Overmethylated? Impossible? Anyone?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Overmethylated? Impossible? Anyone?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

This is basically a 3 in one question combo to anyone who has suggestions-
    I started taking SAM-E 200mg before bed every night about a month ago. It helped tremendously and I noticed much more mental clarity and some other general improvements. A couple of days ago I started feeling really worked up/agitated. It got even worse the next day so I stopped taking the SAM-E and haven’t taken it for 2 days now I also took 100mg of niacin just in case. The agitation stopped and I feel better now. My question is: Do i pulse dose the SAM-E now? Or just take a break from it altogether? I should mention I am also taking jarrows b-right formula.

Also I’m trying to start taking more iodine, I’ve read it’s good to supplement with calcium, and I’ve looked at the foods I eat and realize I’m getting lots of salt, potassium, and magnesium but no calcium really. But I’ve also heard calcium can be bad to take in supplement form as well? Any insight into this?

3rd question is, does anyone ever have trouble breathing? Like i feel as if I just can’t take in as much oxygen as I need sometimes. And I get really short on breath easily. COQ10 seems to help sometimes, but not always. I have never smoked or had any lung problems so it’s pretty weird. Any tips?

Thanks guys!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Stop the SAMe at this point if you’re taking the b-right. If you get to the point where you feel like the pendulum swung too far the other way add some back in, but at a smaller doseage. I doubt you will need to.

Add in some calcium rich vege’s, cant beat the real thing, supplemental forms are poorly absorbed and utilized. Dark leafy greens are an excellent source.

When did it start? Is it constant? Do you have any periods of total relief? How do you do with a flight of stairs?

impossible

Would you be able to have your VEGF level tested?

Tdog333

impossible;53938 wrote: Stop the SAMe at this point if you’re taking the b-right. If you get to the point where you feel like the pendulum swung too far the other way add some back in, but at a smaller doseage. I doubt you will need to.

Add in some calcium rich vege’s, cant beat the real thing, supplemental forms are poorly absorbed and utilized. Dark leafy greens are an excellent source.

When did it start? Is it constant? Do you have any periods of total relief? How do you do with a flight of stairs?

Okay great I will up the greens. I think its been pretty constant since I came down with the c.diff infection 9-10 months ago. Just absolutely no energy back than and not much breath. I get occasional pains in my heart area too, but its not really bad, just minor. I never really have total relief, but it’s much better if I’m just sitting around and haven’t used much energy lately. It gets worse in stressful situations and after using muscles. One set of stairs would make me a bit tired, but not too terrible.
    If i went up and down them 2-3 times I would be winded for the next hour or so and get that feeling again.

The weird thing is before all that I could lift weights pretty much non-stop for a couple hours and still have energy afterwards.

I’ve never heard of that test to be honest, can i get it ordered online or do i go through my MD? What is it? I looked it up and it just said something about testing for cancer/tumors

impossible

vascular endothelial growth factor. Certain inflammatory responses to things can cause levels to drop which can lead to capillary hypoperfusion, lowered vo2max, and thus lowered energy, muscle soreness/spasms, and shortness of breath. It can tell you whether or not that is whats happening, good fork in the road if you will. If it is, further testing might help narrow down where its coming from, or at least rule out other things. If its not that bad and possibly getting better as you get things straightened out, its likely a part of the fatigue that comes with chronic inflammation and its after effects. Sometimes it takes a while to come around. When you can handle it, if its a case of post infection chronic fatigue, short medium-intensity non aerobic exercise can help it. If it hangs out for too long, suspect you’ve got other stuff going on that needs some attention.

impossible

Might not be a bad idea to have an ekg done in case you havent too, most likely just to rule it out.

Tdog333

impossible;53943 wrote: vascular endothelial growth factor. Certain inflammatory responses to things can cause levels to drop which can lead to capillary hypoperfusion, lowered vo2max, and thus lowered energy, muscle soreness/spasms, and shortness of breath. It can tell you whether or not that is whats happening, good fork in the road if you will. If it is, further testing might help narrow down where its coming from, or at least rule out other things. If its not that bad and possibly getting better as you get things straightened out, its likely a part of the fatigue that comes with chronic inflammation and its after effects. Sometimes it takes a while to come around. When you can handle it, if its a case of post infection chronic fatigue, short medium-intensity non aerobic exercise can help it. If it hangs out for too long, suspect you’ve got other stuff going on that needs some attention.

Okay that makes sense, I will look into getting that test done, I’ll see if i can convince my doctor, thanks for that advice! Do you think I should be focusing on lowering inflammation than? I could try upping my circumin intake? I take a gram or so a day right now.

impossible

Inflammation is not always a bad thing, if its necessary then its necessary. Anti-inflammatories like that arent likely to help a problem like you’re having much anyways, its kind of beyond that. Im not saying it wont though. If it comes back low get c3a/c4a checked through national jewish to start, if not than favor treatment in the direction of antioxidant and atp production and look for other possible infections. An organic acids test would be helpful in that case.

impossible

Keep getting plenty of rest, clean nutrition, good sleep and stay relaxed and happy.

impossible

Also, random muscle spasms caused by a lack of potassium are common with methylation supplementation. Theres other stuff that can go with it. Search hypokalemia on phoenixrising, or the web.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes calcium can really be a bad supplement to take if you are a male. Do not consume it for long periods of time and do not take high doses of it. What can happen is it can harden your arteries and this can cause heart problems. Males do not need much calcium typically, however females do.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/thinking-twice-about-calcium-supplements-2/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

http://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20120523/calcium-supplements-may-raise-heart-attack-risk

-raster

Tdog333

Thanks for the info guys!
    I think I’m going to get that organic acids test done soon when I get enough extra cash, it looks pretty promising. I will see if I can get a VEGF test done as well.

I tried some non-aerobic exercise today, i kept it pretty light and just did 1 set of low rep squat cleans and bench with medium weight(more than I’ve done in awhile though). It went pretty well actually, I was tired for the next 30 mins, but energy came back quick.

impossible

Thats good. Dont overdo it, a couple times a week maybe and see how you feel.

impossible

I wanted to mention that you might do well adding in hydroxyb12. Read up on Rich Vank’s Simplified Methylation Protocol over on phoenixrising.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Overmethylated? Impossible? Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.