Please help! Becoming so depressed and desperate!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Please help! Becoming so depressed and desperate!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  emz333 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

Hi there, I have been on the Candida diet for 8 weeks now. I am a 26 year old female who is a shell of the person she used to be. This all began years ago if I really think about it, when I used to have the fantastic lifestyle in my late teens early 20s of drinking to excess every weekend, and partying like there was no tomorrow. I began noticing the skin on my cheeks become bumpy and I got a nail infection. I went to the doctor and he said it could have started with the nail infection and from me scratching my face, transferrd it to my skin. So he put me on antifungals for 3 months. While on these I could do whatever and nothing would happen, but as soon as I stopped my horrible skin came back worse and nail infection. Over the years it came and went but slowly got worse and worse. Aswell as having red puffy skin on my face, I started to get a horrible rash in my neck, which would also come and go. I also get extemely bad asthma amd ended up getting an inhaler from my doctor, which i had never had in ky life. A few more trips to my doctor later he reffers me to a dermatologist in the next city which was going to coat hundreds. 4 months ago we moved to Australia from NZ and the rash on my neck became SO bad, the whole front of my neck would weep yellow liquid and scab up but never heal. I became so depressd an desperate. I spent hours and hours reading about candida on the internet and leaky gut syndrome which fitted my symptoms. In November last year after crying myself to sleep, I got up and went and made an appointment to see a naturopath. She did a few tests on me and told me I had systemic candida, gave me a diet plan which included spelt, and sourdough bread, brown rice etc, and bactocan gi, along with the vitamins I was already taking – vit c, b, zinc, fish oil, flax seed oil. On the first 2 days of this programme I got extreme nausea, which was die off ofcourse then the next couple of days I started to feel great and my rash actually started to heal. 7 days after the diet, I took a turn for the worst and my rash became so bad i couldnt sleep or go to work, it was a huge weeping sore that was un bearable. I would have to dampen a towel and rest it on my neck to absorb it, and I felt sooo terrible. I tried to contact the same naturopath and she ignored my txts and calls, so I phoned another and booked in for a colonic as I had real they can help. She told me I need to stop ALL carbs and that they wer still feeding the candida, and that the bacto can gi was too much for me and to stop taking it until the new year and go back and see her and go from there. Well now it is the new year. I am so particular with what I eat because I am reacting to almost everything. I had a bad reaction to carrots, pumpkin, eggs, seeds, nuts too i think, so have stopped these. I am now only eating organic lamb, organic chicken, eggplant, zuchini, brocoli, kale, fresh prawns, cabbage with butter, lettuces, cucumber, avocado, celery. Have started to react to hummus I make myself too. I try and rotate this food every couple of days. Its SO hard. I can feel my neck is starting to get weepy now, I think it may be from lamb i ate lastnight from the supermarket, or the butter I had on my cabbage although its organic? I dont know.. I also just read that the probiotic I have been takin all along “inner health plus – dairy free” contains rice maltodextrin as the carrier.. god!! It doesnt say any where on the bottle, I had to google it. When I feel like im starting to have a reaction it starts with hot flush, or hot ears then my neck gets itchy and starts weeping unstoppably, then my face neck and chest gets red and itchy and a rash with bumpy weepy spots comes up and the next 3 or 4 days my face swells and eyes puff up. This is SO hard and depressing. I work in a front line position, and our uniform is a singlet so I cant hide it, and makeup only covers so much. Please help, any advice on what to eat as I am getting scared of eating anything different, even what I do eat now I am skeptical of. I need to go back and see the same naturopath, and she said she could see some candida passing out but it was new foam not old orange she said.. help plzzz!! thankyou for reading this!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Hey emz, welcome. Most of us here on the forum are following a protocol and strict diet list compiled by two very knowledgeable forum members, raster and Able900. This link (http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx) will take you to the thread for the protocol, and you can send Able900 a PM or email to ask for the diet list.

A lot of the things you’ve mentioned reacting to are excluded from this forum’s strict diet, so following it could be very helpful for you (without the trial and error). Also, there are supplements listed on the protocol (and another whole thread about supplements, which is linked on that one) that will help with your die-off symptoms, like Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate.

I hope reading through that information will be of some help 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello emz333,

I feel your woes and the neck stuff sounds intense. I have never heard of this as a symptom. However, skin conditions are likely related to lack of HCL (hydro-chloric acid) per doctor mcoombs:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

The body detoxes via 3 basic methods, via the skin, via the lungs, and via the bowels (filtered by kidneys and liver). It appears you are detoxing via 2 of these methods, which means you have a lot of toxins in your body not being released. The asthma is directly related to this and so is the skin condition.

I would focus the most on healing your liver which will likely greatly reduce some of your symptoms. What are you taking currently to reduce the toxins effecting your liver? There are a few ways to do this, but one of them is to sweat out the toxins via the skin, by doing a hot tub, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, or even hot bath:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4116_The-benefits-of-sweating-out-toxins-mineral-water-and-minerals.aspx

If you were to got a hot mineral spring, this likely will heal your skin and help reduce your symptoms. The sulphur found within the water is very important for skin health; you can supplement yourself with this as well. Vitamin C is also very important for skin health and the immune system, are you taking any?

Another way to help your liver is to take supplements:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

or heal it seperately by taking something like super milk thistle X which heals the liver.

I also would consider trying out acupuncture which can harmonize the body and help your body release toxins. It also can help heal individual organs.

All of the foods you recently removed are ones we do not recommend on the strict forum diet. They contain sugar, starch (which converts to sugar) and/or are inflammatory. For instance, brown rice is something we do not recommend on the forum because its high in starch, contains sugar, and is inflammatory. Nuts and seeds contain molds which can set back your progress. I was highly allergic to them as well but no longer.

