Plain yogurt

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Plain yogurt

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

How much plain yogurt is it normally ok to eat? I ate around a cup a day with cinnomon but I eat yogurt twice a day now for the extra protei
    . Plus wanting the good bacteria in me. It’s the only dairy I touch and I put it on top of coconut cake for a treat. Thanks

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I eat about 1 cup a day of greek yogurt. Greek Yogurt has double the amount of protein then regular yogurt and it also has less sugar (lactose) then regular yogurt. ..

but 1-2 cups sounds fine as long as its sugar free and has probiotic.

moochpb

I eat about two cups of Greek yogurt. 7 grams of natural sugar, 23 grams of protein and I love it. I do worry about the sugar but its a low sugar diet not a no sugar diet. I was just curious, I’m a little more bloated after eating it twice a day unless its die off from my fungals. I’ve been increasing the doses so I’m curious. I love the yogurt though

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I think that you will feel if you overdo it. I do sometimes and know right away so in time you will know how much is enough.

I also wanted to suggest replacing one cup with cup of home made milk kefir. You still get the protein but much more probiotic both in terms of number of strains and volume. Plus since you are fermenting it yourself, you are sure that it is fermented right (at least 24 hours) so that minimum sugar (lactose) is left in there.

I still eat plain Greek yoghurt but I also have about a cup of kefir daily.

Arijana

moochpb

Ok thanks. Yeah I think 2 cups of yogurt is a bit too much still. Gotta just try and see what I react to. I drink so goat kefir which is awful btw lol. But I might do a cup of that and then later do some yogurt

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Danny33;33651 wrote: I eat about 1 cup a day of greek yogurt. Greek Yogurt has double the amount of protein then regular yogurt and it also has less sugar (lactose) then regular yogurt. ..

but 1-2 cups sounds fine as long as its sugar free and has probiotic.

I believe you mean unsweetened. All yogurt has natural sugars in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Plain yogurt’ is closed to new replies.