- November 4, 2012 at 6:40 am #91431
JessieLMemberTopics: 1Replies: 0
Hello, I just started the cleanse today. Doing pretty well so far. Just had a couple questions because there are a few things that are inconsistent on the website.
1) I’m doing the normal detox (not the colon cleanse), it says to drink the detox drink twice a day, but then later it shows 3 times a day. Is it only twice? (I hope so because of how hard it is to get down – any tips on drinking it more easily? Can I add lemon juice or something?)
2) I bought the NOW foods NAC. It says this can help for die-off. I read in one place to start taking it when I start my antifungals/probiotics, then I read somewhere else that I should have started it before my cleanse. Any thoughts on when to start taking molybdenum?
3) The site says do the cleanse for 7-14 days, but then I read somewhere else that it should be no more than 7 days. Which is correct? How do I know when to move on to stage 2?
4) Finally, do I start taking the antifungals right when I start stage 2? And then add in probiotics after a couple of days? (suggestions on the simplest/most efficient antifungals to do?)
I know that’s a lot of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
-JessieNovember 4, 2012 at 12:13 pm #91433
Task353MemberTopics: 0Replies: 2
I haven’t done a detox nor started the diet yet but been browsing around and may help.
One of the reasons why the information seems to be inconsistent is cos there are 2 “separate” resources.
Some of the info on the forum is different from what’s on the main website. Anyway, to answer your questions…
1) On the website (www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-diet-stage-one.htm) there are 2 cleansing options.
If you choose option 1 you can “drink a detox drink … twice each day”.
If you choose option 2 you can have a detox drink 3 times each day. ie
8:00am …. Detox drink
1:00pm …. Detox drink
5:00pm …. Detox drink
It also says “this is just a rough outline, you don’t need to follow it exactly”.
There are other detoxing options available (this time on the forum):
Lemon Water for Detoxing.
Daily Detox Drink.
And finally, it is not necessary to do a cleanse in order to cure a Candida infestation.
2) You should start taking this molybdenum 3 full days before starting the cleanse/detox:
There is more info as well on the above link.
3) Because of the possible die-offs and and time constraints, it seems the detox period varies from person to person. For example, you don’t want to do a detox when you are working full time. And “how do I know when to move on to stage 2”? I suppose when the die-offs stop? You have to do a forum search or wait for other guys to answer.
4) Do a forum search. I will help search an answer tomorrow if you don’t have it by then.
CheersNovember 15, 2012 at 3:24 am #91778
HappenNowMemberTopics: 3Replies: 8
I was wondering the same thing. I’m on day 10 of my cleanse (i had one slip up with some shredded coconut… unsweetened) but I was wondering when you know you’re ready to start Stage 2 the strict diet.
for what it’s worth… i think my approach to it will be just introducing a bit of the foods that are on the strict diet that aren’t in the cleanse and see how I feel. if the cravings, bloating etc… come back i’ll adjust the portions, try a different food or revert back to the cleanse for a day or two.
Hope that helps you!November 15, 2012 at 3:38 am #91779
rasterParticipantTopics: 104Replies: 6838
We follow different stages on the forum as well:
stage 0: cleanse/detox
stage 1: long term anti-candida diet until you are symptom free
stage 2: more starches, sugars, fruits…for when you are basically long over die-off
stage 3: a healthy non-candida diet
We put together this general plan to get better if you are interested:
The topic ‘On Day 1 of cleanse – unsure of a couple things! please help!’ is closed to new replies.