You made a good decision by getting the cod liver which will greatly reduce the inflammation of the gut allowing leaky gut to heal. You can also heal leaky gut in a variety of other ways such as chewing your food longer, taking specific supplements such as L-glutamine, and eating foods that contain prebiotics and probiotics.

We also have some probiotics that we recommend which don’t contain maltodextrin:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

I would focus on a few basic things in order to get better:
    -Reduce inflammation of the gut
    -Heal your liver
    -Try our strict forum diet
    -Get better probiotics and try to get some kefir
    -Detox the body
    -Drink lots of water

I would take it easy on the antifungals until you heal your liver or can tolerate them without any drawbacks.

As mentioned in the above post, we developed a general plan to get better.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

She did a few tests on me and told me I had systemic candida, gave me a diet plan which included spelt, and sourdough bread, brown rice etc

Hello, Em, welcome to the forum.
    It sounds like this naturopath was trying to see how long she could keep you suffering considering you already had a Candida overgrowth.
    It looks like your problem all along has been the lack of knowledge (yours as well as your doctors) about what foods feed Candida albicans.
    Of course, not ever being on a workable protocol hasn’t help.

Read the testimonies to our protocol, the link is below. If you decide to give it a try, just let me know and I’ll send you the link to the diet. There’s no sense in you trying to read a lot of instructions about food and what all you need to do right now, we’ll just concentrate on one thing and one day at a time. You don’t need to be even more overwhelmed than you already are. You can contact me anytime on the forum or by private message.

Testimonies to the Diet & Protocol

Able

Kag
    Replies: 402

I am so sorry sweetie that you got hooked up with a bad naturopath… Hopefully the diet on here will help get you on the right track. I am sending you hugs and good thoughts!

Katie

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

hopefully u can get back on track thru following a more stricter diet ,i wish u the best of luck !

emz333

Hey guys, thanks so much for the speedy positive feedback. Its nice to hear. I just went and purchased some milk thistle, ginger and lemon grass organic tea, and some epsom salts for a bath tonight. Hopefully this helps a little. I asked them if they had the moly… amino chelate.. but they didnt so will try track that down at another health shop, unfortunately not enough time today! Ok I will stop taking the probiotic I have been straight away, I wont b able to purchase any more until my next day of in 5 days as I work 11 hour days usually with no break. I have read through the protocol and will try follow as much as possible. Could I please have the link to the diet? I feel like what I eat definately has the biggest affect on my rash. When my rash is bad I also get eczema all over my whole body too, and get really tired. Once again thanks so much for your replies. I cant say enough how nice it feels to know someone actually cares and is genuinly trying to help me. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

emz333

Also, what is kefir? and how can I make my own! Thanks:)

hope4eva77

Kefir is a probiotic drink. I plan on getting grains from the kefirlady.com and making it with organic whole milk.

U can use any kind of milk as long as its. Organic I have a thread bout it on here in general discussion, sum people say not to change the milk as it gets usd to same milk so I’m not going to do that.

Its seems very easy 2 make but is a process I haven’t made any yet and may wait till after winter since my kitchen so cold! But u can find all the info u need here on it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

emz333;33941 wrote: Could I please have the link to the diet?

Check your inbox on the forum, Em, the diet should be there waiting for you.

To answer your question about kefir; kefir is an extremely important part of the protocol here. You can read the information about it and how to make it as well as order it on the following website.
    http://kefirlady.com/

Let us know if you have any questions at all.
    Able

emz333

Hello again, thanx for your replies. I have just done a bit of searching on the internet and I dont think ai can import it to Australia. I have however found a couple of Australian websited to order it from. What is the most important thing about it, organic etc?

hope4eva77

the milk has to be organic

emz333

ok. i have been told to avoid dairy. would it be ok to use almond milk or coconut milk? these 2 are very hard to find with no “natural flavours” etc preservatives in them like that guar gum thts in coconut milk. should i order the live water grains or the live milk grains?

shayfo
    Replies: 668

I personally use dairy grains in coconut milk (the canned kind, not the cartoned kind for drinking plain). If you can get Aroy-D brand coconut milk in Australia, that seems to be one of the better ones in terms of not having added crap (they even have an organic line here). Alternately, you can make kefir with coconut water (it’s a huge fad in the US right now, so it’s easy to find, not sure if it’s caught on there), though I haven’t done this yet. I plan to, once my kefir grains reproduce enough that I have extra.

Jujublue
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Em, I too am suffering with the face thing and its so depressing. My neck and arms have cleared up about 80% after doing the diet and supps and more for 17+ weeks now. But my poor face is still on a cycle where every 7 days it flares up with red itchy patches and then spreads to cover most my face like a burning mask for about 3 days then barely if ever gets a chance to heal before it starts up again. I have had the weeping of the skin and the puffing up of the face and eyes several times too. I do think I need to be stricter with my diet as far as even the allowed carbs go but in a way I don’t know if the flare ups are caused by food or if they are a cycle that has to keep happening until it’s all worked out and back in balance. It seems no matter what I do, it keeps happening so maybe it’s not what we eat it’s die off or candida coming out the skin or something. I have noticed it started out kind of mild then got crazy bad for about the first 2 months of treatment and now has ever so slowly been backing off and covering less of my face, slightly less puffy and not burning as deep. Hope your okay, my depression over this gets out of control sometimes, sorry you are suffering too. I think the face thing is the hardest, not eating whatever I want comes in a close second. Take care.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Please help! Becoming so depressed and desperate!’ is closed to new replies.