Osteopath

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ackley 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I saw an Osteopath for the first time last night. Has anyone ever tried this before? She separated my large and small intestine with her hands. The pain was horrid, but I felt so oddly relaxed, then I slept like a rock for the first time in months.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

That’s interesting. What did she say her purpose was for doing that? Is there a name for that procedure? I’d be interested to read about why that’s done.

Has your digestion/elimination been affected at all? Do you still feel relaxed, or sore, or anything?

Glad to hear you slept well 🙂 I am a champion sleeper currently, but I had really intense, persistent insomnia as a 13-15 year old, and it’s awful!

mrs.candida

Shay,
    I’m no expert in what it is they do, and it was explained to me in broken english. The way she explained it she was feeling my organs to see how the tissue around them is. Ideally you want it to be supple. She said there was a lot of tension in my liver, and she needed to give it more space. She started by moving the small intestine down and then the large intestine a bit. Apparently you can’t just go right for the liver, or it could be too intense, so she’ll get to that next time. I go back in 4 weeks.

Today I feel like I got punched in the gut. I’m also getting cramps when I bend over and twist, like putting on shoes and stuff. But I feel less pain in my back (she said that would happen). I also have the energy of a person who got a great night sleep, which is rare for me. I also had more eliminations of more solid waste then normal.

Obviously I don’t expect this to cure my Candida. I’m only hoping to give my organs a little support. I ended up going to her because a local women said they were able to diagnose her Candida and they recommend a strict candida diet, so I feel they’re creditable.

shayfo

This is as interesting to me professionally as it is as a patient, I guess. I’ve heard of massage therapists taking courses and becoming certified in different types of organ manipulation, but I have no personal experience with it and don’t really know much about it at all. I think I’m going to do some research on this. I wouldn’t expect it to “cure” candida, but with all the curled-up sleeping and poor posture we subject our organs to, especially when we’re exhausted with candida or die-off, it makes some sense to open things up a little.

If you have menstrual cramps/discomfort, you should ask if she also does Arvigo Technique. It’s supposed to re-align your uterus properly (apparently many women have a “tilted” uterus?), and a lot of women with cramps or even infertility report improvement from it. I’ve never experienced it (I plan to, at some point), but I find it really interesting, and I’ve flirted with the idea of finding a course for it to get CE credits and expand my repertoire with something less intense than deep tissue massage.

mrs.candida

I’m reporting back to say that the good sleep didn’t stick, I was wide awake at 4AM this morning. Damn Adrenals! The good sleep could have just been a bit of a coincidence because I’ve just started back on the anti-fungals after taking 4 days off to take a trip to Paris. I do notice that I don’t have adrenal fatigue when I don’t take anti-fungals.

shayfo

Sorry to hear that, Mrs C! Was Paris fun, at least? 🙂

Ackley
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Well yeah i have faced it like twice in my life,You don’t need to be worried about it.You got the correct therapy.
    And you will get rid of it in a while,All you need to do is rest right now that will surely help you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Osteopath’ is closed to new replies.