On day 3 of my first candida cleanse and having lots of stomach pain. Help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On day 3 of my first candida cleanse and having lots of stomach pain. Help?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sarahdipitous 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sarahdipitous
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve tried hot baths, pain killers, massaging, deep breathing, drinking water and am still hurting. I’m a bit constipated so I’m sure that has something to do with it. I’ve been eating lots of veggies and raw foods and even tried laxative tea but the pain it caused was unbearable. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Love, light & healing 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sarahdipitous wrote: I’ve tried hot baths, pain killers, massaging, deep breathing, drinking water and am still hurting.

I want to make sure we understand your question before attempting to answer. Please explain the pain and exactly where it’s located, as well as if you’ve noticed a pattern as far as when the pain happens (after eating, etc.).

Please list the supplements you’re usng for the cleanse, also what you are eating if anything.

For the constipation, try an herbal supplement called ColonCleanz made by BodyGold. Walmart sells this as well as some vitamin stores.

I assume you’re not taking coconut oil yet, correct?

Able

sarahdipitous

Ack – sorry I PM’ed you, I’m new to this forum thing.. Anyways.

Sorry I didn’t clarify very well!

The pain is in my lower abdomen from my bellybutton down. It feels like very strong menstrual cramps, dull and constant (however I don’t have periods due to my birth control so I’m assuming it’s digestive)

I haven’t noticed so far when it happens as it only started yesterday. Yesterday it only lasted about an hour or two and was manageable but today it’s been unrelenting and began when I got out of bed today. I’ve had a few bowel movements today, but no subsequent pain relief.

I’m not on any supplements as I am unemployed and broke and food stamps won’t cover them. I’m eating mostly raw foods (with the exception of organic tomato soup, eggs and fish), avocado, tomato, garlic, lemon, chard, celery, almonds, olive oil, cucumber, peppers, broccoli, onion, ginger, herbal teas, a little tuna, scrambled eggs, tilapia, chive, and almond milk. Have not invested in coconut oil yet.

Able900
    Spectator

Sarah;
    Since you can’t afford supplements, you’re simply going to have to become stricter with your diet. I’m going to give you some suggestions that should eventually help the pain as well as save you some of the food stamps that you’re spending on needless foods.

1) Instead of eating so many raw vegetables, start very lightly steaming them, not boiling in water, but just enough steaming to start the breakdown of the fibers in the vegetables. Eat fresh or frozen green vegetables, organic when possible.

2) Cut out the tomato soup, if you can afford organic tomato soup you can probably afford organic green vegetable soup. Read the labels and make sure that it contains no fruits. Cut out the tomato as well and spend those food stamps on an extra avocado now and then.

3) Stop eating the almonds.

4) The herbal teas aren’t going to help cure your infestation. Switch to water and drink it with every meal as well as in-between. Get used to the taste of water, not only will it help to cleanse your body, but it’ll save you money. Most teas, herbal included, contain mold and this can cause the Candida infestation to grow worse. I’m assuming you’re not drinking coffee or any other caffeine products.

5) Stop drinking the almond milk, save your food stamps for additional avocados and fresh vegetables, organic when possible.

6) To be honest, ginger isn’t going to cure your infestation either. Again, save your money for organic vegetables. Also try purchasing more greens such as kale, spinach, turnip greens, etc.

7) Rutabagas are fairly cheap. Purchase one of these and slice it in round quarter- inch slices. Rub olive oil and both sides and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
    IMPORTANT: If you have a fairly bad Candida albicans infestation, be careful with the amount you eat the first few times you try it. Eat only one slice the first time if it’s a large rutabaga, two slices if it’s small. Be prepared for die-off symptoms if your Candida is bad because rutabagas are a very strong antifungal. If you will continue to eat these on a regular basis, along with onions, garlic, and leeks, you may be able to get by without purchasing antifungal products.

8) If you’re using regular table salt, check the label; if it contains Dextrose (a simple sugar), then it’s feeding the Candida and your treatment will be useless. Look for brands or types in the store which do not contain Dextrose. Let me know if you can’t find these.

