passion flower for anxiety

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions passion flower for anxiety

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marbro 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I have a lot of passion flower on hand. Assuming all the other ingredients are okay in the actually capsule wall, is passion flower okay to use if I feel severe anxiety during withdrawl/ detox?

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Does anyone know the answer to this? I just already have a bunch of it, but if no onw knows then I can try something else for anxiety if the problem comes up during my detox. It is a natural herbal supplement.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I could not find any info on passion flower being bad for candida.

As far as the side effects I found this

PASSIONFLOWER Side Effects & Safety

Passionflower is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth in amounts normally found in food. It is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken short-term (less than one month) as medicine. It is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth in large amounts.

Passionflower can cause some side effects such as dizziness, confusion, irregular muscle action and coordination, altered consciousness, and inflamed blood vessels. There has also been a report of nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, a rapid heart rate, and abnormal heart rhythm in one person who took it.

There isn’t enough information to rate the safety of passionflower when applied to the skin.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
    Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Don’t take passionflower if you are pregnant. It is UNSAFE. There are some chemicals in passionflower that might cause the uterus to contract.

Not enough is known about the safety of taking passionflower during breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and don’t use it.

Surgery: Passionflower can affect the central nervous system. It might increase the effects of anesthesia and other medications on the brain during and after surgery. Stop taking passionflower at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-871-PASSIONFLOWER.aspx?activeIngredientId=871&activeIngredientName=PASSIONFLOWER

This pretty much sums up what other articles are saying about the side effects.

Here is a good one discussing what drugs that may have adverse effects when taking with passion flower.
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/passionflower-000267.htm

be aware of scams selling this stuff over the internet. It should not have a bunch of ther ingreidents added.

Personally I use chamomile tea to relax.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘passion flower for anxiety’ is closed to new replies.