Peanuts (and other nuts & seeds)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Peanuts (and other nuts & seeds)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pinkbow 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pinkbow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

I love nuts, peanuts in particular. I eat them on a daily basis and often over-indulge. But I am almost sure my body has difficulties digesting them. I have cut out peanuts for several weeks but continued to eat other nuts & seeds such as almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, sunflower, pumpkin, hulled hemp and often either almond butter or sunflower seed butter. I will try for a week to cut them all out now and see if there is a difference.

Anyway, I read that soaking nuts and then sticking them in a dehydrator will make them easier to digest. And then from there I can make some butter and control how long I have them stored for rather than buying them pre-made. Has anyone had any success with this method?

I am also curious as to why I would have come across a restricted food list and saw almonds were a no-no but almond butter was okay? Is almond milk different in some way?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

If much of your diet is seeds/nuts, your fat consumption is very high.

Sometimes people dont have any trouble digesting nuts and seeds, they have trouble digesting high amounts of fat.

If someone complained that eating deep-fried food was hard to digest, it would be easier to see that it wasnt the potato or the zucchini, but the deep-fried way it was prepared. fat.

Your going to hear different things from different people depending on what works for them.
    I figured out by accident that where your overgrowth is located determines what your going to be sensitive to as well.

Listening to your body is going to be the best determiner.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Only consume nuts if you can soak them first. Do not consume any sunflower seed or peanut products because they are very high in mold. Only consume homemade fresh almond milk because the almonds will be soaked in water first. The almond milk at the store is higher in mold content.

-raster

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

raster;55944 wrote: Only consume nuts if you can soak them first. Do not consume any sunflower seed or peanut products because they are very high in mold. Only consume homemade fresh almond milk because the almonds will be soaked in water first. The almond milk at the store is higher in mold content.

-raster

This.

Same goes for chia seeds – I didn’t think I could tolerate them until I tried soaking them overnight before adding them to my breakfast protein shake. I now soak all seeds/nuts overnight before consuming – but I don’t eat peanuts at all. Almond butter is lovely (if pricey) and makes a fine substitute.

pinkbow

raster;55944 wrote: Only consume nuts if you can soak them first. Do not consume any sunflower seed or peanut products because they are very high in mold. Only consume homemade fresh almond milk because the almonds will be soaked in water first. The almond milk at the store is higher in mold content.

-raster

Soak them and dehydrate them, yes? Or is soaking them enough if you plan to eat them within 24 hours? I would like to invest in a dehydrator but if I suspect I am getting skin reactions from them (not soaked), who’s to say it won’t happen even after the soaking/dehydrating process. I will try a sample and watch for reactions.

I find using unsweetened almond milk is okay for me (fingers crossed). Maybe because it’s so filtered that I am probably only consuming the equivalent of 4-5 almonds in a cup of coffee.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You don’t have to dehydrate them as far as I know…

-raster

pinkbow

If my issue with nuts is simply not being able to digest them properly, would taking digestive enzyme supplements be an option as well? I would not want to abuse them, but maybe take them once in a while if I wanted to enjoy a nutty snack.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Peanuts (and other nuts & seeds)’ is closed to new replies.