9) Instead of purchasing tilapia, buy sardines. They’re just as healthy for you, cheaper, and they contain very small levels of mercury, if any at all, because they’re very young fish and have not had time to accumulate large quantities of mercury the way larger and older fish have.

10) You’re going to eventually need to purchase a kefir starter kit and hopefully a probiotic before you can cure the infestation completely. Perhaps you can start planning on how you can save money to purchase these when the time comes, that is, if the food stamps do not cover the cost.

Do you know how you contracted the Candida infestation?

Able

sarahdipitous

Awesome, thanks for all the advice, I will give it a go.

As for the contraction of it, I believe it was diet and possibly birth control. I’ve always eaten lots of bread and sugars and I think it started coming to a head earlier this year due to traveling a lot and eating lots of processed, sugary foods.

Since about January I’ve been having on and off digestion problems, skin rashes, recurring UTI’s and this last month it manifested into a yeast infection. I’ve been on the pill 2 months so I’m not sure how much that has to do with it. Not sure if I should stop taking it but am sure as hell willing to if it helps kill this stuff.

Any other advice?

Able900
    Spectator

Considering the UTI’s that you’ve suffered from, I should mention that if you wish to enjoy a cup of herbal tea occasionally, purchase only Organic Nettle Leaf tea. Nettle Leaf has a purifying effect on the human body, plus the added benefit of having the ability of keeping UTI’s under control during the infestation. Recurring UTI’s are often a side effect of Candida in women.

Candida infestations are often the result of birth control pills and are much more difficult to cure if a woman continues to stay on the pills. If you can see your way to stopping the pills, I’m quite sure the infestation will be easier for you to cure than otherwise. Of course, that’s up to no one but you.

It sounds like you were enjoying the typical American diet before contracting the infestation and this is no doubt at least a large part of the cause.

Good luck to you.
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Sarah,

It is very possible that the birth control is causing the problems, so you may consider stopping it until you are better. I mean, you aren’t going to be getting your groove on as much as you’d like with uti’s happening. Just a thought.

Able: good advice for someone who is broke!

sarahdipitous

Thank you all for the advice, you’ve been so helpful!

There’s a bit of a strange update to my situation however. My abdominal pains got so bad yesterday that I decided to go to the hospital. They did urine tests and a cervical exam and found out that I tested negative for yeast but I have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). Hence the abdominal pain!

But I was pretty shocked to hear I didn’t test for yeast, since I’ve had on and off symptoms of yeast infection for 3 weeks, fatigue, keritosis pilaris, constipation, skin rashes etc. Quite confusing. But now I’m worried because they gave me antibiotics that I’m sposed to take twice a day to get rid of the PID. Is this a great idea since I just got over such a yeast ordeal? I am freaked out that it’s going to make it come back with a vengeance, however, the PID needs to go.

Any ideas on how I can safeguard myself from the antibiotics wreaking havoc? A family member suggested unsweetened kefir to replenish good bacteria. Will that do any good?

Thanks again for the help 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Actually the kefir is a great idea; bravo to your relative.

If you’ve been suffering from skin rashes, recurring UTI’s and a yeast infection, you apparently have a yeast problem at the very least. If you can manage, you should probably purchase a good probiotic and take for at least the entire bottle.

As I’ve already stated, I would definitely purchase the kefir and eat that for as long as you can afford it.

Good luck to you.
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am sorry to hear this. I just want to note that antibiotics remove the good and bad flora in your body; this imbalance may cause the candida to worsen. Probiotics are the best solution because it adds only good flora in your body. Dr. Mccoomb is very against antibiotics and I recommend listening to some of his radio shows:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

I wouldn’t get too worried because you need to fight this intestinal disease (much greater problem than candida I guess).

Also to note, even though the yeast test came back negative…it doesn’t mean you still don’t have candida. Testing for candida/yeast is difficult, expensive and also sorta inconclusive; just try the diet and you will notice results.

sarahdipitous

Right on. You both have been great help 🙂 Thanks again!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On day 3 of my first candida cleanse and having lots of stomach pain. Help?’ is closed to new replies.