Olives

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CandidaDefined 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

For those who eat olives, do you have any brand name suggestions? I’m looking for some tasty (preferably organic) olives. Also, as a point of clarification, manzanilla olives should be eaten without the piquilla pepper/pimento, right? Or does it matter?

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Well, I couldn’t find an organic bran, so tonight I purchased a brand called Lindsay. The label indicated the only ingredients were olives and sea salt. Shortly after eating just one green olive my tongue started burning. While I was researching whether olives are an anti-fungal (and perhaps that caused the reaction), I discovered that most olives (including the brand I purchased) are soaked in lye prior to being sold (apparently to draw out their natural flavor — surprising but true. It’s on the company’s webpage). So, does anyone know if olives are an anti-fungal? And, does anyone have a good organic brand which doesn’t use lye in its process? I’m really hoping to add them to my diet, if at all possible. Thanks!

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Wow, that’s interesting. I’m curious too. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Olives’ is closed to new replies.