve read you should take…so hopefully I really should be taking them? I have: Caprylic Acid, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Garlic capsules and I eat fresh garlic a few times a week. I’ve been taking these things for 3 weeks now and I have no idea when I should stop…? Should I take probiotics with them or would it kill it off, too?

As for my diet, I think I pretty much understand what’s good and what’s bad. Just need to make sure the whole grain brown rice I’ve been eating is okay… Also, is hummus okay? I’ve read it is, but I’m not real sure.

I only drink water and sometimes coconut milk (unsweetened). I’m allergic to regular milk and randomly developed an allergy to almonds and walnuts. No idea where that came from, but whenever I eat them my stomach feels like it’s sour/burning and trying to kill me.

So how did you know you were done with the killing off stage? I feel like I will be stuck on this stage forever because I’m too scared to move on to step 2. Since I’ve no idea if I really have killed the yeast off. 🙁 I do feel like I have more energy, I’ve been able to exercise a lot more, I’ve been diagnosed with several anxiety disorders and clinical depression, and lately it hasn’t been as bad. Other than that, I’m just not sure when to move on to the next step.

Thank youuu! 🙂
    -Ashka

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A cold/flu like symptoms are very similar to the die-off. I also got ill during the diet and it was pure die-off. It really takes its toll on the body. A few bad nights of sleep is all it can take at this critical time to make you feel even worse.

Brown rice has been problematic for many forum users. I ate brown rice for 2 months on my pre-candida diet and it didnt help. I had a leaky gut allergic reaction to it eventually. It does contain small amounts of gluten and should be saved for phase 2 if possible. Buckwheat is a great alternative and has similar flavor/texture and no gluten!

I would start taking molybdenum to kill off the candida further. I would also consider SF722 undeceonic acid to kill the candida. Candida can adapt to caprylic acid after 6-8 weeks but undeceonic acid is effective much longer. After doing both or either of these for a week, I would start the probiotic.

The probiotics are the most important thing that you need to cure the candida. Antibiotics often kill the beneficial flora in your gut and probiotics introduce them back into the gut. Start out at maybe 30-50 billion a day and move up slowly over time. Probiotics do so many things that I can’t get into all of the benefits. Kefir is also a natural probiotic that grows on its own…you just add milk/sugar and it grows over and over endlessly.

Garbanzo beans/chickpeas are technically a phase 2 item. I however had no problem with them while on the diet in small amounts and didn’t notice any setbacks. It probably effects different people differently. However, hummus concentrates it, so I would take it easy on it if possible. If you get a mucus reaction to anything you eat, this means you shouldn’t have it. This is my rule of thumb.

I would avoid the almonds/nuts until phase 2. If you get a reaction to it, it may mean that you have leaky gut syndrome. Molybdenum and grape or other bitters can help heal the gut.

You know when you are done with the killing off stage when you are symptom free. Headaches, nauseau, fatigue, mucus production, tremors/heart palpitations, and many more symptoms will go away or be very reduced. This includes allergic reactions to foods such as almonds, fruit, etc.

I did phase 1 for 4 months, and only at that time did I feel like I should move onto phase 2. All of my symptoms completely dissappeared and I had no reactions to any foods. The fatigue dramatically reduced as well.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum. The answers to your questions and a few comments are below.

Quote: I’ve read here that rice still has some gluten in it. All rice, or?

Reply: All rice is a starch, and all starches feed Candida. You shouldn’t have any rice at all, brown or otherwise.

Quote: My main question is…how do you really know if it’s working?

Reply: You “know” that it’s working if you’re doing everything correctly. Describe your entire diet, that way we can tell you whether or not you’re still feeding the Candia. If you’re killing the Candia and feeding them at the same time, you’re just wasting your time. That’s like shooting an enemy and then bandaging him so that you can shoot him again.

Quote: I’ve been taking different things that I’ve read you should take…so hopefully I really should be taking them? I have: Caprylic Acid, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Garlic capsules and I eat fresh garlic a few times a week.

Reply: These are fine for now. I would go ahead and add organic coconut oil starting with one teaspoon a day and moving up one teaspoon every two or three days. This is one of the best antifungals on the market, plus it will help to change the environment in your intestines to a less hospitable environment for the Candida.

Quote: I’ve been taking these things for 3 weeks now and I have no idea when I should stop…? Should I take probiotics with them or would it kill it off, too?

Reply: I would consider adding homemade kefir first. Read the following post. You can continue the antifungals you’re on until you run out. The best of the ones you already have is garlic. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1146_Kefir.aspx

Quote: Also, is hummus okay? I’ve read it is, but I’m not real sure.

Reply: That depends on the ingredients. Post the ingredients and we’ll let you know.

Quote: I only drink water and sometimes coconut milk (unsweetened). I’m allergic to regular milk and randomly developed an allergy to almonds and walnuts. No idea where that came from, but whenever I eat them my stomach feels like it’s sour/burning and trying to kill me.

Reply: You shouldn’t be eating or drinking any dairy products at all, including milk. Coconut milk is ok, but you’d be better off drinking more water. Leave all nuts alone for at least 2 or 3 months.

Quote: So how did you know you were done with the killing off stage?

Reply: After all symptoms have completely disappeared for at least a month.

Quote: I’ve been able to exercise a lot more.

Reply: Don’t overdo it with the exercise. Your immune system will suffer more, and it’s already overworking with trying to cure the Candida infestation. Mild excercise is fine.

PS: If you’re on birth control pills, your treatment will likely take much longer than it would otherwise.

Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: I would start taking molybdenum to kill off the candida further.

Raster, just a small correction; molybdenum doesn’t kill the Candida, it only prevents die-off symptoms by getting rid of the toxins the dying Candida produce.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thanks able…I am very off today I must say (didn’t sleep well this whole week).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘*Poke* Wondering if…’ is closed to new replies.